Sign in with
Your question

AMD Radeon HD 6850

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 7, 2012 4:01:22 AM

Which brand is the best for the AMD Radeon HD 6850?

More about : amd radeon 6850

a b U Graphics card
June 7, 2012 4:33:57 AM

sapphire is better and has more standard.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 7, 2012 4:40:13 AM

If price per value, I also agree with Sapphire. They give a lot of accessories in the bundle & even go out of the way to design new cards like Flex to help easy Eyefinity. But there is no definite best brand for any card. It always depend on the particular model, features & pricing at the point of purchase.
m
l
Related resources
June 7, 2012 4:41:25 AM

randomkid said:
If price per value, I also agree with Sapphire. They give a lot of accessories in the bundle & even go out of the way to design new cards like Flex to help easy Eyefinity. But there is no definite best brand for any card. It always depend on the particular model, features & pricing at the point of purchase.

The price is not important.
I just need the most reliable 6850 card by a legit brand that won't heat up.
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
June 7, 2012 4:47:13 AM

Sapphire, HIS, XFX, etc. etc.

These are all good brands for AMD cards. Asus, Gigabyte, and MSI also tend to be good, although not always as good as those first three. Power cooler, Diamond, and Zalman are also usually fine, although they sometimes have loud cards. All of the brands are "legit" and no card should overheat unless it was an unlucky DOA or nearly DOA and in that case, an RMA should solve the problem.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 7, 2012 4:47:28 AM

then sapphire is fine.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 7, 2012 5:47:57 AM

MyLastWish said:
The price is not important.
I just need the most reliable 6850 card by a legit brand that won't heat up.

Ah... we though you are asking a hypothetical question which "brand" is the best.

If you are looking for a particular 6850 model that wont heat-up, then consider this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten...

But if price is not issue... better go up the GPU ladder with the 6870 at the least...

m
l
June 7, 2012 11:05:37 PM

The thing is I don't really need the 6870 since the ONLY game I'm going to be playing is Diablo 3.
I basically need an excellent rated 6850 gpu.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2012 12:42:44 AM

MyLastWish said:
The thing is I don't really need the 6870 since the ONLY game I'm going to be playing is Diablo 3.
I basically need an excellent rated 6850 gpu.

Not to intrude in your choice of game, but you will be missing a lot if you do not play Skyrim (hundreds of hours of gameplay available).

Anyway, consider the gigabyte I linked before. Gigabyte is refutable brand & the 2 fan model will keep your GPU cool for better performance & quite for better immersion.
m
l
June 8, 2012 1:23:45 AM

randomkid said:
Not to intrude in your choice of game, but you will be missing a lot if you do not play Skyrim (hundreds of hours of gameplay available).

Anyway, consider the gigabyte I linked before. Gigabyte is refutable brand & the 2 fan model will keep your GPU cool for better performance & quite for better immersion.

I'm actually playing Skyrim on the xbox right now.

And, okay, thanks! I'll check it out.

Someone also recommended me the ASUS one?

Would that be the better choice?

It looks like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2012 4:10:51 AM

Asus is great also but it having just a single fan turns me off a bit. However, if you are willing to go thru the trouble of MIR, the $129.99 after rebate price is tempting. Otherwise, I still go for the dual fan gigabyte for just $10 more...

m
l
!