Nokia 6600 - extending video and audio recording times

Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Hi all,

Does anyone know where to get apps, if there are any, or any other
methods of extending the default video and audio recording times on a
Nokia 6600?

I'd be muchly grateful for any pointers.

TIA
--
Mojo.
6 answers Last reply

    "Mojo" <anexpatbrit@null.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > Does anyone know where to get apps, if there are any, or any other
    > methods of extending the default video and audio recording times on a
    > Nokia 6600?
    > I'd be muchly grateful for any pointers.
    > TIA
    > Mojo.

    Use a bigger MMC?

    Steve Terry
  2. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

    On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 22:21:39 +0100, "Steve Terry" <g4wwk@despammed.com>
    said:

    >"Mojo" <anexpatbrit@null.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >> Does anyone know where to get apps, if there are any, or any other
    >> methods of extending the default video and audio recording times on a
    >> Nokia 6600?
    >> I'd be muchly grateful for any pointers.
    >> TIA
    >> Mojo.
    >>
    >Use a bigger MMC?

    Cheers, but no, I meant recordings in one go. The video camera will
    only record nine second long clips, for example.

    I've already got a bigger memory card, now just need to find a way to
    do longer video and audio to fill it up. :)

    --
    Mojo.
  3. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

    On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 21:26:43 +0000, Mojo <anexpatbrit@null.com> said:

    >On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 22:21:39 +0100, "Steve Terry" <g4wwk@despammed.com>
    >said:
    >

    >>"Mojo" <anexpatbrit@null.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi all,
    >>> Does anyone know where to get apps, if there are any, or any other
    >>> methods of extending the default video and audio recording times on a
    >>> Nokia 6600?
    >>> I'd be muchly grateful for any pointers.
    >>> TIA
    >>> Mojo.
    >>>
    >>Use a bigger MMC?
    >
    >Cheers, but no, I meant recordings in one go. The video camera will
    >only record nine second long clips, for example.
    >
    >I've already got a bigger memory card, now just need to find a way to
    >do longer video and audio to fill it up. :)

    <replies to self>

    I found what I was looking for re. the video: '3GPP Philips Camcoder
    PRO for Nokia 6600', seems to do the trick in case anyone else is
    looking for the same sort of thing. I found it here at My-Symbian
    http://tinyurl.com/5nw57 but being Philips presumably its available
    from other places to.

    Wonder why Nokia didn't ship the phone with something similar? Weird.

    --
    Mojo.
  4. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

    > On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 22:21:39 +0100, "Steve Terry" <g4wwk@despammed.com>
    > said:
    > Cheers, but no, I meant recordings in one go. The video camera will
    > only record nine second long clips, for example.
    >
    > I've already got a bigger memory card, now just need to find a way to
    > do longer video and audio to fill it up. :)

    This program @
    http://my-symbian.com/7650/applications/applications.php?fldAuto=970&faq=4
    works ok - friend was able to get 6 mins out of it on medium quality. You
    have to set it to record to the MMC
  5. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

    How can I remove the program? App manger remove doesn't do it!

    "james" <james@clanspanky.com> wrote in message

    > "Mojo" <anexpatbrit@null.com> wrote in message
    > > On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 22:21:39 +0100, "Steve Terry" <g4wwk@despammed.com>
    > > said:
    > > Cheers, but no, I meant recordings in one go. The video camera will
    > > only record nine second long clips, for example.
    > >
    > > I've already got a bigger memory card, now just need to find a way to
    > > do longer video and audio to fill it up. :)
    > >

    > This program @
    > http://my-symbian.com/7650/applications/applications.php?fldAuto=970&faq=4
    > works ok - friend was able to get 6 mins out of it on medium quality. You
    > have to set it to record to the MMC

  6. > I've already got a bigger memory card, now just need to find a way to
    > > do longer video and audio to fill it up. :)

Nokia Video Audio