[Solved] HD 5870 Second Monitor Disabled

G

I just got 2 Shimian QHD270 2560x1440 monitors, both only have dual link DVI, but I only have 1 DVI port so I'm trying to run the second through the DVI-HDMI adapter that came with the graphics card (ASUS ROG MATRIX 5870), but I'm just getting a black screen on the second. I can detect the display in the VISION Engine Control Center, but when I hover over it for details it's marked "Disabled" for some reason.

How do I enable the second monitor? Is this set up even possible? Do I need to buy a DVI-DisplayPort adapter instead?

(Already tried rebooting, swapping the monitors [and the other one works, just neither will work over HDMI], drivers are up to date, everything's plugged in, all that obvious stuff)

G

I did some more digging, and apparently I need an active DVI-DisplayPort adapter, so I order one, and hopefully it will work (I made sure I got one that supported the monitor's resolution, most of them only do 1920x1200, costs about x3-4 though :??: ).

DM186

Splendid
Are you trying to get both the monitors to work as one or are you wanting them to work each separate? If it is both to work as one you need eyefinity on your card.

And the other way you shoulb be able to inable it in the CCC or device manager. But I don't know for sure because I have never used AMD cards or the CCC. Anyway here is a link on eyefinity and good luck to you.

http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-eyefinity-technology/Pages/eyefinity.aspx

G

No, I was just trying to get it to work period (it wasn't receiving a signal even though the graphics card saw it). But the adapter came in, and all is fine now! The HDMI adapter just didn't support the monitor's resolution (as I suspected).