Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 7, 2012 10:35:28 PM

Hey guys i am new her so my PC is

processor : Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.80 GHZ

Ram : 2GB DDr3 single channel Kingston

GPU : ATI Radeon HD 5450 2 GB

Operating system : windows 7 32 Bit

Motherboard : Gigabyte Model G41MT-S2PT

So my Problem is when i try to open any online or offline game it lags i don't know why and my Drivers all of them are up to date so i don't know what to do games like (counter strike-spider man Web of shadows-call of duty black ops ) the game run for like 2 or 3 mints fine and after that my FPS drops to 1 to 10 and it keeps lagging and in online games on Facebook like ninja saga it lags and my temperature according to Speed Fan is in idle CPU is 49 C and GPU is 53 C so is it the temp or i need to increase ram or change operating system to windows XP i don't know please reply fast Thanks

More about : dont lag

a b U Graphics card
June 7, 2012 10:54:00 PM

Yes you need to retire that to HTPC duties and rebuild.
m
l
a c 193 U Graphics card
June 7, 2012 11:34:18 PM

I would side with them in saying that your hardware is pretty old. Maybe its time for new stuff.
m
l
Related resources
June 7, 2012 11:54:17 PM

a quick speed help might be to upgrade to 4gb ram, but for new games like black ops a better comp is probably in order..
m
l
June 8, 2012 12:00:15 AM

upgrade your procie! since your mobo supports ddr3 ram, i assume you have a good board. what socket do you have is it 775, you can put a intel core2 duo there. your vga and ram are just fine
m
l
June 8, 2012 12:02:28 AM

i just saw you can put a intel quad core there too! that would be a huge performance boost.
m
l
June 8, 2012 12:06:25 AM

RSS
CPU
Support for an Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme processor/Intel® Core™ 2 Quad processor/Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor/Intel® Pentium® processor/Intel® Celeron® processor in the LGA775 package
L2 cache varies with CPU
(Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.)
Front Side Bus
1333/1066/800 MHz FSB
Chipset
North Bridge: Intel® G41 Express Chipset
South Bridge: Intel® ICH7
Memory
2 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 8 GB of system memory
* Due to Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than 4 GB.
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for DDR3 1333 (O.C.)/1066/800 MHz memory modules
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2012 1:26:27 AM

Since the game only lags after a few minutes maybe the components are overheating during the games. Try and download something like msi afterburner to see the GPU temperatures during the games.

Andrew
m
l
a c 193 U Graphics card
June 8, 2012 1:41:59 AM

gene_11 said:
upgrade your procie! since your mobo supports ddr3 ram, i assume you have a good board. what socket do you have is it 775, you can put a intel core2 duo there. your vga and ram are just fine

I would agree with everything you have said so far except for the graphics. The 5450 is a pretty dismal performer unless at lower resolution. I would get something just a little bit faster for a good price.
m
l
June 8, 2012 1:50:28 AM

well if the framerate suddenly drops after working fine, it might be a heating or dust problem too

heat takes a while to build up and effect stuff sometimes.. on my computer anyway lolz

overall it seems:
clean inside of dust, or reapply any thermal goop (artic silver?)

Upgrade to a better cpu/graphic-card/ram nstuff if you have money

4 gb ram is good for games like that I'm sure
m
l
a c 193 U Graphics card
June 8, 2012 2:00:56 AM

Eh, my buddy played on his P4 with a GTS250 for a very very long time, and just replaced it with a 2500K a few weeks ago. Its still a somewhat viable processor for some of today's games.

It could be your power supply not being able to supply enough power to the components, but that is unlikely, because the 5450 and the P4 dont use that much power.
m
l
June 18, 2012 7:31:57 PM

thanks for all your help guys and i am sorry because i didnt reply fast but thanks :D 
m
l
!