  • Icons
  • Windows XP
  • Displays
April 26, 2005 12:44:05 AM

I downloaded and demo'd an icon editing app which was of pretty poor
quality. When I uninstalled it, it screwed up all the icons on my
system (XP pro). In windows explorer I don't see the icon's image
anymore - I get the same generic image for all ico files. Anyone know
how to get them back?

thanks

--
michael@zyberte

More about : icons dont display picture

Anonymous
April 26, 2005 6:16:24 AM

Michael, check at Kelly's http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
Select I and scroll to Icons- Remove and Restore.
"michael@zyberte" <michaelzyberte.1o2idn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> I downloaded and demo'd an icon editing app which was of pretty poor
> quality. When I uninstalled it, it screwed up all the icons on my
> system (XP pro). In windows explorer I don't see the icon's image
> anymore - I get the same generic image for all ico files. Anyone know
> how to get them back?
>
> thanks
>

> --
> michael@zyberte
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 1:01:45 PM

Open Regedit and navigate to:

HKEY CLASSES ROOT\.ico
In the right, set the (default) to "icofile" (without " )

HKEY CLASSES ROOT\icofile\DefaultIcon
In the right, set the (default) to "%1" (without " )

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

!