Any one using a 32 inch tv as a monitor?

Im thinking of buying a Panasonic 32 inch 1080p tv to use as a monitor .

Its a great IPS panel with good viewing angles. Ive checked one out in a store and there is no ghosting playing dvd's , but it would be good to hear how a set up like this worked for other people .
Thanks

Wolfshadw

Titan
Using an Olevia 232T 32" 720p HDTV as the primary monitor for my HTPC. No web surfing or games, just media play back. Some glitches, but I'd attribute those to the brand/resolution. Once I have it configured, properly, it just works.

-Wolf sends

Ive been in front of the screen at about the distance you'd expect a monitor to be . and it seems OK , but you can just make out the pixelation of a 1080p screen .
720p screens would be horrible for general use . Text would be pixel blocks

Im hoping it hits the balance between being able to use it for office work and gaming . Im sure it will be fine for gaming and it wont have the performance penalty of a 30 inch monitor with a much higher resolution . And it wont cost as much !

NoUserBar

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
If you are going for it; I would suggest sitting farther away from it, but with wireless accessories. And what not. Might as well go all the way and sit on a couch. ftw

although if you have money why not go for a plasma screen xD epic no motion lag gameing?

marty000

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012

I use 2 32 inch tv's as monitors with a Mac Pro, they work great. I have a large desk so i am about 2 to 3 feet away.
Both Panasonic Full HD.

Kiiro Neko

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012
No issues but watch out for input lag, some TV's have them really bad like my Vizio for instance. Even with game mode enabled it's terrible, I can't even play on it with my consoles or PC.