Adding New .txt file to right-click

I'm using XP Home SP1. I'd like to be able to right-click and choose
a new notepad file. I'd like to delete the Right Click > New
subfolder.

What's the regedit for that? Thanks.

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net
6 answers Last reply
More about adding file right click

    <*(((><{ wrote:
    > I'm using XP Home SP1. I'd like to be able to right-click and choose
    > a new notepad file. I'd like to delete the Right Click > New
    > subfolder.
    >
    > What's the regedit for that? Thanks.

    But you have that...
    Right-click --> New --> Text Document.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    I have never seen: New/subfolder.

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message
    > I'm using XP Home SP1. I'd like to be able to right-click and choose
    > a new notepad file. I'd like to delete the Right Click > New
    > subfolder.
    >
    > What's the regedit for that? Thanks.
    >
    > <*((((><{
    > Fishy@Ocean.Net

    But I don't want to go to NEW then to Textfile. I want to right-click
    and see Textfile immediately. Possible?

    <*((((><{
    Fishy@Ocean.Net

    In the last exciting episode on Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:26:16 -0500,
    "Shenan Stanley" <newshelper@gmail.com> wrote:

    |<*(((><{ wrote:
    |> I'm using XP Home SP1. I'd like to be able to right-click and choose
    |> a new notepad file. I'd like to delete the Right Click > New
    |> subfolder.
    |>
    |> What's the regedit for that? Thanks.
    |
    |But you have that...
    |Right-click --> New --> Text Document.

    |--
    |<- Shenan ->

    I have actually done that, but with UltraEdit. Now all I have to do is
    remember how.

    I'll monitor the NG and if no-one as repleid before I find out, I'll post
    again.

    --
    Cheers,
    Trevor L.

    <*(((><{ wrote:
    > But I don't want to go to NEW then to Textfile. I want to right-click
    > and see Textfile immediately. Possible?
    >
    > <*((((><{
    > Fishy@Ocean.Net
    >
    > In the last exciting episode on Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:26:16 -0500,
    > "Shenan Stanley" <newshelper@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> <*(((><{ wrote:
    >>> I'm using XP Home SP1. I'd like to be able to right-click and
    >>> choose a new notepad file. I'd like to delete the Right Click > New
    >>> subfolder.
    >>>
    >>> What's the regedit for that? Thanks.
    >>
    >> But you have that...
    >> Right-click --> New --> Text Document.
    >>
    >> --
    >> <- Shenan ->

    http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

    I realised that what I did was add an item to the right click when a file is
    selected so that I didn't need to use Open With ...

    Maybe this gives the answer http://www.jfitz.com/tips/rclick_custom.html.
    This was called from
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_c.htm
    Context Menu - Customizing Windows Explorer Context menu (right click menu
    in windows explorer)

    I haven't tried it
    --

    Trevor L. wrote:
    > I have actually done that, but with UltraEdit. Now all I have to do is
    > remember how.
    >
    > I'll monitor the NG and if no-one as repleid before I find out, I'll
    > post again.
    >

    > <*(((><{ wrote:
    >> But I don't want to go to NEW then to Textfile. I want to
    >> right-click and see Textfile immediately. Possible?
    >>
    >> <*((((><{
    >> Fishy@Ocean.Net
    >>
    >> In the last exciting episode on Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:26:16 -0500,

    >>> But you have that...
    >>> Right-click --> New --> Text Document.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> <- Shenan ->
    >

    > I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?
    > http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

    Trevor L. rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:

    > I have actually done that, but with UltraEdit. Now all I have to do is
    > remember how.
    >
    > I'll monitor the NG and if no-one as repleid before I find out, I'll post
    > again.

    Ultraedit creates that option during install.

Configuration Customization Windows XP