Buying Tonight. Final Opinions?

I am buying these parts tonight, and I'd like final opinions.
Case: HAF X Blue Edition
CPU: i7 3770K Ivy Bridge
RAM: 2x8GB Ripjaws X 1600MHz
PSU: OCZ ZX 850W
GPU: GeForce GTX 570 2.5GB
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB (Movies, Files)
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Windows 7, Games)
MOBO: ASRock Z77 Fatal1ty Professional
Keyboard: Logitech K800 Slim Illuminated
Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder
Cooler: Corsair H100
Accessories: Arctic Silver 5
5 answers Last reply
More about buying tonight final opinions
  1. a last generation graphics card

a psu thats way over kill

a cpu that wont improve gaming performance over a 3570k

and expensive and unneeded water cooler and an ssd thats too small for more than 1 or 2 games
  2. Personally id drop to a 2600k and put a bit more into the gpu if possible
  3. There are a lot of wrong things in this build. Unless you don't care about gaming so much, don't mind spending a lot of money, and will use it mostly for multi-core intensive professional applications, you're paying double what you should for half the gaming performance (not even kidding here).

I would HIGHLY recommend starting the build over and telling us EXACTLY what you mean to do with it.
  4. Ok. So I dropped the H100, SSD, 3770K, and ASRock Fatal1ty Professional Z77. And this is mostly for gaming. So I put in an i7 2700K, and got the same MOBO, except the Z68 chipset, instead of Z77. I got rid of the GTX 570, and got a GTX 670. And now it's cheaper than before. Thanks guys. Oh, and I got a 750W instead of an 850W, because I will SLI 2 GTX 670's in the future, and that should be enough wattage.
  5. do you need an i7? from what I've researched, i5 is plety enough for games at the moment.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems