Upgrade from Nokia 3360

Last response: in Brands
Share
August 5, 2004 10:51:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

I need to get a new phone. What would be a meaningful upgrade from
Nokia 3360 I had?

More about : upgrade nokia 3360

Anonymous
August 5, 2004 11:27:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

In article <050820040155395515%newbie@no.spam>, Newbie <newbie@no.spam>
wrote:

> I need to get a new phone. What would be a meaningful upgrade from
> Nokia 3360 I had?

I went from the 3360 to the LG4011. I have no need for fancy features;
I need a voice phone that works.

I'm very happy with it. It's significantly smaller and lighter in
weight, and I love the belt holster that holds it horizontally. Simply
putting it in my pocket works well, too.

It does the other thing I want: allows me to program a phone number with
a "wait" in the middle, so that I can program a dialin number which
waits for a connection and then automatically dials a password, for
example. I use audio conferencing quite a bit, with a few different
numbers, and this is a great thing. In fact, I prefer how LG does it
over how Nokia does it.

The only thing I miss is my car kit. I had a portable car kit from
Radio Shack; it was wonderful. No such beast exists for the LG4011, not
that I've been able to find.
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 11:30:14 AM

Newbie <newbie@no.spam> wrote in message news:<050820040155395515%newbie@no.spam>...
> I need to get a new phone. What would be a meaningful upgrade from
> Nokia 3360 I had?

We can recommend Nokia 3560 (a bit cheaper) or Nokia 6560. Anyhow, we
support all of these three models (3360, 3560 and 6560) in Oxygen
Phone Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ). Our software can help you
to transfer data from your old handset to the new one by cable or
infrared connection.

If you will have any questions, concerning our software functionality,
feel free to ask them on our public forum: http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/
August 5, 2004 5:02:01 PM

wrote:

> I need to get a new phone. What would be a meaningful upgrade from
> Nokia 3360 I had?

Depends if you want to stay with TDMA or migrate to GSM. I have about 50
cellular users on AT&T Wireless/soon-to-be Cingular, and had to replace
a number of dead/dying/defective handsets. Due to limited GSM coverage,
most users stayed with TDMA and migrated to the Nokia 3560. I've had a
few defective keypads (the Achilles heel of that phone), but otherwise
they've been fine. The ones that migrated to GSM, I moved to the 6200.
They all seem pretty happy...

I've also had a handful of Motorola phones, and some Sony-Ericsson and a
couple of NEC 525 phones. All of those users had major problems with
batteries/charging (Motorola), phones dying (NEC), and poor reception
(all three). This is why I tend to stick with Nokia and stay away from
the others, but YMMV.
August 5, 2004 6:44:42 PM

Elmo P. Shagnasty <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

> > I need to get a new phone. What would be a meaningful upgrade from
> > Nokia 3360 I had?
>
> I went from the 3360 to the LG4011. I have no need for fancy features;
> I need a voice phone that works...

Thanks. I'll put that on my list to look at.

> I'm very happy with it. It's significantly smaller and lighter in
> weight, and I love the belt holster that holds it horizontally. Simply
> putting it in my pocket works well, too.
>
> It does the other thing I want: allows me to program a phone number with
> a "wait" in the middle, so that I can program a dialin number which
> waits for a connection and then automatically dials a password, for
> example. I use audio conferencing quite a bit, with a few different
> numbers, and this is a great thing. In fact, I prefer how LG does it
> over how Nokia does it.
>
> The only thing I miss is my car kit. I had a portable car kit from
> Radio Shack; it was wonderful. No such beast exists for the LG4011, not
> that I've been able to find.

August 5, 2004 6:47:24 PM

Zaphod Beeblebrox <idontlikespam@nospamplease.com> wrote:

> > I need to get a new phone. What would be a meaningful upgrade from
> > Nokia 3360 I had?
>
> Depends if you want to stay with TDMA or migrate to GSM.

TDMA.

> I have about 50 cellular users on AT&T Wireless/soon-to-be Cingular, and
> had to replace a number of dead/dying/defective handsets. Due to limited
> GSM coverage, most users stayed with TDMA and migrated to the Nokia 3560.

Thanks. Any expereince with 6560? Is it better and worth the extra $?

> I've had a few defective keypads (the Achilles heel of that phone), but
> otherwise they've been fine. The ones that migrated to GSM, I moved to
> the 6200. They all seem pretty happy...
>
> I've also had a handful of Motorola phones, and some Sony-Ericsson and a
> couple of NEC 525 phones. All of those users had major problems with
> batteries/charging (Motorola), phones dying (NEC), and poor reception
> (all three). This is why I tend to stick with Nokia and stay away from
> the others, but YMMV.
August 5, 2004 6:56:20 PM

Oxygen Software <support@opm-2.com> wrote:

> > I need to get a new phone. What would be a meaningful upgrade from
> > Nokia 3360 I had?
>
> We can recommend Nokia 3560 (a bit cheaper) or Nokia 6560.

Is 6560 worth the extra $ in your experience?

> Anyhow, we
> support all of these three models (3360, 3560 and 6560) in Oxygen
> Phone Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ). Our software can help you
> to transfer data from your old handset to the new one by cable or
> infrared connection.

Thanks. Will look into it.
Anonymous
August 8, 2004 7:37:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Newbie wrote
> I'll put that on my list to look at.

I've been pleased with the Nokia 8260s that the better half and I use.
They are available on eBay, usually bidding ends around $20 to $30
plus about $7 shipping from a reputable seller. Very similar in
features to the Nokia 3360, but smaller, lighter, more memory, more
options.

Lena
!