Closed Solved

Need New power supply!!!

Looking at the Seasonic M1211 620W (it will replace a coolermaster silent pro600) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=17-151-095&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=3#scrollFullInfo

Will this new power supply work with my System:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD

Video card: XFX HD-585X-ZAFC Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support

CASE: COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN3-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 ST1000DM005/HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor

Many Thanks to Toms Forum, they helped me put the above computer together. I currently have the PSU on the very bottom! And would prefer to keep it there! If you recommend a different type of PSU, thats cool too, have just read good reviews on their PSU and 1 reason I selected it--as I know it can get shipped to a DPO mailing address. Many Thanks :bounce:
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need power supply
  1. Best answer
    The SeaSonic S12II 620W should work fine for your system. IMO SeaSonic is among the top PSU manufacturers. If I were to become a fanatic about brands, SeaSonic would probably be one of those. I could not find a review of the 620W unit but the 520W unit is reviewed here http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Seasonic-S12II-Bronze-520-W-Power-Supply-Review/954/10
    Hope it helps
  2. +1 on Seasonic. Many brands just stick their badge on Seasonic units. These include XFX, PC Power and Cooling (for their Silencer and Silencer Mk III lines) and Silverpower's SP-SS, SP-Sxxx and SP-SxxxM lines. Some Antec and Corsair models are also Seasonic, though most are not.
  3. Many Thanks!! I have read reviews on it at newegg and amazon...and the only time people were not happy--when they were dead on arrival--which happens! I just wanted to ensure it was compatible. Many Thanks
  4. Best answer selected by flames9.
  5. Have fun with it :-)
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cooler Master Components