Phenom II X4 965 VS. Phenom II X6 1045T

Hello. Long time reader, first time poster.

Unsure of which of these to buy for a new PC I plan on building. Will strictly be for gaming and streaming. Game that will be played the most (as in 90% of the time) will be Counter Strike: Global Offensive. I know the 2 extra cores are pointless in 99% of games but they do help for video encoding and such, so my question is, would the 2 extra cores benefit for streaming? The way I see it, the 965 seems to be the smarter choice because of the faster clock/speed per core. If it's of any relevance, I'm going to pair it with an HD 6870, 8GB 1600MHz of either G. Skill Ripjaws or Corsair Vengeance and a 500 or 600 watt power supply, leaning towards the 600 more at the moment. Any help and/or advice is appreciated, thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about phenom phenom 1045t
  1. Look at the fx series such as the fx 6300, outperforms the x6 on stock
  2. I've heard/read the FX chips are absolutely garbage when it comes to games. Trying to avoid those chips if at all possible.
  3. If anyone else has some input I'd appreciate it!
  4. The 1045 and the 965 are both very solid, well built chips. But the new FX 6300 isn't too bad - it outperforms the 1045 and 965 in games. It's personal preference - I would go 6300 because its a good performer for games, plus overclocking. The 1045 is great, but no overclocking - and the 1090t is near impossible to find at a good price. As for the 965, it's a very solid chip to get, but honestly, I would go FX 6300 if I were you. The Piledriver overhaul makes it worthy, unlike it's predecessor.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Phenom