Would this PSU handle 2x 7970s and i5 3570k?

Hello..Would This power supply handle two Sapphire 7970s OC with boost and an i5 3570k Overclocked to 4.2 ?


XFX ProSeries XXX Edition P1-750X-XXB9 750W 80 Plus Bronze

Link: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4920658&CatId=2533
13 answers Last reply
More about would handle 7970s 3570k
  1. That will be more than enough to run crossfire with the 7970's and the i5 overclocked :)
  2. I've calculated and even with your cpu at 100% full load max you'd need is around 600W
  3. okay Thanks :D
  4. Here is Guru3D's power supply recommendation:

    Radeon HD 7970 - On your average system the card requires you to have a 550 Watt power supply unit.
    Radeon HD 7970 Crossfire - On your average system the cards require you to have a 750 Watt power supply unit as minimum.

    If you are going to overclock GPU or processor, then we do recommend you purchase something with some more stamina. Source: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_radeon_hd_7970_review,8.html
  5. bigcyco1 said:
    Here is Guru3D's power supply recommendation:

    Radeon HD 7970 - On your average system the card requires you to have a 550 Watt power supply unit.
    Radeon HD 7970 Crossfire - On your average system the cards require you to have a 750 Watt power supply unit as minimum.

    If you are going to overclock GPU or processor, then we do recommend you purchase something with some more stamina. Source: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_radeon_hd_7970_review,8.html

    Same model 850w , maybe?
  6. klagera said:
    Same model 850w , maybe?
    I would if it was my rig :)
  7. bigcyco1 said:
    I would if it was my rig :)

    Will do, Thanks :)
  8. klagera said:
    Will do, Thanks :)
    Your very welcome. :)
  9. http://mark.zoomcities.com/images/gfx/GFXpowerchartbybrandgen.png

    7970 need 520W on PEAK (furmark ) and 360W noramll gaming so take it up to 400(even 520W) and you are still good.

    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/XFX-750-W-Black-Edition-Power-Supply-Review/933/8

    Xfx can deliver more than 750 (936W) so you dont need 850 !

    Good Luck !
  10. prototype18 said:
    http://mark.zoomcities.com/images/gfx/GFXpowerchartbybrandgen.png

    7970 need 520W on PEAK (furmark ) and 360W noramll gaming so take it up to 400(even 520W) and you are still good.

    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/XFX-750-W-Black-Edition-Power-Supply-Review/933/8

    Xfx can deliver more than 750 (936W) so you dont need 850 !

    Good Luck !

    Wrong hes not getting that PSU it's a different model
  11. bigcyco1 said:
    Wrong hes not getting that PSU it's a different model

    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/XFX-750-W-Black-Edition-Power-Supply-Review/933/8

    SAME !

    Edit : http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/XFX-PRO-650-W-XXX-Edition-Power-Supply-Review/1604/9 Check this 650 W

    They are identical

    Edit 2 : His max draw goes near 650-700 (addink frumark and prime95 ) so he is still ok !
  12. prototype18 said:
    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/XFX-750-W-Black-Edition-Power-Supply-Review/933/8

    SAME !

    Edit : http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/XFX-PRO-650-W-XXX-Edition-Power-Supply-Review/1604/9 Check this 650 W

    They are identical

    Edit 2 : His max draw goes near 650-700 (addink frumark and prime95 ) so he is still ok !
    look at this review http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CF8QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jonnyguru.com%2Fmodules.php%3Fname%3DNDReviews%26op%3DStory%26reid%3D216&ei=RKPHUL_UKKvliwKOtYG4Ag&usg=AFQjCNE_eLTPfbhbGIZuDZ-THDvJ1Qvmiw&sig2=y0oQG5DO7pPwttAaWafdpg&cad=rja and here Here is Guru3D's power supply recommendation:

    Radeon HD 7970 - On your average system the card requires you to have a 550 Watt power supply unit.
    Radeon HD 7970 Crossfire - On your average system the cards require you to have a 750 Watt power supply unit as minimum.

    If you are going to overclock GPU or processor, then we do recommend you purchase something with some more stamina. Source: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_radeon_hd_7970_review,8.html
  13. Well u linked Core Edition .

    http://mark.zoomcities.com/images/gfx/GFXpowerchartbybrandgen.png

    Check this on top !
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Intel i5 Sapphire Components