Sign in with
Your question

Monitor not Working

Last response: in Components
December 11, 2012 10:08:31 PM

I just finished my build and was getting ready to start it. I plugged in the monitor and powered on my PC and suddenly the monitor flashed NO VGA INPUT and shut off. I am plugging the monitor into a Radeon HD 7950 with a DVI connection. I can guarantee that the entire PC is operational and its a monitor problem. I have triple checked every connection and there are no bent pins on the connector. I can see the Video Card working so thats not a n issue either. I am going to try some other connections but I just wanted to post this before I did. Please help as I'm so excited to start up my PC and want to as soon as possible. Please help a first time builder! The brand of monitor is an Asus VK278q

More about : monitor working

December 11, 2012 10:34:37 PM

On the monitor itself, make sure that you have selected the correct input signal. There should be some kind of buttons on the monitor itself to do this.
m
l
December 11, 2012 10:47:17 PM

danny2000 said:
On the monitor itself, make sure that you have selected the correct input signal. There should be some kind of buttons on the monitor itself to do this.

That's done and still no result. Though now it says DVI NO INPUT so I guess thats some sort of progress.
m
l
Related resources
December 11, 2012 10:54:49 PM

Check to make sure on both your video card and the monitor, that both are plugged into DVI slot #1 if either the card, and/or the monitor have multiple dvi slots.
m
l
December 11, 2012 11:05:24 PM

My Card has 1 DVI slot and my monitor has 1 DVI slot. I was double and triple checked that my card is firmly in place and can see it working when my computer is on. The Card works, the monitor is fully plugged in and turns on but gets no farther than that. The tower in itself works. I'm entirely out of ideas. On-board connection does nothing as well.
m
l
December 12, 2012 12:21:44 AM

Have you tested the monitor on another computer?

Pull out the video card and try booting up with just the on-board video card.
m
l
December 12, 2012 12:58:48 AM

danny2000 said:
Have you tested the monitor on another computer?

Pull out the video card and try booting up with just the on-board video card.

Well I said in my previous comment that on-board does not work. Could you read before replying?
m
l
December 12, 2012 7:51:07 AM

Good luck with your problem and lose the attitude.
m
l
December 12, 2012 10:32:28 PM

danny2000 said:
Good luck with your problem and lose the attitude.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to come off like an A-hole, I was just pissed about my situation. No hard feelings.
m
l
!