Use Win98 Screen Savers ?

Is there a way I can use my Win98 FE screen savers on my WinXP Home Edition?
For example, is it just a matter of copying the scr files from Win98 to
folder where WinXP keeps its' screen saver files? If I need to copy other
files like dll, please advise which ones, or how to make this happen.
7 answers Last reply
More about win98 screen savers

    HMT wrote:
    > Is there a way I can use my Win98 FE screen savers on my WinXP Home
    > Edition? For example, is it just a matter of copying the scr files
    > from Win98 to folder where WinXP keeps its' screen saver files? If I
    > need to copy other files like dll, please advise which ones, or how
    > to make this happen.

    Try it and see. Some may work - most may not.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    I have made an installer for this :
    http://www.electricboom.com/download_plus.htm

    Kenny

    "HMT" <HMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way I can use my Win98 FE screen savers on my WinXP Home
    > Edition?
    > For example, is it just a matter of copying the scr files from Win98 to
    > folder where WinXP keeps its' screen saver files? If I need to copy other
    > files like dll, please advise which ones, or how to make this happen.

    Thanks Kenny. I'll give your Installer a try after I backup my system with
    Drive Image and let you know how it worked.

    HMT

    "Kenny S" wrote:

    > I have made an installer for this :
    > http://www.electricboom.com/download_plus.htm
    >
    > Kenny
    >

    > "HMT" <HMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Is there a way I can use my Win98 FE screen savers on my WinXP Home
    > > Edition?
    > > For example, is it just a matter of copying the scr files from Win98 to
    > > folder where WinXP keeps its' screen saver files? If I need to copy other
    > > files like dll, please advise which ones, or how to make this happen.

    Kenny,

    One question. I noticed your reply on another discussion thread said to set
    the WinXP Desktop Theme to Windows Classic for your Win98 Screensaver
    download to work. I assume it will not disable other Display Themes if I want
    to switch back and forth?

    HMT

    "HMT" wrote:

    > Thanks Kenny. I'll give your Installer a try after I backup my system with
    > Drive Image and let you know how it worked.
    >
    > HMT
    >
    > "Kenny S" wrote:
    >
    > > I have made an installer for this :
    > > http://www.electricboom.com/download_plus.htm
    > >
    > > Kenny
    > >

    > > "HMT" <HMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Is there a way I can use my Win98 FE screen savers on my WinXP Home
    > > > Edition?
    > > > For example, is it just a matter of copying the scr files from Win98 to
    > > > folder where WinXP keeps its' screen saver files? If I need to copy other
    > > > files like dll, please advise which ones, or how to make this happen.

    No, you dont even have to switch to the classic...
    it works automatically and no you dont lose anything.

    > Kenny,
    >
    > One question. I noticed your reply on another discussion thread said to
    > set
    > the WinXP Desktop Theme to Windows Classic for your Win98 Screensaver
    > download to work. I assume it will not disable other Display Themes if I
    > want
    > to switch back and forth?
    >
    > HMT
    >
    > "HMT" wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks Kenny. I'll give your Installer a try after I backup my system
    >> with
    >> Drive Image and let you know how it worked.
    >>
    >> HMT
    >>
    >> "Kenny S" wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have made an installer for this :
    >> > http://www.electricboom.com/download_plus.htm
    >> >
    >> > Kenny
    >> >

    >> > "HMT" <HMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Thanks Kenny

    HMT

    "Kenny S" wrote:

    > No, you dont even have to switch to the classic...
    > it works automatically and no you dont lose anything.
    >
    > Kenny
    >

    > "HMT" <HMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Kenny,
    > >
    > > One question. I noticed your reply on another discussion thread said to
    > > set
    > > the WinXP Desktop Theme to Windows Classic for your Win98 Screensaver
    > > download to work. I assume it will not disable other Display Themes if I
    > > want
    > > to switch back and forth?
    > >
    > > HMT
    > >
    > > "HMT" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Thanks Kenny. I'll give your Installer a try after I backup my system
    > >> with
    > >> Drive Image and let you know how it worked.
    > >>
    > >> HMT

    Do you have another site to download this installer? Because the domain the
    installer is located in is expired.
    --
    I reject to reality and substitute my own.