Begginer need help

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 6, 2005 2:15:33 PM

tummorow i will have WoW, but i donno with class and proffesion 2 beginn!
help plz

More about : begginer

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 6, 2005 2:15:34 PM

In truth all classes play differently, and will appeal differently to
different people.

Everybody is going to tell you to play class X because of Y.

In the end you still wont know what class to pick as every class has
good points, and every class has bad points.

So here are a few tips.

1> Play a few classes which most appeal to you up to level 10ish.
Once you have got to grips with the controls etc this does not take too
long.

2> Play the class that seems fun to you! not what other people say you
need to play.

3> Granted some classes are better for soloing over grouping. Some are
better at PVP.
However I would not worry to much about this.

I play a hunter which is one of the best soloing PVE classes to have.
However I cant deny I get my butt kicked when dueling
but this does not mean I don`t have fun trying. :)

When I chose hunter I did not pick it becuase of its good soloing. I
chose it becuase I liked the idea of running round with a big
gun shooting things from a distant.

This is why I still enjoy it.

So pick something that appeals rather than its strengths / failures.

Playing a class just because its going to be better at dueling/PVP or
better at soloing is probably a bad idea.
Unless thats all you are going to do. However This game is huge and
with lots to do.
so you are not going to be doing the same thing every second!

With regards to you proffessions:
I agree completely with the previous poster.

This just leaves server type RP/PVE/PVP

RP: I don`t play on these so can't comment.

PVP: As the previous poster stated you are always a target for the
enemy.
Whatever level you are & whatever you are doing. There is always the
threat of being ambushed.
But it works both ways and you can smack any enemy you see as well.
This makes for a more tense & exciting game, but sometimes more
annoying as well. (You will die more often)

PVE: This is more relaxed as you cant attack / be attacked by the enemy
on sight.
This allows you to quest in peace if you want to.
The game is still tough though with lots of NPC action.
However you can still go into PVP mode. You just have the choice not
to.
There are plenty of places in the game world where a battle is nearly
always guranteed.
So if you do fancy killing the enemy you can for an hour then go back
to questing in peace.

Hope this all helps.
[...]

I'll amend Chizel's comments a bit:

On a PVP server you can get to about level 20 in "home" territory.
Meaning you aren't exposed to player on player action. Not if you
don't want to be.

Up to level 5 or 6 you will start in a "tutorial" area. Very simple,
just running around killing things that don't even realize you're there
until you whack them. At the end of it you are exposed to "red"
enemies, mobs as they're called, that will attack you if you get too
close.

Then you graduate to your first "village". Sin'Jin Village on the
coast for Orcs and Trolls. Goldshire for Humans. Bloodhoof for
Tauren. Brill for Undead. Dolanar for Night Elves. ... Khadgars
Depot for Dwarves and Gnomes? (I've never levelled up a short race.
:)  Here you could stay until about 10 or so.

Then you graduate again to the next "city" up. About 12-14 you'll be
invited on a mission into the next zone. From Durotar, or Mulgore,
you'll enter the Barrens and set up base in the Crossroads. From
Tirisfal you'll enter Silverpine and set up base at the Sepulcher.
>From Teldrassil you'll enter Darkshore and set up in Auberdine. From
Elwynn you'll enter Westfall and set up at the Tower, and from Dun
Morogh you'll enter Loch Modan and set up at Thelsmar. These are
still safe "home" territories, but border on a contested zone each of
them.

As you approach level 20 you'll be given a mission to enter your first
contested area. From the Barrens, as Horde, that would be north into
contested Stonetalon Peak area, and contested Ashenvale. From
Darkshore, as an Elf, you'll be sent into contested Ashenvale as well.
(See where conflict might begin to arise?) This is where you'll begin
to learn the Craft of War. Humans migrate over into the contested
Wetlands, Redridge and then Duskwood areas. Stonetalon and Ashenvale
have both horde and alliance outposts. Neither Wetlands, Redridge, nor
Duskwood have any horde outposts. All 3 are subject to random raids by
higher level Horde. The Undead cross into Hillsbrad.

Horde coming out of Hammerfall into the Wetlands, or Stranglethorn
Vale, into Duskwood and Redridge, tend to be in their 30's, and about
10 levels higher than the Alliance in those zones. Humans coming up to
Hillsbrad are mid 30's and about 10 levels over the horde to be found
there. Southshore and Redridge face constant attacks, much like Camp T
and Crossroads in the Barrens do.

I prefer the PVP to PVE servers because they just feel more ... alive
and realistic. (My RP server has heavily Alliance dominated and you
tend to ignore the enemy outright. They're just wierd looking people
running around the same areas as you.) Occasionally they wave and help
out. Occasionally they make chicken noises. An odd Troll mating call,
no doubt.

So, up to level 20 or so you'll be perfectly safe from other players
starting on either faction.

If you want to keep the same level of safety from there on out, only
the danger of increasing levels to face, stay on a PVE server. If you
want the world to be a bit more colorful (mostly red) pick a PVP
server.

Better still, try on several races, several classes, several servers
for fit. Find one that you enjoy best, and until you find it, enjoy
the exploration and the adventure.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 6, 2005 3:06:08 PM

"Matija" <matija.pavlinic@kr.htnet.hr> wrote:

> tummorow i will have WoW, but i donno with class and proffesion 2 beginn!
> help plz

Depends :-)

If you want to solo a lot, pick anything but a priest (I know priest can
rock solo, but it seems to not be easy).
If you want to group a lot and never worry about finding a group, pick a
rare class (priest, druid) or a warrior (and play it well, good tanks
are rare).
If you want to PvP or feel like you're the ultimate killer, pick a mage
or a rogue.

If you don't want to be bored of your character after investing days of
playtime, forget all of the above and play some different classes up to
level 10 or 20. Levelling to 10 or 20 doesn't really take ages, and
figuring out at level 40 that the class you picked doesn't match your
playing style is much worse.

If I had to pick a class without knowing anything about them, I'd play
a warrior, a priest and a rogue up to level 15, do 2 or 3 instance runs
with them and decide whether tanking, healing or dealing damage is what
I like most. If I can't decide, I'd pick a mixed class like druid or
shaman/paladin.

Professions:
a) Pick professions to craft items for your class (leatherworking for
rogues and druids for example) and the corresponding gathering skill
OR
b) Pick 2 gathering skills (herbalism, skinning, mining) for maximising
your income
OR
c) Look what is needed in your guild

Next choice is the server. I don't think you want to go on an RP server
(just a guess :-), so it's only PvE or PvP. Picking the wrong one for
you is either frustrating (if you're on a PvP server) or boring (if you
picked a PvE server).
PvP Server = Additional threat by other players, a more dangerous and
living world.
PvE Server = The possibility to quest or grind without getting bothered
by the other faction, but (for me) it feels weird to not
be able to attack your enemies or be attacked by them.

Chris

btw: Roll horde, they are outnumbered ;o)

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (55) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]