Solved

Cooling for i5 3570

hey guys, i just purchased an 15 3570 (non k series) and it hasnt arrived yet, just wondering if the included cooler is any good and if it is worth getting a hyper 212 evo or another cheapish cooler

also, is the paste included on the stock cooler ***? i have some spare AS5 , should i apply that just for safety's sake?

thanks, Lord Tumnas
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cooling 3570
  1. Best answer
    Lord Tumnas said:
    hey guys, i just purchased an 15 3570 (non k series) and it hasnt arrived yet, just wondering if the included cooler is any good and if it is worth getting a hyper 212 evo or another cheapish cooler

    also, is the paste included on the stock cooler ***? i have some spare AS5 , should i apply that just for safety's sake?

    thanks, Lord Tumnas


    The stock cooler is good enough for everyday use but if you are overclocking (which you can't with the non K series) then you will need to get an aftermarket cooler. Also yes the stock hatsink comes with thermal paste pre-applied.
  2. i am aware it has pre applied paste,iwasjust curious if it was worth removing it and appling AS5
  3. Thats up to you. It's not hard to do but it will only lower you temps by a few degrees.
  4. Thankyou! ill probably leave it then
  5. Personally, just use the stock thermal paste...it should work just fine. Just like rds1220 has pointed out, no need for the aftermarket cooler unless you want lower temperatures, the stock cooler will work just fine for stock clocks.
  6. If your question was answered select a best answer so the mods know and can close the thread.
  7. rds1220 said:
    If your question was answered select a best answer so the mods know and can close the thread.


    thanks for the tip but its a little difficult to select a best answer in a discussion.....
  8. Lord Tumnas said:
    thanks for the tip but its a little difficult to select a best answer in a discussion.....


    I believe a moderator can change the thread type, if you want contact one, rds1220 has certainly earned the best answer. I can contact one for you...
  9. socialfox said:
    I believe a moderator can change the thread type, if you want contact one, rds1220 has certainly earned the best answer. I can contact one for you...


    it appears that the thread type has already been changed...
  10. Best answer selected by Lord Tumnas.
  11. Lord Tumnas said:
    it appears that the thread type has already been changed...

    I contacted a moderator a few minutes ago, if you do run into Proximon, do make sure to give him a thanks :D

    Anyways, you two have a good day now!
  12. socialfox said:
    I contacted a moderator a few minutes ago, if you do run into Proximon, do make sure to give him a thanks :D

    Anyways, you two have a good day now!



    Thankyou!

    You two SocialFox!!
  13. Lord Tumnas said:
    Thankyou!

    You two SocialFox!!


    My pleasure friend :)
    If you ever need help and don't really have the time for a thread or just want an opinion on something feel free to contact me (Private message). I extend help towards everyone, and I am quite quick responding to your message as long as I'm awake... law textbooks make me fall asleep :lol:
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooling Intel i5