Nokia 6230 - Data transfer

Hi

I've got question about data transfering to Nokia 6230.
What is the speed difference between IrDa and DKU-2 cable.

Is this cable warth buying? My problem is the data transfer via IrDa is
quite slow
so I consider buying that cable.

Thanks at all.

Mariusz
5 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6230 data transfer

    just bought cable much better
    "Mariusz Brzoska" <mbrzos@gazeta.pl> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I've got question about data transfering to Nokia 6230.
    > What is the speed difference between IrDa and DKU-2 cable.
    >
    > Is this cable warth buying? My problem is the data transfer via IrDa is
    > quite slow
    > so I consider buying that cable.
    >
    > Thanks at all.
    >
    > Mariusz

    I generally have rapid sync with IRDA with a substantial contacts list and
    calendar. I doubt that the vastly overpriced cable will assist greatly. The
    problem might be addressed with an update of Nokia PC Shite.

    "Mariusz Brzoska" <mbrzos@gazeta.pl> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I've got question about data transfering to Nokia 6230.
    > What is the speed difference between IrDa and DKU-2 cable.
    >
    > Is this cable warth buying? My problem is the data transfer via IrDa is
    > quite slow
    > so I consider buying that cable.
    >
    > Thanks at all.
    >
    > Mariusz

    I mean buying 128Mb memory card and transfering .mp3 files

    > I generally have rapid sync with IRDA with a substantial contacts list and
    > calendar. I doubt that the vastly overpriced cable will assist greatly.
    The
    > problem might be addressed with an update of Nokia PC Shite.
    >
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I've got question about data transfering to Nokia 6230.
    > > What is the speed difference between IrDa and DKU-2 cable.
    > >
    > > Is this cable warth buying? My problem is the data transfer via IrDa is
    > > quite slow
    > > so I consider buying that cable.
    > >
    > > Thanks at all.
    > >
    > > Mariusz

    > I mean buying 128Mb memory card and transfering .mp3 files

    If you just want to transfer files to/from a MMC card, you might want to
    consider buying a USB MMC reader for your PC. Cheaper (£10-15) and probably
    more useful than the Nokia cable...

    Disadvantage: You (obviously) will have to take the MMC card out of your
    phone to transfer stuff, so if you are talking about doing this frequently
    (daily) the cable might be a better option.

    ChrisM.

    --
    Please remove shoes to reply

    But what ... is it good for?
    - Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968,
    commenting on the microchip.

    "Mariusz Brzoska" <mbrzos@gazeta.pl> wrote in message news:<cevvto$muc$1@titan.btinternet.com>...

    > I've got question about data transfering to Nokia 6230.
    > What is the speed difference between IrDa and DKU-2 cable.
    >
    > Is this cable warth buying? My problem is the data transfer via IrDa is
    > quite slow
    > so I consider buying that cable.

    Theoretically, the speed is the same in both cases ( 115200 bit/s ).
    But, in practice, speed may vary due to technical parameters of
    infrared transceivers and possible technical properties or even
    defects.

    As per our tests with Oxygen Phone Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/
    ), fastest type of connection is Bluetooth, where total speed may
    increase up to 1 Mbit/s (megabit per second). However, nobody can
    guarantee, that you will get so high speed, as there is no strict
    bluetooth hardware standard.

    If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    info@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.opm-2.com/
    http://www.oxygensoftware.com/