CPU Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core

CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing $

Motherboard MSI Z77A-GD55 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Hard Drive Corsair Force Series GT 120GB 2.5" SSD

Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM

Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 670 2GB Also Would Like to get the GTX660 Ti Instead

Case Cooler Master HAF XM (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply Rosewill 650W ATX12V / EPS12V ??

Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit)

Put ?? on items Im unsure about.
Please Leave Feedback any info would be Helpful This will be my first build so please let me know if there is something you would change or something that might not be work also any thing you think i should know about these products

I am iffy on the psu and motherboard i Plan to SLI in the future and want a mother board that has that option
Also i would liek to know how long this build might last before it would req an upgrade or anything else any one might have to say about this build

Thank you very much in advance

SPC Andrew Smith

More about : build planned febuary

a b B Homebuilt system
July 30, 2012 3:01:38 AM

If you want to do SLI in the future, you're gonna want to step up that PSU to a 750w. You'll also want to get the hyper 212 evo instead of the 212 plus. The 212 evo offers better heat conductivity.

Try this build...
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dnUv

I also included low profile RAM. You'll want it just in case you run into clearance issues with the bulky heatsink.

The HAF 912 is one of the best bang for the buck cases out there at the moment. It offers excellent air flow and features for a low price.

I'd also recommend you get the crucial SSD. It offers a tad bit more memory and they're highly reliable drives.

Stay away from the Rosewill PSUs. You'll want to stick with a trusted brand such as corsair or seasonic and make sure they're 80+ certified. If you want to do SLI or Crossfire, you'll typically want to go with no less than 750 watts.

Everything else looks good. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask. Hope this helps; good luck!
m
l
July 30, 2012 4:49:25 PM

I wouldnt mind spending less one the case but I want one with usb3.0 on the front panel Also changed the ram after your input and changed the mother borad to the msi z77agd55 why does everyone tell me to go for the asrock ? is it just that much cheaper for the same thing or am i missing somthing
Looking in to a differnt psu will update agian when i decide on it

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/doD3 check out this updated List
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
July 31, 2012 6:50:11 AM

kafie said:
I wouldnt mind spending less one the case but I want one with usb3.0 on the front panel Also changed the ram after your input and changed the mother borad to the msi z77agd55 why does everyone tell me to go for the asrock ? is it just that much cheaper for the same thing or am i missing somthing
Looking in to a differnt psu will update agian when i decide on it

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/doD3 check out this updated List

The asrock boards are cheaper and packed with the same features as more expensive boards...sometimes even more features.
m
l
!