9 new Canons today...Sheesh

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 22, 2005 8:07:37 PM

Good grief.
Canon is having a fit of camera announcements.
Check out www.dpreview.com news front page for announcments of all, with
pictures...

More about : canons today sheesh

Anonymous
August 22, 2005 8:14:13 PM

> Good grief.
> Canon is having a fit of camera announcements.
> Check out www.dpreview.com news front page for announcments of all, with
> pictures...

Ya, I know... Also 7 new threads from me regarding Canon today...sheesh.

Clearly the biggest digital new of the quarter, however, so live a little...
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 8:15:26 PM

> Good grief.
> Canon is having a fit of camera announcements.
> Check out www.dpreview.com news front page for announcments of all,
> with pictures...

Mr Amazon.com will accept your pre-order for a 5D to be released 15
November 2005. $3,299. I'm excited. Now, where's my garage/yard sale
equipment?

--
Frank ess
August 22, 2005 8:22:42 PM

>> Good grief.
>> Canon is having a fit of camera announcements.
>> Check out www.dpreview.com news front page for announcments of all, with
>> pictures...
>>

> Mr Amazon.com will accept your pre-order for a 5D to be released 15
> November 2005. $3,299. I'm excited. Now, where's my garage/yard sale
> equipment?

That will have to be a rather l-a-r-g-e garage sale, Frank.

And where are those song lyrics, BTW?
:)
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 9:05:34 PM

> "Frank ess" <frank@fshe2fs.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in
>> message news:XUsOe.8231$Us5.5907@fed1read02...
>>> Good grief.
>>> Canon is having a fit of camera announcements.
>>> Check out www.dpreview.com news front page for announcments of
>>> all, with pictures...
>>>

>> Mr Amazon.com will accept your pre-order for a 5D to be released 15
>> November 2005. $3,299. I'm excited. Now, where's my garage/yard
>> sale equipment?
>
> That will have to be a rather l-a-r-g-e garage sale, Frank.
>
> And where are those song lyrics, BTW?
> :)

Song lyrics? Song. Lyrics.

Oh yeah. Old Timer's strikes again.

Old Mickey Brinnigan had a bull pup
And a-fighting he'd never give up
Did ever you see such a wonderful dog
As Old Mickey Brinnigan's pup?

He got in a fight down the street one day
And he fought with his mouth open wide
He swallowed the dog and all four of his feet
And choked on his tail 'til he died

Oh a tar rar rar and a ki yi yi
And a-fighting he'd never give up
Did ever you see such a wonderful dog
As Old Mickey Brinnigan's pup?

--
Frank ess
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 9:14:26 PM

Hi Canon management reading this...

Here, let me put it in plain clear English :

***** 3 INCH SCREEN ******

Thanks for your attention
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 9:29:26 PM

>> "Frank ess" <frank@fshe2fs.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> Mr Amazon.com will accept your pre-order for a 5D to be released 15
>>> November 2005. $3,299. I'm excited. Now, where's my garage/yard sale
>>> equipment?
>>
>> That will have to be a rather l-a-r-g-e garage sale, Frank.
>>
>> And where are those song lyrics, BTW?
>> :)
>
> Song lyrics? Song. Lyrics.
>
> Oh yeah. Old Timer's strikes again.
>

> Old Mickey Brinnigan had a bull pup
> And a-fighting he'd never give up
> Did ever you see such a wonderful dog
> As Old Mickey Brinnigan's pup?
>
> He got in a fight down the street one day
> And he fought with his mouth open wide
> He swallowed the dog and all four of his feet
> And choked on his tail 'til he died
>
> Oh a tar rar rar and a ki yi yi
> And a-fighting he'd never give up
> Did ever you see such a wonderful dog
> As Old Mickey Brinnigan's pup?

Copied to file.
I have a particular fondness of songs about dogs.
I'm sure my two dogs, Bubba and Beans will love hearing me screech a made-up
tune of that one on my 8 string uke. :)
Where's that one from?
I'll be looking for more...
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 10:00:31 PM

> "Frank ess" <frank@fshe2fs.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in
>> message news:57tOe.8242$Us5.5333@fed1read02...
>>>
>>> "Frank ess" <frank@fshe2fs.com> wrote in message

>>> That will have to be a rather l-a-r-g-e garage sale, Frank.
>>>
>>> And where are those song lyrics, BTW?
>>> :)
>>
>> Song lyrics? Song. Lyrics.
>>
>> Oh yeah. Old Timer's strikes again.
>>

>> Old Mickey Brinnigan had a bull pup
>> And a-fighting he'd never give up
>> Did ever you see such a wonderful dog
>> As Old Mickey Brinnigan's pup?
>>
>> He got in a fight down the street one day
>> And he fought with his mouth open wide
>> He swallowed the dog and all four of his feet
>> And choked on his tail 'til he died
>>
>> Oh a tar rar rar and a ki yi yi
>> And a-fighting he'd never give up
>> Did ever you see such a wonderful dog
>> As Old Mickey Brinnigan's pup?
>
> Copied to file.
> I have a particular fondness of songs about dogs.
> I'm sure my two dogs, Bubba and Beans will love hearing me screech a
> made-up tune of that one on my 8 string uke. :)
> Where's that one from?
> I'll be looking for more...

A little google yielded:
http://sniff.numachi.com/~rickheit/dtrad/pages/tiMICKPU...

I remember distinctly the words I wrote down. Typical of "traditional"
songs, lyrics change from one singer (and even one rendition) to the
next. "Folk Songs of the Catskills..." Weren't the Catskills a known
performer magnet? I suppose the collection site can be continents away
from origins. Although my Granddad was a Mormon missionary in the
South and elswhere out East, and could have picked his songs up
anywhere.

One of the songs I'm remembering is "The Cat Came Back", which I have
actually heard from a record, some time in the early 60s. I'll bet
that is a productive set of search terms.

--
Frank ess

Before I post any more it may be a good idea to search on more partial
lyrics to see where they come from...
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 12:53:25 AM

> Good grief.
> Canon is having a fit of camera announcements.
> Check out www.dpreview.com news front page for announcments of all, with
> pictures...

Just in time for the upcoming holiday gift-giving season, although there's
no law against you giving yourself one.
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 2:01:05 AM

On 22-Aug-05 16:07, Mark² wrote:
> Good grief.

Are you ok, you are shaking! Butthanks to the reliable
Canon shake stabilization you will be all right! :-)

> Canon is having a fit of camera announcements.
> Check out www.dpreview.com news front page for announcments of all, with
> pictures...

Anonymous
August 23, 2005 2:13:52 AM

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 17:05:34 -0700, Frank ess wrote:

> Old Mickey Brinnigan had a bull pup
> And a-fighting he'd never give up
> Did ever you see such a wonderful dog
> As Old Mickey Brinnigan's pup?

Ooh. That reminds me of a shorter one some relatives (very young)
used to sing, about Michael Finnegan, who grew some whiskers on his
chinnegan. Anything like that in your collection?
August 23, 2005 3:43:23 AM

> Good grief.
> Canon is having a fit of camera announcements.
> Check out www.dpreview.com news front page for announcments of all, with
> pictures...
Canon today announced they are discontinuing the 5D. They will announce the
5D mk.II on September 2
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 3:56:01 AM

"kinga202NOSPAM@hotmail.com" <auscars@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi Canon management reading this...
>
> Here, let me put it in plain clear English :
>
> ***** 3 INCH SCREEN ******
>
> Thanks for your attention

What, 2.5" isn't enough for you? And where do you propose our buddies at
Canon put the controls on the back to make room for this 3" screen?

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

"ThomasH" <henrymot@coco.net> wrote in message
> On 22-Aug-05 16:07, Mark² wrote:
>> Good grief.
>
> Are you ok, you are shaking! Butthanks to the reliable
> Canon shake stabilization you will be all right! :-)

Nah... Just a fast typist...

What's a butt hanks, BTW?
:)
August 23, 2005 7:20:18 AM

Mark² wrote:

> Good grief.
> Canon is having a fit of camera announcements.

I *hate* the Christmas season. It starts earlier every year.

Jeff
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 7:30:29 AM

Mark² (lowest even number here) wrote:
> Good grief.
> Canon is having a fit of camera announcements.
> Check out www.dpreview.com news front page for announcments of all, with
> pictures...

pixel diarrohea?

- Siddhartha
August 23, 2005 8:41:44 AM

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 23:43:23 -0400
"Darrell" <spam@this.eh> wrote:

> Canon today announced they are discontinuing the 5D.
> They will announce the 5D mk.II on September 2

Is the mk2 worth the wait?
Or should I take advantage of lower 5D price now...
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 12:29:08 PM

<<One of the songs I'm remembering is "The Cat Came Back", which I have
actually heard from a record, some time in the early 60s. I'll bet that is a
productive set of search terms.>>

If this is the same "The Cat Came Back" that *I'm* remembering then I know
that Rolf Harris released a long-playing vinyl record with said song
included on it here in the UK. This would be around early seventies,
'72-ish.

--
Paul ============}
o o

// Live fast, die old //
PaulsPages and galleries are at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pcbradley/
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 12:45:38 PM

Skip M <shadowcatcher@cox.net> wrote:

> "kinga202NOSPAM@hotmail.com" <auscars@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Canon management reading this...
> >
> > Here, let me put it in plain clear English :
> >
> > ***** 3 INCH SCREEN ******
> >
> > Thanks for your attention
> >
> What, 2.5" isn't enough for you? And where do you propose our buddies at
> Canon put the controls on the back to make room for this 3" screen?

Make it a touch-screen? Uh.... scratch that thought, if you use the
optical viewfinder and have even an average-sized nose.

Louise Bremner (log at gol dot com)
If you want a reply by e-mail, don't write to my Yahoo address!
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:47:37 AM

"ASAAR" <caught@22.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 17:05:34 -0700, Frank ess wrote:
>
>> Old Mickey Brinnigan had a bull pup
>> And a-fighting he'd never give up
>> Did ever you see such a wonderful dog
>> As Old Mickey Brinnigan's pup?
>
> Ooh. That reminds me of a shorter one some relatives (very young)
> used to sing, about Michael Finnegan, who grew some whiskers on his
> chinnegan. Anything like that in your collection?

Enough of the Bog Irish songs, already!

'When Irish eyes are smiling,
It's because they've found a bin
And they'll creep back there at midnight
To plant explosives in"

I'm sickened by the current enthusiasm for celebrating the 'culture' of a
nation of thieves tinkers, and terrorist murderers - what we need are a few
contemporary songs about the Irish - 'Paddy at the end of a rope', for
example.
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:47:38 AM

"Polly Pentax" <pentax@polly.com> wrote in message

> "ASAAR" <caught@22.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 17:05:34 -0700, Frank ess wrote:
>>
>>> Old Mickey Brinnigan had a bull pup
>>> And a-fighting he'd never give up
>>> Did ever you see such a wonderful dog
>>> As Old Mickey Brinnigan's pup?
>>
>> Ooh. That reminds me of a shorter one some relatives (very young)
>> used to sing, about Michael Finnegan, who grew some whiskers on his
>> chinnegan. Anything like that in your collection?
>

> Enough of the Bog Irish songs, already!
>
> 'When Irish eyes are smiling,
> It's because they've found a bin
> And they'll creep back there at midnight
> To plant explosives in"
>
> I'm sickened by the current enthusiasm for celebrating the 'culture' of a
> nation of thieves tinkers, and terrorist murderers - what we need are a
> few contemporary songs about the Irish - 'Paddy at the end of a rope', for
> example.

Go away.
Oh, wait...
PLONK
Ah.
The is shining again!
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:47:38 AM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:47:37 +0100, Polly Pentax, green with envy,
wielded her poison pen to scribble:

> I'm sickened by the current enthusiasm for celebrating the
> 'culture' of a nation of thieves tinkers, and terrorist murderers
> - what we need are a few contemporary songs about the Irish
> - 'Paddy at the end of a rope', for example.

And I'm sickened by you and the miserable culture from which you
came, most likely a non-sanitary petri dish.
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:59:02 AM

> "Polly Pentax" <pentax@polly.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "ASAAR" <caught@22.com> wrote in message

>>> Ooh. That reminds me of a shorter one some relatives (very young)
>>> used to sing, about Michael Finnegan, who grew some whiskers on his
>>> chinnegan. Anything like that in your collection?
>>

>> Enough of the Bog Irish songs, already!
>>
>> 'When Irish eyes are smiling,
>> It's because they've found a bin
>> And they'll creep back there at midnight
>> To plant explosives in"
>>
>> I'm sickened by the current enthusiasm for celebrating the 'culture' of a
>> nation of thieves tinkers, and terrorist murderers - what we need are a
>> few contemporary songs about the Irish - 'Paddy at the end of a rope',
>> for example.
>
> Go away.
> Oh, wait...
> PLONK
> Ah.
> The is shining again!<<

Ah......you mean that your Giro has arrived, Paddy? - it's potatoes all
round tonight, eh?....
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:59:03 AM

"Polly Pentax" <pentx@polly.com> wrote in message

>> "Polly Pentax" <pentax@polly.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "ASAAR" <caught@22.com> wrote in message

>>> Enough of the Bog Irish songs, already!
>>>
>>> 'When Irish eyes are smiling,
>>> It's because they've found a bin
>>> And they'll creep back there at midnight
>>> To plant explosives in"
>>>
>>> I'm sickened by the current enthusiasm for celebrating the 'culture' of
>>> a nation of thieves tinkers, and terrorist murderers - what we need are
>>> a few contemporary songs about the Irish - 'Paddy at the end of a rope',
>>> for example.
>>
>> Go away.
>> Oh, wait...
>> PLONK
>> Ah.
>> The is shining again!<<
>

> Ah......you mean that your Giro has arrived, Paddy? - it's potatoes all
> round tonight, eh?....

Oops!
Didn't Plonk teh right guy...
Now who DID I plonk?
Doh!
Plonked myself.
:)
But since you're here... What's a Paddy or a Giro?
I'll let someone else answer since it's back to the Klink file with ya...
Bye bye.
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:59:04 AM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:27:43 -0700, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
number here)@cox..net> wrote:

> Now who DID I plonk?
> Doh!
> Plonked myself.

Karma! :)

> But since you're here... What's a Paddy or a Giro?
> I'll let someone else answer since it's back to the Klink file with ya...
> Bye bye.

Paddy is an Irish gent's name. Giro is probably misspelled.
Gyros are (I believe) Greek fast food. Huge slab of meat rotating
on a vertical spit. Slices hacked off and stuffed into a pita or
something like that. Never had one myself.
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:59:05 AM

> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:27:43 -0700, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
> number here)@cox..net> wrote:
>
>> Now who DID I plonk?
>> Doh!
>> Plonked myself.
>
> Karma! :)

Ya, I knew some of you would enjoy that little blunder...
....but give me a little credit for at least *admiting it* and letting y'all
laugh at me...
:)

>> But since you're here... What's a Paddy or a Giro?
>> I'll let someone else answer since it's back to the Klink file with ya...
>> Bye bye.
>
> Paddy is an Irish gent's name. Giro is probably misspelled.
> Gyros are (I believe) Greek fast food. Huge slab of meat rotating
> on a vertical spit. Slices hacked off and stuffed into a pita or
> something like that. Never had one myself.

Ah.
Thanks.

He must have thought I was Irish?
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:59:06 AM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:30:55 -0700, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
number here)@cox..net> wrote:

>> Karma! :)

> Ya, I knew some of you would enjoy that little blunder...
> ...but give me a little credit for at least *admiting it* and letting y'all
> laugh at me...
> :)

Just a gentle laugh. I haven't done that yet. What I have done,
more than once, is to forget to change the default filter attribute
from "thread title" to "author".

> He must have thought I was Irish?

Whatever he (Polly) does, "thought" is not the right word. With
Polly's reminder I'll have to try a gyro soon, but I'd be surprised
if it included any potatoes. Maybe mashed chick peas or some other
middle eastern ingredients.
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:59:07 AM

> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:30:55 -0700, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
> number here)@cox..net> wrote:
>
>>> Karma! :)
>
>> Ya, I knew some of you would enjoy that little blunder...
>> ...but give me a little credit for at least *admiting it* and letting
>> y'all
>> laugh at me...
>> :)
>
> Just a gentle laugh. I haven't done that yet. What I have done,
> more than once, is to forget to change the default filter attribute
> from "thread title" to "author".
>

>> He must have thought I was Irish?
>
> Whatever he (Polly) does, "thought" is not the right word. With
> Polly's reminder I'll have to try a gyro soon, but I'd be surprised
> if it included any potatoes. Maybe mashed chick peas or some other
> middle eastern ingredients.

Isn't a gyro Greek????
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:59:08 AM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:56:03 -0700, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
number here)@cox..net> wrote:

>> Whatever he (Polly) does, "thought" is not the right word. With
>> Polly's reminder I'll have to try a gyro soon, but I'd be surprised
>> if it included any potatoes. Maybe mashed chick peas or some other
>> middle eastern ingredients.
>
> Isn't a gyro Greek????

As far as I'm aware. I don't understand why it was even
mentioned, other than the fact that Polly was already ranting about
his/her superiors (the Irish) and thought that anything consumed by
immigrants (gyros) must be sufficiently low in quality so that the
Irish would also eat them. After adding some potatoes to them.
Love them gratuitous stereotypes. Polly deserves to be confined to
a Skinner Box and be fed nothing but lutefisk.
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:59:09 AM

> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:56:03 -0700, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
> number here)@cox..net> wrote:
>
>>> Whatever he (Polly) does, "thought" is not the right word. With
>>> Polly's reminder I'll have to try a gyro soon, but I'd be surprised
>>> if it included any potatoes. Maybe mashed chick peas or some other
>>> middle eastern ingredients.
>>
>> Isn't a gyro Greek????
>
> Polly deserves to be confined to
> a Skinner Box and be fed nothing but lutefisk.

I wouldn't go that far...

....I'd leave it with simply:
"Polly deserves to be confined to a Skinner Box and be fed nothing.
Period.
:)
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 1:33:07 AM

In article <nq4ng1hgemgmgjllpbnnnn9c2t3d5pm56q@4ax.com>, caught@22.com
says...
> Slices hacked off and stuffed into a pita or
> something like that. Never had one myself.

You're missing out on some tasty food, my friend.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird
August 24, 2005 2:21:24 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,soc.culture.irish (More info?)

>Your starter for 10 points...Which English princess (in a rare moment of
>lucidity), speaking in Chicago during the early 1970's. described the Irish
>as 'Pigs'?....

None, unless you consider 1979 to be the early 70s.
August 24, 2005 2:39:09 AM

"Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:

> Oops!
> Didn't Plonk teh right guy...
> Now who DID I plonk?
> Doh!
> Plonked myself.
> :)

Ya plonked the Smart Mark... :)

Jeff
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 2:39:10 AM

"Confused" <somebody@someplace.somenet> wrote in message
news:o 09ng1h27mv625lno5uphqft4l6aau6gvm@4ax.com...
> "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
>
>> Oops!
>> Didn't Plonk teh right guy...
>> Now who DID I plonk?
>> Doh!
>> Plonked myself.
>> :)
>
> Ya plonked the Smart Mark... :)

Ya, but that leaves the Genius Mark!
Woo hoo!
I'm free of that merely smart me.
:)
August 24, 2005 2:45:19 AM

"Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:

> Oops!
> Didn't Plonk teh right guy...
> Now who DID I plonk?
> Doh!
> Plonked myself.
> :)

Now you're really in a pickle. Polly changed her
cracker... uh, address... so you prolly previously
plonked Polly and need to plonk Polly again...

Jeff (finally...for once...not the one who's confused;^)
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 2:49:47 AM

"ASAAR" <caught@22.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:27:43 -0700, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
> number here)@cox..net> wrote:
>
>> Now who DID I plonk?
>> Doh!
>> Plonked myself.
>
> Karma! :)
>

>> But since you're here... What's a Paddy or a Giro?
>> I'll let someone else answer since it's back to the Klink file with ya...
>> Bye bye.
>
> Paddy is an Irish gent's name. Giro is probably misspelled.
> Gyros are (I believe) Greek fast food. Huge slab of meat rotating
> on a vertical spit. Slices hacked off and stuffed into a pita or
> something like that. Never had one myself.

(sigh) A 'giro' is the universal abbreviation of a 'girocheque' - weekly
payments sent out by the dole office to a vast army of claimants ( many of
them immigrants)

Are you sure you're not Irish? - you seem thick enough to qualify
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 2:49:48 AM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 22:49:47 +0100, Polly "Paisley" Pentax wrote:

> (sigh) A 'giro' is the universal abbreviation of a 'girocheque' - weekly
> payments sent out by the dole office to a vast army of claimants ( many of
> them immigrants)

Ah, that's more like what I'd expect from you.

> Are you sure you're not Irish? - you seem thick enough to qualify

Nope, no green genes at all. Somewhat less than 25% of the
genetic material may have arrived via Scotland. Is that close
enough? If not, I'd happily settle for an "honorary Irish" boon,
loon.
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 3:18:54 AM

On 23-Aug-05 00:17, Mark² wrote:
> "ThomasH" <henrymot@coco.net> wrote in message
>
>>On 22-Aug-05 16:07, Mark² wrote:
>>
>>>Good grief.
>>
>>Are you ok, you are shaking! Butthanks to the reliable
>>Canon shake stabilization you will be all right! :-)
>

> Nah... Just a fast typist...
>
> What's a butt hanks, BTW?
> :)

Jusr yanking your chain!
Thomas
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 3:48:48 AM

> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 22:49:47 +0100, Polly "Paisley" Pentax wrote:
>
>> (sigh) A 'giro' is the universal abbreviation of a 'girocheque' - weekly
>> payments sent out by the dole office to a vast army of claimants ( many
>> of
>> them immigrants)
>
> Ah, that's more like what I'd expect from you.
>

>> Are you sure you're not Irish? - you seem thick enough to qualify
>
> Nope, no green genes at all. Somewhat less than 25% of the
> genetic material may have arrived via Scotland. Is that close
> enough? If not, I'd happily settle for an "honorary Irish" boon,
> loon.

Your starter for 10 points...Which English princess (in a rare moment of
lucidity), speaking in Chicago during the early 1970's. described the Irish
as 'Pigs'?....

I'm not at all keen on the Irish - the Scots are there, of course, to serve
the English and donate their oil & gas reserves to benefit the UK, the
Welsh are......well, the Welsh are there for our amusement, I suppose, but
the Irish seem to have no useful purpose at all - unless one is looking for
a thief or a dishonest tinker, for some inexplicable reason!

I know what you're going to say - 'who will dig your ditches?', and that was
once a valid enough argument for not starving them all to death in the 19th
century, but as we now we have more enough Africans to flex their sinews for
us, the Irishman is scarcely of any further use.

Best to deport then all, and let them drink themselves to death on their
lavish European Union hand-outs.
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 3:48:49 AM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 23:48:48 +0100, Polly Pentax wrote:

> I'm not at all keen on the Irish - the Scots are there, of course, to serve
> the English and donate their oil & gas reserves to benefit the UK, the
> Welsh are......well, the Welsh are there for our amusement, I suppose, but
> the Irish seem to have no useful purpose at all - unless one is looking for
> a thief or a dishonest tinker, for some inexplicable reason!

One can only conclude that you're a troll. But not an ordinary
troll that really believes what you're saying. You're probably
trying to do everything in your power to besmirch the loathsome
reputations of Britain's worst racists. If so, more power to ya,
and you're succeeding. Cheers, Paddy! Uh, I mean Polly. Wink wink.
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 5:55:41 AM

Brian Baird wrote:

> In article <nq4ng1hgemgmgjllpbnnnn9c2t3d5pm56q@4ax.com>, caught@22.com
> says...
> > Slices hacked off and stuffed into a pita or
> > something like that. Never had one myself.
>
> You're missing out on some tasty food, my friend.

As a Greek, I have to concur wholeheartedly ;)
Greek 'gyros' has nearly eclipsed McDonalds and similar food here.

Obligatory R.P.D. comment: The 5D looks nearly my dream camera, except
the price
(The 3 FPS and lower-spec-than-1 series is just a way for marketing
types to segment the market).
Probably, the best effect will be to bring really low the prices of used
1Ds :-))

N.F.
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:51:27 PM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 23:18:54 -0700, ThomasH <henrymot@coco.net> wrote:

>On 23-Aug-05 00:17, Mark² wrote:
>> "ThomasH" <henrymot@coco.net> wrote in message

>>>Are you ok, you are shaking! Butthanks to the reliable
>>>Canon shake stabilization you will be all right! :-)
>>

>> Nah... Just a fast typist...
>>
>> What's a butt hanks, BTW?
>> :)
>>

>Jusr yanking your chain!
>Thomas

Oldie:

A preacher intones, "Lord, before You, we are but dust."

Little girl in first row, loudly" "Mommy, what is butt dust."
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:51:28 PM

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:51:27 GMT, kashe@sonic.net wrote:

> Oldie:
>
> A preacher intones, "Lord, before You, we are but dust."
>
> Little girl in first row, loudly" "Mommy, what is butt dust."

Mother to little girl: Pipe down Suzy or you'll bite the dust.
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 2:57:13 PM

"JStewart" <jstewart20042001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> >Your starter for 10 points...Which English princess (in a rare moment of
>>lucidity), speaking in Chicago during the early 1970's. described the
>>Irish
>>as 'Pigs'?....
>
> None, unless you consider 1979 to be the early 70s.

My mistake - I was thinking that Mountbatten was murdered 1973, for some
reason

Still, Margaret was quite correct in her assessment of the Irish - bless
her.
!