Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Is there any way to ensure.....

Last response: in CPUs
December 11, 2012 12:15:10 PM

that newegg will ship my motherboard with the right bios update to support vishera? Or is it pretty much hit or miss.....

More about : ensure

Best solution

a c 478 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
December 11, 2012 12:38:49 PM

If you are talking about a mobo that was manufacture prior to the release of vishera, then it's hit or miss. It could have been sitting in the warehouse for a while, or it could be a new shipment with the updated BIOS.
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
December 11, 2012 12:44:00 PM

If the motherboard was manufactured before vishera then most likely will have an old bios. But sometimes they're updated like my motherboard was. Just hope for the best !
Score
Related resources
December 11, 2012 12:56:48 PM

jaguarskx said:
If you are talking about a mobo that was manufacture prior to the release of vishera, then it's hit or miss. It could have been sitting in the warehouse for a while, or it could be a new shipment with the updated BIOS.

All right thanks....Kind of a disappointment, but oh well. I was gonna get a 6300, but I guess I'll settle for the 6200. I have to order the parts and have my computer built by this time next week, so I can't afford to send back a motherboard if it doesn't support vishera.
Score
December 11, 2012 12:57:02 PM

Best answer selected by CrypticBox.
Score
!