my icons dont display the picture

I downloaded and demo'd an icon editing app which was of pretty poor
quality. When I uninstalled it, it screwed up all the icons on my
system (XP pro). In windows explorer I don't see the icon's image
anymore - I get the same generic image for all ico files. Anyone know
how to get them back?

thanks

--
michael@zyberte
2 answers Last reply

    Michael, check at Kelly's http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
    Select I and scroll to Icons- Remove and Restore.
    "michael@zyberte" <michaelzyberte.1o2idn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > I downloaded and demo'd an icon editing app which was of pretty poor
    > quality. When I uninstalled it, it screwed up all the icons on my
    > system (XP pro). In windows explorer I don't see the icon's image
    > anymore - I get the same generic image for all ico files. Anyone know
    > how to get them back?
    >
    > thanks
    >

    > --
    > michael@zyberte

    Open Regedit and navigate to:

    HKEY CLASSES ROOT\.ico
    In the right, set the (default) to "icofile" (without " )

    HKEY CLASSES ROOT\icofile\DefaultIcon
    In the right, set the (default) to "%1" (without " )

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "michael@zyberte" <michaelzyberte.1o2idn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > I downloaded and demo'd an icon editing app which was of pretty poor
    > quality. When I uninstalled it, it screwed up all the icons on my
    > system (XP pro). In windows explorer I don't see the icon's image
    > anymore - I get the same generic image for all ico files. Anyone know
    > how to get them back?
    >
    > thanks
    >

    > --
    > michael@zyberte

Configuration Customization Icons Windows XP Displays