cybershot and memory stick pro problem!!?

bib...@gmail.com Aug 22, 4:49 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: bib...@gmail.com - Find messages by this author
Date: 22 Aug 2005 08:49:20 -0700
Subject: sony cybershot dsc-s40 and memory stick problems!!
original | Report Abuse

I own a cybershot dsc-s40 and a MSX512S memory stick pro 512mb. When i
take pictures using the cameras internal hard drive, I can transfer
pictures to the computer fine. However, when I use the memorys stick
pro, the pictures are always corrupted, and when viewing them either on

the pc or the camera, I receive errors. (eg. on the pc, I can see the
thumbnail, but upon opening it in windows picture and fax viewer, it
says 'drawing failed') I have tried formatting the memory stick using
the camera but the problem persists. I can write files to the memorys
stick from the computer fine. Is this a problem with the camera or the
memory stick?
2 answers Last reply
More about cybershot memory stick problem

    I think you realize that if the card works properly everywhere but in the
    camera the problem is where? Does the camera write properly to other memory
    sticks?

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 07:42:05 -0700, whitestripes wrote:

    > bib...@gmail.com Aug 22, 4:49 pm show options
    >
    > Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
    > From: bib...@gmail.com - Find messages by this author
    > Date: 22 Aug 2005 08:49:20 -0700
    > Subject: sony cybershot dsc-s40 and memory stick problems!!
    > Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show
    > original | Report Abuse
    >
    > I own a cybershot dsc-s40 and a MSX512S memory stick pro 512mb. When i
    > take pictures using the cameras internal hard drive, I can transfer
    > pictures to the computer fine. However, when I use the memorys stick
    > pro, the pictures are always corrupted, and when viewing them either on
    >
    > the pc or the camera, I receive errors. (eg. on the pc, I can see the
    > thumbnail, but upon opening it in windows picture and fax viewer, it
    > says 'drawing failed') I have tried formatting the memory stick using
    > the camera but the problem persists. I can write files to the memorys
    > stick from the computer fine. Is this a problem with the camera or the
    > memory stick?
    Have you checked the manual to see if the mem stick pro is supported?

    --
    Neil
    Delete delete to reply by email

Photo Cameras Memory