Use Win98 Screen Savers ?

April 24, 2005 5:57:01 PM

Is there a way I can use my Win98 FE screen savers on my WinXP Home Edition?
For example, is it just a matter of copying the scr files from Win98 to
folder where WinXP keeps its' screen saver files? If I need to copy other
files like dll, please advise which ones, or how to make this happen.

More about : win98 screen savers

Anonymous
April 24, 2005 8:06:50 PM

HMT wrote:
> Is there a way I can use my Win98 FE screen savers on my WinXP Home
> Edition? For example, is it just a matter of copying the scr files
> from Win98 to folder where WinXP keeps its' screen saver files? If I
> need to copy other files like dll, please advise which ones, or how
> to make this happen.

Try it and see. Some may work - most may not.

--
<- Shenan ->
April 28, 2005 8:11:54 AM

I have made an installer for this :
http://www.electricboom.com/download_plus.htm

Kenny

"HMT" <HMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way I can use my Win98 FE screen savers on my WinXP Home
> Edition?
> For example, is it just a matter of copying the scr files from Win98 to
> folder where WinXP keeps its' screen saver files? If I need to copy other
> files like dll, please advise which ones, or how to make this happen.
April 30, 2005 3:22:02 AM

Thanks Kenny. I'll give your Installer a try after I backup my system with
Drive Image and let you know how it worked.

HMT

"Kenny S" wrote:

> I have made an installer for this :
> http://www.electricboom.com/download_plus.htm
>
> Kenny
>

> "HMT" <HMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way I can use my Win98 FE screen savers on my WinXP Home
> > Edition?
> > For example, is it just a matter of copying the scr files from Win98 to
> > folder where WinXP keeps its' screen saver files? If I need to copy other
> > files like dll, please advise which ones, or how to make this happen.

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 4:04:03 AM

Kenny,

One question. I noticed your reply on another discussion thread said to set
the WinXP Desktop Theme to Windows Classic for your Win98 Screensaver
download to work. I assume it will not disable other Display Themes if I want
to switch back and forth?

HMT

"HMT" wrote:

> Thanks Kenny. I'll give your Installer a try after I backup my system with
> Drive Image and let you know how it worked.
>
> HMT
>
> "Kenny S" wrote:
>
> > I have made an installer for this :
> > http://www.electricboom.com/download_plus.htm
> >
> > Kenny
> >

> > "HMT" <HMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Is there a way I can use my Win98 FE screen savers on my WinXP Home
> > > Edition?
> > > For example, is it just a matter of copying the scr files from Win98 to
> > > folder where WinXP keeps its' screen saver files? If I need to copy other
> > > files like dll, please advise which ones, or how to make this happen.

Anonymous
May 5, 2005 11:31:52 PM

No, you dont even have to switch to the classic...
it works automatically and no you dont lose anything.

> Kenny,
>
> One question. I noticed your reply on another discussion thread said to
> set
> the WinXP Desktop Theme to Windows Classic for your Win98 Screensaver
> download to work. I assume it will not disable other Display Themes if I
> want
> to switch back and forth?
>
> HMT
>
> "HMT" wrote:
>
>> Thanks Kenny. I'll give your Installer a try after I backup my system
>> with
>> Drive Image and let you know how it worked.
>>
>> HMT
>>
>> "Kenny S" wrote:
>>
>> > I have made an installer for this :
>> > http://www.electricboom.com/download_plus.htm
>> >
>> > Kenny
>> >

>> > "HMT" <HMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
May 6, 2005 12:28:10 AM

Thanks Kenny

HMT

"Kenny S" wrote:

> No, you dont even have to switch to the classic...
> it works automatically and no you dont lose anything.
>
> Kenny
>

> "HMT" <HMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Kenny,
> >
> > One question. I noticed your reply on another discussion thread said to
> > set
> > the WinXP Desktop Theme to Windows Classic for your Win98 Screensaver
> > download to work. I assume it will not disable other Display Themes if I
> > want
> > to switch back and forth?
> >
> > HMT
> >
> > "HMT" wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks Kenny. I'll give your Installer a try after I backup my system
> >> with
> >> Drive Image and let you know how it worked.
> >>
> >> HMT

Anonymous
June 18, 2005 10:38:01 PM

Do you have another site to download this installer? Because the domain the
installer is located in is expired.
--
I reject to reality and substitute my own.

!