Sign in with
Your question

Cathodes

Last response: in Components
December 11, 2012 3:06:29 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in installing some red cathodes inside my HAF-X, does anyone know of some good and trusted brands to get? I've seen some on YouTube where you can make them glow in different ways (I'd like to make mine do a slow pulsing kind of effect :)  )

Cheers for any advice.

More about : cathodes

a b ) Power supply
December 11, 2012 9:16:35 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Systems to section CPU & Components by Proximon
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b ) Power supply
December 11, 2012 9:21:06 PM

+1 Dont get cathodes.

I myself use LED . Better and more life !
a b ) Power supply
December 11, 2012 9:22:21 PM

Don't get cathodes , a mistake I did. They're bulky and a waste. Get the " NZXT Sleeved LED Kit " they're AMAZING. Sleeved so they're black mesh cables and really bright. You also get a PCI-E brightness controller etc. Amazing kit and quite cheap.
a b ) Power supply
December 11, 2012 10:05:15 PM

get a kit of bitfenix LEDs. best choice for the money
a b ) Power supply
December 11, 2012 10:10:43 PM

I'll jump on the LED bandwagon, I myself am using LEDs. This is what I myself am using:
http://ncix.com/products/?sku=16730

Nothing too hard to do, just plug the molex connector and your done. If your looking for a long strip for a wider area then consider LED strips.

Edit: Just to help you out, linus starts to talk about cold cathodes @ 2:30 (referring to the link mrdowntownkiller has provided)
December 12, 2012 9:52:54 AM

Finally found the thread after it's been moved :p  thanks for your responses! I've never seen the NCIX LED's before so I'll definitely take a look at them!

Cheers!
!