Best gpu for overclocking budget ~$200

epic782

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Im composing a budget rig at the moment for video editing and gaming. Started looking around the boards at different gpu's and after checking out the best cards for the money article I want some more advice.
SO if you were looking for the Best video card for around 200 dollars that you could overclock to get the best results what would you choose? extra points: how would you cool it?

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: 30 days
BUDGET RANGE: ~$200

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: gaming diablo3 bf3 so on, video editing with adobe premier, movie watching

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: rosewill 750 watt
OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS:not certain on mobo, probable using intel ivy bridge cpu

PARTS PREFERENCES:any

OVERCLOCKING:YES
SLI OR CROSSFIRE:no

MONITOR RESOLUTION:1920x1080
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:needs good cooling, hopefully will last more than a year

epic782

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
yeah i like the 7850, its right within my budget and i heard their really efficient compared to nvidea, would i have to upgrade the cooling elements on these though?

the 7850 is much more efficient than any of the new nvidia gpus. Not really much of a problem compared to the new stuff but I would definately take it over the 480.

The 480 is a power hog and generates immense amounts of heat and noise generally.

the 7800 series are approximately as efficient as the late 6xx gen nvidias power wise(because they both are pretty modern gpus in the latest generation). In general, the more generations back you put your card into, the less efficient it will be compared to its modern counterpart.