Mother board slots too close

jevano

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
I have a G31-M7 TE 6.7 mother board it has a single PCIe slot but there is a problem my PCIe and PCI slots are too close i think and i want to buy a radeon HD 7850 WHICH REQUIRES TWO SLOT SPACE.......so if anyone knws abt this mother board can i still be this card as i want to knw before i make a purchase

randomkid

Distinguished
The only problem is if you are going to use 2 PCI components. But if you will use only 1 PCI component or non at all, then you have no problem even if the 7850 covers one of the PCI slots.

The other one will be free for any PCI component you want to add in the future.

jevano

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Got this answer from another site so it seems i didnt fully state my concern

ok if u look closely u will see how close the PCIe and the PCI are to each other...and the PCI is taller that the PCIe so will the video card be tall enough to clear the PCI slot and till connect properly

jevano

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
There is a problem with sending it back thats why i want to get it right the first time i live in Jamaica and its not cheap to pay for shipping and handling plus the loads of custom duties

fantastik250

Distinguished
If you look at the cooler on the website, the cooler is more on the top rather than on the bottom where you connect the PCI-E interface. It will fit. I have the same type of cooler for my card. And that is the only card from what I see that can fit. But anyone else can give you suggestions.

randomkid

Distinguished

The PCI may be tall but it is not tall enough to cause obstruction to any cooler. If you look at graphics card, the gold part goes right into PCIe slot. Between the gold part & the coolers, you will see a certain gap that is almost as high as the gold part.
gpuallowance.png

Check if the PCI is higher than the PCIe slot by this much to be sure.

randomkid

Distinguished
0.6cm is definitely clear.

What you can do is magnify this page by pressing "Ctrl"+"+" repeatedly to zoom on the graphics card we posted until it becomes life size (it took me 3 presses on a 1920x1080 monitor). Then measure the clearance between the gold plated contacts up to the bottom of the heat sink & voila... :)