Closed

Trying to retrieve photos

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 23, 2005 4:14:16 PM

My memory card (CF) and camera (IXUS 400) are still playing up. I'm
trying to retrieve photos now that I know are there, and my overall
available memory as shown via Canon File Viewer Utility are showing
that my photographs are still on the card, I just can't read them. I
have also tried using a PCMCIA memory card adaptor, to no avail. Does
any one know if I have lost my pictures for good? Or if there some way
that I can retrieve them... perhaps my local store may help??

More about : retrieve photos

Anonymous
August 23, 2005 11:33:09 PM

On 23 Aug 2005 12:14:16 -0700, "bluealmond" <bluealmond@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>My memory card (CF) and camera (IXUS 400) are still playing up. I'm
>trying to retrieve photos now that I know are there, and my overall
>available memory as shown via Canon File Viewer Utility are showing
>that my photographs are still on the card, I just can't read them. I
>have also tried using a PCMCIA memory card adaptor, to no avail. Does
>any one know if I have lost my pictures for good? Or if there some way
>that I can retrieve them... perhaps my local store may help??

Just google "digital photo recovery" there are all sorts of software
out there to do this some free and some not.

"There has always been war. War is raging throughout the world
at the present moment. And there is little reason to believe
that war will cease to exist in the future. As man has become
increasingly civilized, his means of destroying his fellow man
have become ever more efficient, cruel and devastating.
Is it possible to put an end to a form of human behavior which
has existed throughout history by means of photography?
The proportions of that notion seem ridiculously out of balance.
Yet, that very idea has motivated me.

James Nachtwey
War Photographer
http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 11:34:11 PM

bluealmond wrote:

> My memory card (CF) and camera (IXUS 400) are still playing up. I'm
> trying to retrieve photos now that I know are there, and my overall
> available memory as shown via Canon File Viewer Utility are showing
> that my photographs are still on the card, I just can't read them. I
> have also tried using a PCMCIA memory card adaptor, to no avail. Does
> any one know if I have lost my pictures for good? Or if there some way
> that I can retrieve them... perhaps my local store may help??

have you tried any data recovery programs? I haven't used one for
camera cards but I know they exist. I found this one after a quick
search... costs about $30 but I think you can download a demo to see
if it works

http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

In news:1124824456.626503.151690@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com,
bluealmond <bluealmond@hotmail.com> typed:
| My memory card (CF) and camera (IXUS 400) are still playing up. I'm
| trying to retrieve photos now that I know are there, and my overall
| available memory as shown via Canon File Viewer Utility are showing
| that my photographs are still on the card, I just can't read them. I
| have also tried using a PCMCIA memory card adaptor, to no avail. Does
| any one know if I have lost my pictures for good? Or if there some way
| that I can retrieve them... perhaps my local store may help??

Freeware - PC Inspector File Recovery
http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

Or Smart Recovery
http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_media_recovery/uk/welco...
supports the following picture formats: .jpg, .amr, .tif, .bmp, .gif,
Canon .crw , Fuji .raf , RICOH .raw, Olympus .orf (E-XX), Olympus .orf
(C5050), Nokia 3gp, Kodak .dcr, Minolta .mrw, Nikon .nef (D1H/D1X),
Nikon .nef (D2H/D2X), Nikon .nef (E5000/E5700), Sigma - Foveon .x3f,
mp4, QuickTime .mov (Konica Minolta). Video files in .avi, QuickTime
..mov format and audio files in .wav, .dss format can also be recovered.

RoseW
Anonymous
January 1, 2011 3:36:52 AM

This topic has been closed by Fihart