Last response: in Components
December 11, 2012 10:17:48 PM

How easy is HD3D to setup with a 7970?

More about : hd3d

Best solution

Anonymous
December 12, 2012 2:08:06 PM

hello,

i have an HD 6850 using hdmi cable connected to lg 3d tv (or 3d monitor) make sure the hdmi cable is 3d capable 1.4a i think, then purchase TriDef 3d software for ati hardware its half price download the checker here's link http://www.tridef.com/cart/pages.php?pageid=5
you can download a trial version for 2 weeks to try it out although i can tell here and now it works brill even on my HD6850, works on all my games.
make sure you have your desktop set to the same res you play games in or 3d will not work and will say 3d error its disabled, in other words you have to have your destop set to the same res as the game you are going to play befor you start the game. well worth the money and idiot proof to use.
Related resources
December 12, 2012 8:47:12 PM

Anonymous said:
hello,

i have an HD 6850 using hdmi cable connected to lg 3d tv (or 3d monitor) make sure the hdmi cable is 3d capable 1.4a i think, then purchase TriDef 3d software for ati hardware its half price download the checker here's link http://www.tridef.com/cart/pages.php?pageid=5
you can download a trial version for 2 weeks to try it out although i can tell here and now it works brill even on my HD6850, works on all my games.
make sure you have your desktop set to the same res you play games in or 3d will not work and will say 3d error its disabled, in other words you have to have your destop set to the same res as the game you are going to play befor you start the game. well worth the money and idiot proof to use.

What monitor do you use?
Anonymous
December 13, 2012 7:12:50 AM

no i ment if you have a monitor , any type of passive 3d monitor or tv will work active 3d (flickers not good) is nvidia passive 3d is ati.
Anonymous
December 13, 2012 7:24:25 AM

i use an lg 32inch hd cinema 3d TV (cost £380 but probs get them for £320-50 now) because it just seems better to have big screen for my money rather than small screen higher res, at the end of the day when playing 3d you probs wont use over 1080p my 6850 is good for upto 720p in 3d mode depending on how demanding the game is, world of tanks if you play it looks awsome in 3d... well to be honest all my game look awsome in 3d lol ... some seem so much depth if feels like you could put your hand in the screen and pick things up kind of like looking into a hologram, others stuff comes out of the screen true 3d style rain looks as if its in ya room where ya playing the game truely fun exprience. i just wish i had your card for 3d as my card is lower end and nowhere as powerful as your card so you should have much fun.
Anonymous
December 13, 2012 7:31:35 AM

rule of thumb for me is if my game runs at high settings and get say 60 fps at same gfx settings in game and same res in 3d mode you'll probs hit 25-30 fps to get frame rate up i have to lower details and res but it looks so cool i dont care, although your card is much much more better for 3d than mine
December 23, 2012 2:41:40 AM

Best answer selected by melikepie.
!