Strange things with GTX 480 ! Help !

darksalvatore

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
i have gtx 480 .... sometimes when screen becomes back .. fanspeed goes up to 100% on msi afterburner because of heat and i have to turn pc off manualy ;/ .... strange thing is that it happened when i was watching movie on my windows media palyer .. or just watching youtube .... i mean it haven't happen when gpu was on load ....

so it becoes hot instantly ??? why ?? i don't understand .... i knew that because on msi afterburner i have graphics and when cards hit above 90 it will set fans to 100% ;/......... so why it happens ? and will it continiue ???

ith happens like 3 time in one week ... never happend while gaming but maybe i got luck ..... no problem with my psu or other parts im sure ;/ it was never happend when i got my old card ...

darksalvatore

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
recon-uk

ya .... very strange ... not now sorry its like 3 am for me ^^ to late :p

inside case everihign is allright i think ... i mean good airflow ... and nothing is OC ed ...

and it happened randomly ... i can't find any logic ;/ i don;t thik that it is virus becaus i reainstalled windows few hours ago and scanned by antivirus ..

darksalvatore

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
i don't even know what a problem it is ... maybe virus anyway ??? idk ... on battlefield 3 i got 70% fanspeed and like 70-75 C .... palyed 1-2 hours .... no problem .... then watched movie for hour and got blackscreen and 100% fanspeeed .... same story with youtube once ... and 2 times on movie ;/ .......................

maybe i have to update gpu bios or something like that ??? idk ....

darksalvatore

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
it's adaptive .. didn't changed after install ... but hell ... on corsair 850 w and i7 950 and nothing is OC ed ... power is more then enough ;/ .........when i benchmarked gtx 480 .. it hit 105C and haven't restarted .... fan just reached 100% ... nothing more ;/....okay let's hope that it will not happen again ... don;t think that card is defective .. because ideal performance ... no artifacts or overheat when i monitor it ....

golfdk

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010

Try and go back and do a clean install of the 296,10 driver. I had problems (system freeze :( ) with the 300... series driver for my 560Ti and the new 301,42 driver only when watching flashplayer, mp4 stream and never while gaming.

Did windows do any updates recently? I belive that ms put out a few over the past two weeks that have caused issues outside of gaming that reduced performance while other bugs cause issues with the drivers. :??:

Desert Eagle

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
best of luck darksalvatore, and you too recon-uk...you have helped many people here and that's more than most people will ever accomplish here. Laterz

darksalvatore

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
recon-uk

voltage is on 1.0 .... i ahven't touched or OC ed ... you know im not overlocker .... after few hours sometimes screen turnes off .... when i restart pc .. then no problem ... it happens on idle to ... does not matter i game or not .... i bought that card from person not from shop .... when we tested on 3d mark and furmar there was no problem ...

darksalvatore

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
recon-uk

it is on adaptive .... so you think that it is a driver b ug ? i installed old driver ... even 295.... we willl see what will happen ... i can't get .. who card witch can pass 3d marks and furmark test can be defective ?

darksalvatore

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
Sonny73N

i said i bought from person .. read first please ... it;s more headache ....

harsh60

ok i will try underclock .... havent happend again yet ...

mobo ? idk but i flashed bios .. hope it will help ... my mobo has not any problem with radeon 7970 and gtx 560ti .... ;/ strange ya ?

darksalvatore

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
idk 1 more hour and nothing happend .. i will wait 3 more hours and then go sleep ...

after 1 day i will test that card ... on other systems and such .... if error will happen again then i put that card insidse sellers ass ...

------------------------------------------------------------

i did as you said .. flashed mobo bioes and set power to prefer performance :) so i hope it helps ... if not .. then huh ...

darksalvatore

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
recon-uk

i agree with you :p
but i really enjoyed gtx 480 .... really .. is a great card and if it will be fixed then i will keep it for sure bro ... no complains about performance ..... it is great card :) 2 hours without issules .... i will wiat 2 more .... if no promlem then well ... maybe it is fixed ....

tryed again 3d mark and furmark ... perfect ... no problems ... ;/

darksalvatore

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
recon-uk

yeah ^^

but i reccomend you premium to .. close quarters will be cool ... only 16 palyers on map so it will not be like metro ^^ aug is awesome and other weapons to