Status
Not open for further replies.

mbs081200

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2002
Anybody know where I can find an Alienware PC Case and power supply? I like to build my own systems and I was really interested in the Alienware cases but I don't want to purchase the whole system from them. I didn't see an option for components on their website and I can't seem to find the cases anywhere.

Do they even provide cases for retail?

Obtuse

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
I don't think so dude. Alienware builds GOD systems, they wouldn't sell their case, too worried about someone throwing some ass components in there and trying to pass it off.

"It's too late now anyway. That song is stuck in my head and the only way to get rid of it is to blow it out. With a bullet!! - Carl

etp777

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2004
Except of course that they still sell systems in the standard Chieftec cases that everyone and their mother has used for the last few years.

That being siad, haven't seen that particular design(style used in Area 51, etc) for sale anywhere yet. Very possible with Alienware's volume that the cases are custom runs for them by Chenbro or someone.

Tavelkyosoba

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003
just build a case dude, its fun. you can make it look however you want.

I've got a book of matches,
I've got a can of kerosene,
I've got some bright ideas involving you and me.

mbs081200

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2002
Build a case ???? OK this might be very rookie but how would I go about doing that??? Is there a site that sells each piece separately or something. Never really knew this was an option. Has anyone else ever tried building their own case??

Tavelkyosoba

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003
somewhere that sells the individual pieces???

home depot, menards, ace hardware.

lots of people build their case. in the enthusist world, building a case is the only time the word "building" actually means "building" and not "assembling."

its fairly easy, if you use wood you'll need to strip some stuff out of a steel case(mobo mount and drive bays) b/c those are more work than they're worth. if you use plexyglass then you can put the mobo riser directly into the plastic, same for drive bays.

PukePile

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2004
Simple just get a cardboard box put every thing you need in that and then get a green marker and draw and alien head on your box and *BOOM* you got yourself an aleinware case.

40k in aquamark 3
<A HREF="http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=682299587
" target="_new">http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=682299587
</A>
P4b2.4@2.8||1024mb DDR@392mhz||9800pro@414/732||Viewsonic UltraBrite 19"||Panisonic DVD-RW

gothitbycar

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
Isn't that how your mom found you? And she thought she was getting a Dell.

I'd say just get a cheap steel case, get a dremel, some plexiglass, lights, paint and whatever else you can get your hands on, take your time and and you can make some wonderful things.
-----------------------
[mind went blank]<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Gothitbycar on 07/01/04 10:00 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Tavelkyosoba

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003
where's the artistic woodworking??? the hours of delicate craftsmanship??? haha...just a suggestion. for a normal person i would recomend the dremel route...but i love carpentry and building a case isn't much different from a nightstand. very fun.

plust it makes the computer look more like furniture, keeps grabby hands of intruders away :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.