What FPS will i get on battlefield 3?

j2j663

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
Well I would refer you to the Charts section but it doesn't look like they have any stats up for those 2 games yet.

I can tell you for a fact, no your 6870 will not play BF3 on 3 monitors unless you greatly lower the details, and then only maybe.

You should be able to play BF3 with your 6870 on one monitor. You will not be able to max out all of the details but you will be able to play it with decent FPS.

Do you really need to do eyefinity? I mean it would look better on just one 24" monitor. Obviously just my opinion, but if you're going to have 3 expensive monitors then you should probably get an expensive GPU to go with it. The 6870 and 560 are good for gaming on a single monitor at medium/high settings. Not for 3 monitors though. You need a lot more VRAM and a lot more horsepower to do eyefinity. Yes the 6870 will support eyefinity, no it will not run smoothly.

They're the same price so yes. You could also try this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150521

It will run cooler and if you overclock it, it will beat the 560 superclocked. But then I guess you could try to overclock the superclocked...

I've had a few of those XFX Double D 6870s, they're good cards, I still have one in my kid's computer. You can easily run it at 950/1150 some even higher. However from the benchmarks the 560 has an edge on BF3 and COD being a console port they will perform about the same. I do not recommend doing eyefinity (or nvidias equivilent) on either. And if you must then spend the extra cash for the 2GB version.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150563

Lol I think I miss understood the op, he didn't mention eyefinity and I thought that's what they were talking about with "x3 1080p" but must be talking about anti aliasing. You can play fine with a 6870, just not maxed out. However for $200 the gtx480 is great, although it's older tech. You have the power requirements so go for it!