Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Gigabyte 670gtx oc windforce very low performance

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 6, 2012 11:34:37 PM

Hey guys, I am fairly new to the site. First Build.

I have been having some issues while playing diablo 3 and benchmarking (heaven dx11 and 3d mark11 @ average 11-15fps) which they all give very low performace.
I have done a unistall/reinstall of the driver and it give the same performace the whole time.. any help?

mobo - msi z77a g45
cpu - i5 3550
gpu - gigabyte gtx 670
mem - corsair vengeance 2x4GB 1600
psu - corsair tx650m
ssd - corsair force series 120gb
case - corsair obisidian 550d
hs - cooler master hyper 212 plus
a b U Graphics card
June 6, 2012 11:43:26 PM

What quality are you running it on?
Are you experiencing any other application slowdown?
What are your temps?
m
0
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
June 7, 2012 12:00:48 AM

There is a known issue with Nvidia's latest driver that can cause many of Nvidia's cards to throttle down when they're not supposed to. Try uninstalling the driver and installing an older version.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 7, 2012 12:04:11 AM

im running everything on max setting for diablo 3

Heaven dx11
tesellation disabled
shaders high
anisotrophy 4x
anti-aliasing off
fullscreen
res system

temps when playing diablo for gpu max is 47C

any other info you need?
m
0
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
June 7, 2012 1:17:10 AM

rjodo said:
im running everything on max setting for diablo 3

Heaven dx11
tesellation disabled
shaders high
anisotrophy 4x
anti-aliasing off
fullscreen
res system

temps when playing diablo for gpu max is 47C

any other info you need?


Would you mind monitoring and logging the clock frequencies of your GPU while bench-marking with Diablo 3 and/or Heaven? If it is throttling, then like I said, a driver rollback might solve the problem. Heck, a driver rollback might solve the problem regardless of what the clock frequency monitor says.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 7, 2012 3:02:01 AM

47deg C while supposedly running a game is wayyyyyy too cool.

I concur, it sounds like throttling ay.
m
0
l
June 7, 2012 4:26:31 AM

i dont have an older version. where would i find it?
m
0
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
June 7, 2012 4:32:04 AM

nvidia.com seems like a likely starting place. Or more accurately, here at nvidia.com:

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/beta-legacy

Just scroll down to GTX 670 instead of GTX 690 and it should give you the previous drivers for the GTX 670.
m
0
l
June 7, 2012 7:20:00 AM

Okay I tried it a few hours ago on heaven dx11 but didn't get the chance to
put the info on here. It got 40 fps but went down to 30 fps till the end, which is better than the previous time. And diablo is running ok.. Still pretty low fps..

This was with the older driver.

Any other advice? I want to get what I paid for..
m
0
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
June 7, 2012 7:24:52 AM

rjodo said:
Okay I tried it a few hours ago on heaven dx11 but didn't get the chance to
put the info on here. It got 40 fps but went down to 30 fps till the end, which is better than the previous time. And diablo is running ok.. Still pretty low fps..

This was with the older driver.

Any other advice? I want to get what I paid for..


What resolution are you using and do you have other, more GPU intensive games than Diablo 3? It's a pretty light game and it can be finicky too.
m
0
l
June 7, 2012 7:27:25 AM

I forgot. I'm not at home right now but its something like
Xxxx x 1050 res

Diablo may be light but fps so very low when doing nothing in the game
m
0
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
June 7, 2012 7:33:41 AM

I assume that it's 1680x1050. The GTX 670 is more for 2560x1600 than for a resolution this low. You likely have a CPU bottleneck, even with a stock i7. However, that shouldn't stop FPS from being in the triple digits, just not as high as it could be... If an older driver improved performance, then maybe an even older one will help even more. However, I'm not sure if your current problem is driver related or not. Maybe your GTX 670 (or another part of your computer) is faulty. Also, check to see if there are too many programs running on your computer when you're gaming. Something could be bogging up performance in the background.
m
0
l
June 7, 2012 7:41:54 AM

Alright thanks! I'll try it when I get home. Can't for the life of me find the much older drivers.. Help? Haha. I'll get my friend to check the parts for me.
m
0
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
June 7, 2012 12:40:15 PM

These GTX 600 cards aren't that old, so they might not have many older drivers that are guaranteed to be compatible. However, the current drivers should work. At the very least, the second newest driver should work better. I'm not sure that with the older driver at least being an improvement, that you still have a driver problem. I'm not aware of a problem with the previous drivers for GTX 600 cards that causes poor performance.
m
0
l
June 7, 2012 6:34:16 PM

teh_gerbil said:
47deg C while supposedly running a game is wayyyyyy too cool.

I concur, it sounds like throttling ay.



My Gigabyte GTX670 only hits 53*C playing D3. It puts less then 60% load on the card.

m
0
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
June 7, 2012 7:53:58 PM

Triton05 said:
My Gigabyte GTX670 only hits 53*C playing D3. It puts less then 60% load on the card.


There's a big difference between 47 and 53 degrees in Celsius, especially if it's the same Gigabyte GTX 670.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 7, 2012 7:56:28 PM

@triton, thanks for that info, what is your CPU?

If we are presuming here his CPU is not bottlenecking D3, if you have lesser CPU and still your gfx card is working that hard then he indeed has a problem.
m
0
l
June 7, 2012 8:08:09 PM

k well i got it to work (had to put it on pci 2 >.<) on diablo at max settings on 100 fps @ 50C for 2 hours. afterburner says gpu usage is at 95% power @ 35% is that a bad sign or what? i don't know lol
heaven still stuck at 16 fps gah
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 7, 2012 8:16:59 PM

GPU load is at 95% and Fan speed is at 35% thats not bad. I think you have 60hz refresh rate so 100 fps would be a waste u won't see the difference only tearing. Cap it at 60!
m
0
l
June 14, 2012 12:46:29 AM

i5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 18, 2012 7:01:31 PM

rjodo said:
Hey guys, I am fairly new to the site. First Build.

I have been having some issues while playing diablo 3 and benchmarking (heaven dx11 and 3d mark11 @ average 11-15fps) which they all give very low performace.
I have done a unistall/reinstall of the driver and it give the same performace the whole time.. any help?

mobo - msi z77a g45
cpu - i5 3550
gpu - gigabyte gtx 670
mem - corsair vengeance 2x4GB 1600
psu - corsair tx650m
ssd - corsair force series 120gb
case - corsair obisidian 550d
hs - cooler master hyper 212 plus


New drivers released 304.48, they fix the v sync stutter issue have fun!\


Windows 7 and vista 64 bit:

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/45970

Windows 7 and vista 32 bit:
http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/45969
m
0
l
June 18, 2012 8:22:57 PM

we will see. thanks.
m
0
l
!