Will Core I5 3330 run Gtx 470 dual Sli?

Hi, I am building a PC for gaming, I already have:

Corsair R300 case
Asus P8Z77-V LK mobo
Sandisk 128g SSD
2x Gtx 470s
Delta 750W psu

I only need CPU and Ram for which I have a budget of £150 ($240) any advice you guys can give will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance :)
11 answers Last reply
More about will core 3330 dual
  1. The i5-3330 will not bottleneck the 470 sli setup, the real question is can your psu delta(unknown psu brand) 750w power up two 470 gtx without failing/throttling/blowing up.
    That psu is the trouble, i advice you to switch for a quality psu like from reputable brands(xfx, seasonic, corsair,etc), e.g corsair tx750w, xfx 650w will do for your system.
  2. djangoringo said:
    The i5-3330 will not bottleneck the 470 sli setup, the real question is can your psu delta(unknown psu brand) 750w power up two 470 gtx without failing/throttling/blowing up.
    That psu is the trouble, i advice you to switch for a quality psu like from reputable brands(xfx, seasonic, corsair,etc), e.g corsair tx750w, xfx 650w will do for your system.


    I have run them both with this psu on my current setup (results below) amd they are both running between 75-95% but with some `stuttering` which I thought was due to CPU/Mobo limitations (Core2duo e8400 and Penryn1600SLI-110dB)

    Heaven Benchmark v3.0 Basic
    FPS:
    67.7
    Scores:
    1706
    Min FPS:
    23.1
    Max FPS:
    148.3
    Hardware
    Binary:
    Windows 32bit Visual C++ 1600 Release Mar 7 2012
    Operating system:
    Windows 7 (build 7601, Service Pack 1) 64bit
    CPU model:
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz
    CPU flags:
    3000MHz MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE41 HTT
    GPU model:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 9.18.13.1070 1280Mb
    Settings
    Render:
    direct3d11
    Mode:
    1920x1080 fullscreen
    Shaders:
    high
    Textures:
    high
    Filter:
    trilinear
    Anisotropy:
    4x
    Occlusion:
    enabled
    Refraction:
    enabled
    Volumetric:
    enabled
    Tessellation: disabled
    Unigine Corp. © 2005-2012
  3. chromex said:


    I dont trust Uniprice, I read some customer reviews and they were nearly all BAD, but thanks for your help :)
  4. wallywooyeah said:
    I have run them both with this psu on my current setup (results below) amd they are both running between 75-95% but with some `stuttering` which I thought was due to CPU/Mobo limitations (Core2duo e8400 and Penryn1600SLI-110dB)

    Heaven Benchmark v3.0 Basic
    FPS:
    67.7
    Scores:
    1706
    Min FPS:
    23.1
    Max FPS:
    148.3
    Hardware
    Binary:
    Windows 32bit Visual C++ 1600 Release Mar 7 2012
    Operating system:
    Windows 7 (build 7601, Service Pack 1) 64bit
    CPU model:
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz
    CPU flags:
    3000MHz MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE41 HTT
    GPU model:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 9.18.13.1070 1280Mb
    Settings
    Render:
    direct3d11
    Mode:
    1920x1080 fullscreen
    Shaders:
    high
    Textures:
    high
    Filter:
    trilinear
    Anisotropy:
    4x
    Occlusion:
    enabled
    Refraction:
    enabled
    Volumetric:
    enabled
    Tessellation: disabled
    Unigine Corp. © 2005-2012


    I mean, thats nice for you the PSU hasn't failed yet. But it will at some point. Seriously, those PSU's are pieces of sh*t. Running 2 power hungry cards off one is just asking for trouble. The kind that causes permanent damage.

    For you're budget, I'd recommend getting a nice 800W unit from Corsair or XFX, then saving a little bit of money up for an unlocked i5 and 8GB of DDR3. Should run right around $250ish
  5. stant1rm said:
    I mean, thats nice for you the PSU hasn't failed yet. But it will at some point. Seriously, those PSU's are pieces of sh*t. Running 2 power hungry cards off one is just asking for trouble. The kind that causes permanent damage.

    For you're budget, I'd recommend getting a nice 800W unit from Corsair or XFX, then saving a little bit of money up for an unlocked i5 and 8GB of DDR3. Should run right around $250ish


    I see, I didn`t know I could damage my hardware with a sub standard psu, So I am now also looking for a psu aswell :)
  6. wallywooyeah said:
    I see, I didn`t know I could damage my hardware with a sub standard psu, So I am now also looking for a psu aswell :)


    No worries, just didn't want you to have a crisis on your hands in the near future :)

    I actually prefer this PSU http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006 , mostly because since OCZ acquired PC Power and Cooling their unit have experience high failure rates. It is $20 more, but well worth the price.

    EDIT: I see djangoringo has posted some different PSU's. They are all very solid, but IMO XFX>Corsair>EVGA
  7. stant1rm said:
    No worries, just didn't want you to have a crisis on your hands in the near future :)

    I actually prefer this PSU http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006 , mostly because since OCZ acquired PC Power and Cooling their unit have experience high failure rates. It is $20 more, but well worth the price.


    Thanks, when I have finished I am hoping to have a Crysis 3 on my hands :D
  8. Good for you
  9. After a little research and speaking with a `qualified` electronics engineer who assured me that my psu was OK and the fact that I have been running 2x Gtx 9800s for over 12 months I decided to keep my Delta psu and spend the money I saved on a better CPU (Intel I5 3750K) and I am happy to report that everything is running great, Farcry 3 and Crysis 2 on ultra settings run like butter on my 50" Samsung PS50C550........which is nice! :)
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Gtx Product