How to tell if PSU is capable of Crossfire

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Power Supplies
  • Crossfire
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
June 6, 2012 11:23:30 PM

I was looking at a couple power supplies but both said SLI ready or certified but did not mention Crossfire. Can I onle get power supplies that state that they are ready or certified or is there something that I can look for to be able to tell if the power supply will fit me needs?

Is there a difference between Crossfire Ready and Crossfire Certified?

I saw this one on sale for $59.99 but unfamiliar with the brand. Anyone know if it is any good or if the brand is any good? Will it work well for me?

Current setup so far:
Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard
Radeon HD 6850 - Would like to have option to Crossfire in the future if needed.
Crucial SSD M4 256GB
i7-2600K Processor

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?nm_mc=AFC-Te...

Thanks!

More about : psu capable crossfire

a b U Graphics card
June 7, 2012 12:23:49 AM

Looks like a good deal. 750 watts, as ct1615 said, is overkill, I could run my 6950s on that and have room to OC the CPU and GPUs (I've had them running on a 650 Corsair) NZXT is good, not top of the line manufacturer, but decent enough. AMD's 6000 range is quite power efficient too, so you'll be good to go.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 7, 2012 1:43:09 AM

ct1615 said:
NZXT is not a manufacturer, neither is corsair. they are a very good brand though, not well know as some others, but their PSUs are as good as many seasonic, corsairs pc power & cooling, & xfx PSUs. in fact, your corsair and the NZXT he linked probably use the exact same platform.

Yeah, sorry, meant brand. And I have used NZXT, they're great, but I had to upgrade since and a Corsair was the way to go, it seemed - 4 years on it's still running great (the NZXT was put in another system and die just out of warranty, probably due to over-stressing)
m
l