Anyone have knowledge bout the different connectors in Computer cases?

Cntfeelmyface1

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
I am building a computer for the first time and so I have purchased a Cooler Master Storm Stryker as my case. Personally I think it is a very cool looking case it is a full tower in case I have the need to expand in the future and overall it is loaded with cool stuff. Now back to the problem, I already know where the fan headers are which directly plug into the motherboard for power and I have already installed the usb header, front io thingys like fan led, power led reset etc. and I plugged in the USB 3.0 header. I just don't know where the other connectors go. The first reaction I got when I untied the twisty ties from the clutter of cables was how messy they looked. Its all tangled and criss crossed everywhere and some of em just looked its connected from both ends and the wires are just out. I don't really know what a molex connector is used for neither those little black thingys with the two things sticking out in the sides and has 2 pins. Can you tell me what they are for and where they connect to? I know I'm being a major nub right now but hey noone here knew what they were doing the first time so please help me out!!

AcidElement

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011
Molex connectors connect to your power supply because it is connected to something that needs a power source. The rest idk, your description about them is a little vague.

Cntfeelmyface1

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012

Im sorry for being vague but I think theyre called Power LED Connectors.

I don't mind helping, although if you made your post more readable that would be good. Divide it into paragraphs.

Cable management takes practice and patience. You can make most of that mess go away.

It's not clear if you are talking about wires in the case or cables coming from the PSU.

I see that you have a fan controller built into that case... that probably requires a Molex connection from your power supply to work.

AcidElement

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011
Just watched Newegg's video on it. You should have a connector for a usb 3.0, usb 2.0, an HD audio, power button, power led, reset button, HDD led, and a bunch of cables that connect the front panel fan led and fan controller to your fans and their leds. The fan controller and led controller are powered by a molex connector to your powersupply, and you should have an extra 3 pin fan connector and 2 pin fan led connector is you want to add another fan and have it controlled by the front panel fan and led buttons.