Nokia 6600 - extending video and audio recording times

Last response: in Brands
Share
August 5, 2004 1:17:09 AM

Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Hi all,

Does anyone know where to get apps, if there are any, or any other
methods of extending the default video and audio recording times on a
Nokia 6600?

I'd be muchly grateful for any pointers.

TIA
--
Mojo.
Anonymous

"Mojo" <anexpatbrit@null.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> Does anyone know where to get apps, if there are any, or any other
> methods of extending the default video and audio recording times on a
> Nokia 6600?
> I'd be muchly grateful for any pointers.
> TIA
> Mojo.

Use a bigger MMC?

Steve Terry
August 5, 2004 2:21:40 AM

Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 22:21:39 +0100, "Steve Terry" <g4wwk@despammed.com>
said:

>"Mojo" <anexpatbrit@null.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>> Does anyone know where to get apps, if there are any, or any other
>> methods of extending the default video and audio recording times on a
>> Nokia 6600?
>> I'd be muchly grateful for any pointers.
>> TIA
>> Mojo.
>>
>Use a bigger MMC?

Cheers, but no, I meant recordings in one go. The video camera will
only record nine second long clips, for example.

I've already got a bigger memory card, now just need to find a way to
do longer video and audio to fill it up. :)

--
Mojo.
Related resources

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 21:26:43 +0000, Mojo <anexpatbrit@null.com> said:

>On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 22:21:39 +0100, "Steve Terry" <g4wwk@despammed.com>
>said:
>

>>"Mojo" <anexpatbrit@null.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi all,
>>> Does anyone know where to get apps, if there are any, or any other
>>> methods of extending the default video and audio recording times on a
>>> Nokia 6600?
>>> I'd be muchly grateful for any pointers.
>>> TIA
>>> Mojo.
>>>
>>Use a bigger MMC?
>
>Cheers, but no, I meant recordings in one go. The video camera will
>only record nine second long clips, for example.
>
>I've already got a bigger memory card, now just need to find a way to
>do longer video and audio to fill it up. :)

<replies to self>

I found what I was looking for re. the video: '3GPP Philips Camcoder
PRO for Nokia 6600', seems to do the trick in case anyone else is
looking for the same sort of thing. I found it here at My-Symbian
http://tinyurl.com/5nw57 but being Philips presumably its available
from other places to.

Wonder why Nokia didn't ship the phone with something similar? Weird.

--
Mojo.
August 5, 2004 3:41:50 AM

> On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 22:21:39 +0100, "Steve Terry" <g4wwk@despammed.com>
> said:
> Cheers, but no, I meant recordings in one go. The video camera will
> only record nine second long clips, for example.
>
> I've already got a bigger memory card, now just need to find a way to
> do longer video and audio to fill it up. :)

This program @
http://my-symbian.com/7650/applications/applications.ph...
works ok - friend was able to get 6 mins out of it on medium quality. You
have to set it to record to the MMC
August 5, 2004 7:37:07 PM

Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

How can I remove the program? App manger remove doesn't do it!

"james" <james@clanspanky.com> wrote in message

> "Mojo" <anexpatbrit@null.com> wrote in message
> > On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 22:21:39 +0100, "Steve Terry" <g4wwk@despammed.com>
> > said:
> > Cheers, but no, I meant recordings in one go. The video camera will
> > only record nine second long clips, for example.
> >
> > I've already got a bigger memory card, now just need to find a way to
> > do longer video and audio to fill it up. :)
> >

> This program @
> http://my-symbian.com/7650/applications/applications.ph...
> works ok - friend was able to get 6 mins out of it on medium quality. You
> have to set it to record to the MMC

July 17, 2009 2:40:04 PM

!