Sign in with
Your question

Sound Issues

Last response: in Components
December 12, 2012 3:11:35 AM

So I just got my new PC delivered today from cyberpower and everything has been running fairly smooth, but I have run into a few small problems regarding the audio. Whenever I plug my headphones into the front or rear audio jacks, I am getting slight background noise, even when the headphones are muted. I know this is not a problem with the headphones as I have tried multiple pairs and they are all having the same problem. I also realized later that none of the microphone jacks were working at all. I'm assuming this is some sort of internal problem, and was wondering if it could be avoided all together if I were to use a usb headset as I was planning on getting a new one soon anyways. I appreciate any suggestions that can be given ^^.

More about : sound issues

December 12, 2012 5:22:15 AM

This generally denotes bad grounding in the system somewhere, causing electromagnetic feedback. Does the sound seem like it's in time with your Hard Drive loading?
m
l
December 12, 2012 1:05:44 PM

Yes, also I think the problems with the mic were due to compatibility issues with the mic I was trying to use rather than the jack so this problem with the sound is the only one I'm having.
m
l
Related resources
December 19, 2012 5:05:59 AM

so how would you go about grounding it?
m
l
December 20, 2012 3:21:31 AM

Idk im not very good at this kind of stuff, thats why i decided to get it premade.
m
l
!