6600 & PC Suite OK I give up!!!!

Last response: in Brands
August 6, 2004 6:41:33 PM

I have now give up trying to connect with Pc Suite come to the conclusion it
is a problem with Belkin bluetooth dongle.
Everytime I try and make a virtual com port it uses Com0 which phone does
not like so have now give in unless anyone has any ideas??

Tried Oxygen Phone Manager but still no luck it will not connect!!

I get around it by sending any dates I create on phone to my PDA via
bluetooth then when I sync PDA via bluetooth it syncs with Outlook on PC bit
long winded I know but only way I can see of doing it!!!

Thanks

More about : 6600 suite give

Anonymous
August 6, 2004 7:10:37 PM

For some reason it does say connecting using com 0, this is normal it

should also tell you there is an error.

After this it should still connect.

I had the same problem with regards to actually connecting, the bluetooth

icon would turn green for a few seconds and then turn off. Disabling my

Firewall cured that problem.

Hope this helps!

Esp.

"NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> I have now give up trying to connect with Pc Suite come to the conclusion
it
> is a problem with Belkin bluetooth dongle.
> Everytime I try and make a virtual com port it uses Com0 which phone does
> not like so have now give in unless anyone has any ideas??
>
> Tried Oxygen Phone Manager but still no luck it will not connect!!
>
> I get around it by sending any dates I create on phone to my PDA via
> bluetooth then when I sync PDA via bluetooth it syncs with Outlook on PC
bit
> long winded I know but only way I can see of doing it!!!
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
August 6, 2004 10:00:30 PM

"NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> schreef in bericht
> I have now give up trying to connect with Pc Suite come to the conclusion
it
> is a problem with Belkin bluetooth dongle.
> Everytime I try and make a virtual com port it uses Com0 which phone does
> not like so have now give in unless anyone has any ideas??
>
> Tried Oxygen Phone Manager but still no luck it will not connect!!
>
> I get around it by sending any dates I create on phone to my PDA via
> bluetooth then when I sync PDA via bluetooth it syncs with Outlook on PC
bit
> long winded I know but only way I can see of doing it!!!

You don't need Oxygen, because PCsuite works fine with Outlook (I never
succeeded in using Oxigen on my 6600 so it was waisted money for me)
After the message "...Com0" , always an error will be reported (thats
normal). The problems I had were caused by my Firewall en an internal modem.
It works fine on my laptop, but does not work on my PC, because I guess I
use a modem for banking. It took me also one night without sleep before it
worked. Sometimes I still have problems which mostly are solved after
restarting my laptop and/or my 6600.
August 6, 2004 10:35:55 PM

I've disabled internal modem(actually took it out!) disabled firewall and
still no luck

Evertime I try to connect virtual serial port I get same messages

The bluetooth serial port Com0 is now configuered to connect to device Nokia
6600

And when I press OK I get

The bluetooth serial port connection failed. The remote device closed the
connection
Happens every time !!!

"Klaas Ensing" <klaase01@home.nl> wrote in message

> "NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> schreef in bericht
> > I have now give up trying to connect with Pc Suite come to the
conclusion
> it
> > is a problem with Belkin bluetooth dongle.
> > Everytime I try and make a virtual com port it uses Com0 which phone
does
> > not like so have now give in unless anyone has any ideas??
> >
> > Tried Oxygen Phone Manager but still no luck it will not connect!!
> >
> > I get around it by sending any dates I create on phone to my PDA via
> > bluetooth then when I sync PDA via bluetooth it syncs with Outlook on PC
> bit
> > long winded I know but only way I can see of doing it!!!
> >

> You don't need Oxygen, because PCsuite works fine with Outlook (I never
> succeeded in using Oxigen on my 6600 so it was waisted money for me)
> After the message "...Com0" , always an error will be reported (thats
> normal). The problems I had were caused by my Firewall en an internal
modem.
> It works fine on my laptop, but does not work on my PC, because I guess I
> use a modem for banking. It took me also one night without sleep before
it
> worked. Sometimes I still have problems which mostly are solved after
> restarting my laptop and/or my 6600.

Anonymous
August 6, 2004 10:35:56 PM

I got the exact same error but in my case, it still works! While bluetooth
neighbourhood makes no apparent connection, the mrouter icon goes happy
green.
I noted however, that I first need to doubleclick fax and dial-up networking
and only then connect the serial port above. strange I know, try it you
never know.

perhaps you could give the mrouter3 beta a try also?

or update your bluetooth drivers and such there's an excellent walkthrough
on
http://www.jonsguides.com/bluetooth/index.html

good luck

> I've disabled internal modem(actually took it out!) disabled firewall and
> still no luck
>
> Evertime I try to connect virtual serial port I get same messages
>
> The bluetooth serial port Com0 is now configuered to connect to device
Nokia
> 6600
>
> And when I press OK I get
>
> The bluetooth serial port connection failed. The remote device closed the
> connection
> Happens every time !!!
>

> "Klaas Ensing" <klaase01@home.nl> wrote in message
> >
> > "NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> schreef in bericht
> > > I have now give up trying to connect with Pc Suite come to the
> conclusion
> > it
> > > is a problem with Belkin bluetooth dongle.
> > > Everytime I try and make a virtual com port it uses Com0 which phone
> does
> > > not like so have now give in unless anyone has any ideas??
> > >
> > > Tried Oxygen Phone Manager but still no luck it will not connect!!
> > >
> > > I get around it by sending any dates I create on phone to my PDA via
> > > bluetooth then when I sync PDA via bluetooth it syncs with Outlook on
PC
> > bit
> > > long winded I know but only way I can see of doing it!!!
> > >

> > You don't need Oxygen, because PCsuite works fine with Outlook (I never
> > succeeded in using Oxigen on my 6600 so it was waisted money for me)
> > After the message "...Com0" , always an error will be reported (thats
> > normal). The problems I had were caused by my Firewall en an internal
> modem.
> > It works fine on my laptop, but does not work on my PC, because I guess
> > use a modem for banking. It took me also one night without sleep before
> it
> > worked. Sometimes I still have problems which mostly are solved after
> > restarting my laptop and/or my 6600.

Anonymous
August 7, 2004 2:15:13 AM

For your information I just tried the mrouter 3 beta myself. It was easy,
you don't even have to uninstall or reconfigure the existing pc suite
installation . It then works like making your BT connection within
mrouter3 - so no need to go to the serial port in bluetooth neighborhood!
mrouter3 makes its connection instantly, the old mrouter start blinking
green and you're in business. works like a charm here. when looking at the
properties at the old mrouter, apparently all bluetooth ports are gone and
there's a single COM1000 port instead.

Try it I'm quite confident the above will work for you, let us know how far
you get.
(you didn't _really_ give up did you ? :-))

"NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> I've disabled internal modem(actually took it out!) disabled firewall and
> still no luck
>
> Evertime I try to connect virtual serial port I get same messages
>
> The bluetooth serial port Com0 is now configuered to connect to device
Nokia
> 6600
>
> And when I press OK I get
>
> The bluetooth serial port connection failed. The remote device closed the
> connection
> Happens every time !!!
>

> "Klaas Ensing" <klaase01@home.nl> wrote in message
> >
> > "NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> schreef in bericht
> > > I have now give up trying to connect with Pc Suite come to the
> conclusion
> > it
> > > is a problem with Belkin bluetooth dongle.
> > > Everytime I try and make a virtual com port it uses Com0 which phone
> does
> > > not like so have now give in unless anyone has any ideas??
> > >
> > > Tried Oxygen Phone Manager but still no luck it will not connect!!
> > >
> > > I get around it by sending any dates I create on phone to my PDA via
> > > bluetooth then when I sync PDA via bluetooth it syncs with Outlook on
PC
> > bit
> > > long winded I know but only way I can see of doing it!!!
> > >

> > You don't need Oxygen, because PCsuite works fine with Outlook (I never
> > succeeded in using Oxigen on my 6600 so it was waisted money for me)
> > After the message "...Com0" , always an error will be reported (thats
> > normal). The problems I had were caused by my Firewall en an internal
> modem.
> > It works fine on my laptop, but does not work on my PC, because I guess
> > use a modem for banking. It took me also one night without sleep before
> it
> > worked. Sometimes I still have problems which mostly are solved after
> > restarting my laptop and/or my 6600.

Anonymous
August 7, 2004 11:46:01 AM

"NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:<xMMQc.405$LA.106@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net>...
> I have now give up trying to connect with Pc Suite come to the conclusion it
> is a problem with Belkin bluetooth dongle.
> Everytime I try and make a virtual com port it uses Com0 which phone does
> not like so have now give in unless anyone has any ideas??
>
> Tried Oxygen Phone Manager but still no luck it will not connect!!
>
> I get around it by sending any dates I create on phone to my PDA via
> bluetooth then when I sync PDA via bluetooth it syncs with Outlook on PC bit
> long winded I know but only way I can see of doing it!!!

Please, make sure, that you are using correct version of Oxygen Phone
Manager. You should use Oxygen Phone Manager for Symbian OS phones (
http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ). Common Oxygen Phone Manager II for
non-Symbian phones won't function with Nokia 6600.

If you are using Oxygen Phone Manager for Symbian OS phones (
http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ), connection sequence should be the
following:

1) Install Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones
2) Pair your phone with PC
3) Beam opmagent.sis utility to your phone. By default, you can find
opmagent in X:\Program Files\Oxygen\SymbianOPM\Agent\Nokia , where X:-
is the letter of disk drive, where your operating system is installed
4) Open incoming beamed message on your phone and install OPMAgent as
per instructions.
5) Break bluetooth connection and unpair phone
6) Disable bluetooth connection in Nokia mrouter (tiny Nokia PC Suite
agent). Also, changing COM port for bluetooth connection in Nokia
mrouter may be required: just set COM1 as 'bluetooth' port in mrouter
in order to free bluetooth virtual ports for Oxygen Phone Manager II
and then disable bluetooth connection completely in Nokia mrouter on
your machine.
7) Make sure, that Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones isn't
running
8) Go in your phone's main menu
9) Start opmagent
10) Select 'Options' -> 'Start BT' exchange. Select your PC in order
to establish connection, enter confirmation codes on PC and on your
phone and accept connection by 'Bluetooth serial port' service on your
PC (if asked). Please, do not try to establish connection from 'My
bluetooth places' folder. In case of Oxygen Phone Manager II for
Symbian phones you are connecting computer to your smartphone and not
vice versa and, in this case, opmagent on your phone plays the same
role, as 'My bluetooth places' folder on your PC.
11) Start Oxygen Phone Manager for Symbian OS phones.
12) Press 'F5' button in order to detect the phone.

If you are in search of some drivers for your bluetooth device or if
you have any questions, concerning bluetooth communications, feel free
to browse and post in corresponding thread of our public forum:

http://www.oxygenphonemanager.com/forum/postlist.php?Ca...

If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 6:51:04 PM

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 14:41:33 GMT, "NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>I have now give up trying to connect with Pc Suite come to the conclusion it
>is a problem with Belkin bluetooth dongle.
>Everytime I try and make a virtual com port it uses Com0 which phone does
>not like so have now give in unless anyone has any ideas??
>
>Tried Oxygen Phone Manager but still no luck it will not connect!!

Now that's strange, I can't get PCS to work with bt, but oxygen seems ok. I set
it to use COM18. remember to set your bluetooth to use COM18 for the _client_
applications. For some reason, oxy didn't like COM 9, but its' ok using 18...

Chris Pollard

http://www.cginternet.net
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 6:51:05 PM

How do you set what com port to use??

It will not let me change numbers!!

"Christopher Pollard" <rubbish@cginternet.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 14:41:33 GMT, "NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> >I have now give up trying to connect with Pc Suite come to the conclusion
it
> >is a problem with Belkin bluetooth dongle.
> >Everytime I try and make a virtual com port it uses Com0 which phone does
> >not like so have now give in unless anyone has any ideas??
> >
> >Tried Oxygen Phone Manager but still no luck it will not connect!!
>
> Now that's strange, I can't get PCS to work with bt, but oxygen seems ok.
I set
> it to use COM18. remember to set your bluetooth to use COM18 for the
_client_
> applications. For some reason, oxy didn't like COM 9, but its' ok using
18...

> Chris Pollard
>
> --
> CG Internet café, Tagum City, Philippines
> http://www.cginternet.net
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 6:51:06 PM

did you see my suggestion in your thread?
my point was that with using mrouter3beta, no com settings were necessary at
all, it connects directly with the phone instead of using a bluetooth serial
port connection in between.
but to answer question below, right click bluetooth icon in tray, cloose
setup - configuration. go to tab 'local services' and find the row for
'Bluetooth Serial Port'. The com port nr. in the rightmost column should
correspond to the one selected in mrouter. if you doubleclick the row he
should ask for a com port.
but you say that's not the case? then I can only suggest you try what I
suggested you earlier.
good luck!

> How do you set what com port to use??
>
> It will not let me change numbers!!
>

> "Christopher Pollard" <rubbish@cginternet.net> wrote in message
> > On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 14:41:33 GMT, "NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >
> > >I have now give up trying to connect with Pc Suite come to the
conclusion
> it
> > >is a problem with Belkin bluetooth dongle.
> > >Everytime I try and make a virtual com port it uses Com0 which phone
does
> > >not like so have now give in unless anyone has any ideas??
> > >
> > >Tried Oxygen Phone Manager but still no luck it will not connect!!
> >
> > Now that's strange, I can't get PCS to work with bt, but oxygen seems
ok.
> I set
> > it to use COM18. remember to set your bluetooth to use COM18 for the
> _client_
> > applications. For some reason, oxy didn't like COM 9, but its' ok using
> 18...
> >

> > Chris Pollard
> >
> > --
> > CG Internet café, Tagum City, Philippines
> > http://www.cginternet.net

Anonymous
August 7, 2004 8:08:03 PM

I'm getting so pissed off here now I downloaded mrouter 3 beta and now that
will not install keeps saying its a corrupted executable file & to download
again which I have done quite a few times and same error message????

"Faiser" <faiser@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> did you see my suggestion in your thread?
> my point was that with using mrouter3beta, no com settings were necessary
at
> all, it connects directly with the phone instead of using a bluetooth
serial
> port connection in between.
> but to answer question below, right click bluetooth icon in tray, cloose
> setup - configuration. go to tab 'local services' and find the row for
> 'Bluetooth Serial Port'. The com port nr. in the rightmost column should
> correspond to the one selected in mrouter. if you doubleclick the row he
> should ask for a com port.
> but you say that's not the case? then I can only suggest you try what I
> suggested you earlier.
> good luck!
>

> "NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > How do you set what com port to use??
> >
> > It will not let me change numbers!!
> >

> > "Christopher Pollard" <rubbish@cginternet.net> wrote in message

> conclusion
> > it
> does

> > > Now that's strange, I can't get PCS to work with bt, but oxygen seems
> ok.
> > I set
> > > it to use COM18. remember to set your bluetooth to use COM18 for the
> > _client_
> > > applications. For some reason, oxy didn't like COM 9, but its' ok
using
> > 18...
> > >

> > > Chris Pollard
> > >
> > > --
> > > CG Internet café, Tagum City, Philippines
> > > http://www.cginternet.net

Anonymous
August 8, 2004 2:25:59 PM

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 09:35:24 GMT, "NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> wrote:

Greetings fellow Ixie! (tht will have the others wondering...)

>How do you set what com port to use??
>
>It will not let me change numbers!!

for the bluetooth, or oxygen?

In bt you right click the tray icon, select advanced configuration, selsce the
'client applications' tab, double click 'Bluetooth serial port' (on mine it's
bottom of the list, and you can select it there.

In oxygen it's under configuration (I think. it's at home, not here at the
office so I can't check.) The Oxygen help explains this too.

Chris Pollard

http://www.cginternet.net
Anonymous
August 8, 2004 2:28:42 PM

can't help you here :(  got my download from the intuwave site and it
installed ok

"NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:D 77Rc.561$JW6.56@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net...
> I'm getting so pissed off here now I downloaded mrouter 3 beta and now
that
> will not install keeps saying its a corrupted executable file & to
download
> again which I have done quite a few times and same error message????
>

> "Faiser" <faiser@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > did you see my suggestion in your thread?
> > my point was that with using mrouter3beta, no com settings were
necessary
> at
> > all, it connects directly with the phone instead of using a bluetooth
> serial
> > port connection in between.
> > but to answer question below, right click bluetooth icon in tray, cloose
> > setup - configuration. go to tab 'local services' and find the row for
> > 'Bluetooth Serial Port'. The com port nr. in the rightmost column
should
> > correspond to the one selected in mrouter. if you doubleclick the row
he
> > should ask for a com port.
> > but you say that's not the case? then I can only suggest you try what I
> > suggested you earlier.
> > good luck!
> >

> > "NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > > How do you set what com port to use??
> > >
> > > It will not let me change numbers!!
> > >

> > > "Christopher Pollard" <rubbish@cginternet.net> wrote in message

> > conclusion
> > > it
> > does

> > ok.
> > > I set
> > > _client_
> using
> > > 18...

Anonymous
August 9, 2004 2:31:46 PM

> can't help you here :(  got my download from the intuwave site and it
> installed ok

where did you get it from on the intuwave.com website. I can't see it.

Gary

--
Self-referencing
Five, seven, five syllables

http://www.intuwave.com/index.php?page=download

"Gary Pigott" <usenet@garypigott.net> wrote in message
> "Faiser" <faiser@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > can't help you here :(  got my download from the intuwave site and it
> > installed ok
>

> where did you get it from on the intuwave.com website. I can't see it.
>
> Gary
>
> --
> Self-referencing
> Five, seven, five syllables
> This haiku contains
> http://garypigott.net

Anonymous
August 11, 2004 4:34:09 AM

Hmm, Follwed the instructions and the OPMAgent connects fine to the
PC, but when I open Oxygen and searches for a phone, it doesn't find
aynthing.?.?.

On 7 Aug 2004 07:46:01 -0700, support@opm-2.com (Oxygen Software)
wrote:

> [...]
>PC (if asked). Please, do not try to establish connection from 'My
>bluetooth places' folder. In case of Oxygen Phone Manager II for
>Symbian phones you are connecting computer to your smartphone and not
>vice versa and, in this case, opmagent on your phone plays the same
>role, as 'My bluetooth places' folder on your PC.
>11) Start Oxygen Phone Manager for Symbian OS phones.
>12) Press 'F5' button in order to detect the phone.
>
>If you are in search of some drivers for your bluetooth device or if
>you have any questions, concerning bluetooth communications, feel free
>to browse and post in corresponding thread of our public forum:
>
>http://www.oxygenphonemanager.com/forum/postlist.php?Ca...
>
>If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
>Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
>Oxygen Phone Manager - all you want from your Nokia
August 11, 2004 2:27:12 PM

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 00:34:09 +0200, Truckster <aa@aa.aa> wrote:

>Hmm, Follwed the instructions and the OPMAgent connects fine to the
>PC, but when I open Oxygen and searches for a phone, it doesn't find
>aynthing.?.?.

Check your COM port settings, in the bluetooth advanced settings, _client_
applications > bluetooth serial port.
FWIW, mine wouldn't connect until I set this (and in oxygen config) to COM18. It
was previously COM9 but for some reason Oxy didn't like this setting.

Chris Pollard

http://www.cginternet.net
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 2:53:04 AM

Yes but I can't go higher than COM10 and I've tried all COM ports and
still no luck:(  Oxygen dont't even try to search for a phone. Nothing
happens when I press F5 or click "Search for phone"

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:27:12 +0800, Christopher Pollard
<rubbish@cginternet.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 00:34:09 +0200, Truckster <aa@aa.aa> wrote:
>
>>Hmm, Follwed the instructions and the OPMAgent connects fine to the
>>PC, but when I open Oxygen and searches for a phone, it doesn't find
>>aynthing.?.?.
>
>Check your COM port settings, in the bluetooth advanced settings, _client_
>applications > bluetooth serial port.
>FWIW, mine wouldn't connect until I set this (and in oxygen config) to COM18. It
>was previously COM9 but for some reason Oxy didn't like this setting.
>

>Chris Pollard
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 9:06:35 AM

Truckster <aa@aa.aa> wrote in message news:<vajih0hutvkgov622cbi8vuihsm3e4jcno@4ax.com>...
> Hmm, Follwed the instructions and the OPMAgent connects fine to the
> PC, but when I open Oxygen and searches for a phone, it doesn't find
> aynthing.?.?.

Thank you for your reply!

1) Please, make sure, that you have turned Bluetooth connection off in
Nokia mrouter, as this may occupy the whole bluetooth connection. In
same cases, complete Nokia PC Suite uninstall may be required.

2) In 'Tools'-> 'Options' in our program you should have only
Bluetooth connection turned on. Also you should set here COM port,
assigned for 'Bluetooth serial port' service from Local Services
category. You can view this COM port's number in 'My computer' ->
'Control panel' (in classic windows desktop) -> 'Bluetooth
configuration' -> 'Local services' -> 'Bluetooth serial port' ->
'Properties' Please, don't modify this number. Just set in 'Tools' ->
'Options' in our program.

3) If you are using Windows XP and have Service Pack 2 installed,
please, uninstall it. Also Microsoft Patch Q323183 may block proper
bluetooth connection.

4) If nothing helps, please, try to browse corresponding sections of
our forum:

http://www.oxygenphonemanager.com/forum/postlist.php?Ca...
http://www.oxygenphonemanager.com/forum/postlist.php?Ca...

There are some advices from our customers.

Doe this help?

If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 1:56:22 PM

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:53:04 +0200, Truckster <aa@qq.qq> wrote:

>Yes but I can't go higher than COM10 and I've tried all COM ports and
>still no luck:(  Oxygen dont't even try to search for a phone. Nothing
>happens when I press F5 or click "Search for phone"

I noticed that, nothing _appears_ to happen, but it does search. It would be
better if there were some visual clue though, like an hourglass or something,
just so you know its' responding...

Chris Pollard

http://www.cginternet.net
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 6:39:17 PM

"Oxygen Software" <support@opm-2.com> schreef in bericht

> 3) If you are using Windows XP and have Service Pack 2 installed,
> please, uninstall it. Also Microsoft Patch Q323183 may block proper
> bluetooth connection.

But MS integrated now BT in XP (sp2) so I guess (also security reasons) it
is not wise to uninstall it. Wouldn it be better that Oxigen writes an
update?
I hope that XP sp2 solved the problems connecting to BT, wihout using other
software.
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 1:47:10 AM

Someone surgested that I installed the newest WIDCOMM drivers, so I
upgrated from 1.4.1 to 1.4.3.

It took a while but BINGO, there it was:)  The phone connected
instantly without pressing f5. Weee

Thx all
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 4:08:21 AM

"Oxygen Software" <support@opm-2.com> wrote in message
> 3) If you are using Windows XP and have Service Pack 2 installed,
> please, uninstall it. Also Microsoft Patch Q323183 may block proper
> bluetooth connection.

So you think that reducing the security on the user's PC is a good idea?
August 13, 2004 4:44:38 PM

On 12 Aug 2004 05:06:35 -0700, support@opm-2.com (Oxygen Software)
said:

<snipped>

>3) If you are using Windows XP and have Service Pack 2 installed,
>please, uninstall it.

This is without doubt the most stupid thing that I have ever seen any
'company' ever say about anything.

You win the prize. Congratulations.
--
Mojo.
Anonymous

"Klaas Ensing" <klaase01@home.nl> wrote in message news:<cffodn$56d$1@news2.tilbu1.nb.home.nl>...
> "Oxygen Software" <support@opm-2.com> schreef in bericht
> >
> > 3) If you are using Windows XP and have Service Pack 2 installed,
> > please, uninstall it. Also Microsoft Patch Q323183 may block proper
> > bluetooth connection.
> >

> But MS integrated now BT in XP (sp2) so I guess (also security reasons) it
> is not wise to uninstall it. Wouldn it be better that Oxigen writes an
> update?
> I hope that XP sp2 solved the problems connecting to BT, wihout using other
> software.

The problem is, that MS Bluetooth stack seems to block Bluetooth
communication for Widcom drivers. We are now working on this problem,
indeed.

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/
Anonymous
August 18, 2004 8:30:11 AM

Truckster <aa@qq.qq> wrote in message news:<k0inh0dq3t7implp24c2t1vqu19rj8binq@4ax.com>...
> Someone surgested that I installed the newest WIDCOMM drivers, so I
> upgrated from 1.4.1 to 1.4.3.
>
> It took a while but BINGO, there it was:)  The phone connected
> instantly without pressing f5. Weee

In most cases, upgrade to the newest drivers works. But in some case
one may need to perform additional adjustments for bluetooth device (
see our forum http://www.opm-2.com/forum/ ).

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 11:16:55 AM

"Klaas Ensing" <klaase01@home.nl> wrote in message news:<cffodn$56d$1@news2.tilbu1.nb.home.nl>...
> "Oxygen Software" <support@opm-2.com> schreef in bericht
> >
> > 3) If you are using Windows XP and have Service Pack 2 installed,
> > please, uninstall it. Also Microsoft Patch Q323183 may block proper
> > bluetooth connection.
> >

> But MS integrated now BT in XP (sp2) so I guess (also security reasons) it
> is not wise to uninstall it. Wouldn it be better that Oxigen writes an
> update?
> I hope that XP sp2 solved the problems connecting to BT, wihout using other
> software.

Now we have completed thorough instructions for connecting
Symbian-based smartphones with native Microsoft bluetooth stack. At
present it is avaialable only in .RTF format by e-mail request, but we
are working also on online HTML and PDF versions of these
instructions.

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 12:51:46 AM

Quoth The Raven "Oxygen Software <support@opm-2.com>" in
68c0a433.0408070646.3bd8f33e@posting.google.com
> "NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> I have now give up trying to connect with Pc Suite come to the
>> conclusion it is a problem with Belkin bluetooth dongle.
>> Everytime I try and make a virtual com port it uses Com0 which phone
>> does not like so have now give in unless anyone has any ideas??
>>
>> Tried Oxygen Phone Manager but still no luck it will not connect!!
>>
>> I get around it by sending any dates I create on phone to my PDA via
>> bluetooth then when I sync PDA via bluetooth it syncs with Outlook on
>> PC bit long winded I know but only way I can see of doing it!!!
>

> Please, make sure, that you are using correct version of Oxygen Phone
> Manager. You should use Oxygen Phone Manager for Symbian OS phones (
> http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ). Common Oxygen Phone Manager II for
> non-Symbian phones won't function with Nokia 6600.
>
> If you are using Oxygen Phone Manager for Symbian OS phones (
> http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ), connection sequence should be the
> following:
>
> 1) Install Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones
> 2) Pair your phone with PC
> 3) Beam opmagent.sis utility to your phone. By default, you can find
> opmagent in X:\Program Files\Oxygen\SymbianOPM\Agent\Nokia , where X:-
> is the letter of disk drive, where your operating system is installed
> 4) Open incoming beamed message on your phone and install OPMAgent as
> per instructions.
> 5) Break bluetooth connection and unpair phone
> 6) Disable bluetooth connection in Nokia mrouter (tiny Nokia PC Suite
> agent). Also, changing COM port for bluetooth connection in Nokia
> mrouter may be required: just set COM1 as 'bluetooth' port in mrouter
> in order to free bluetooth virtual ports for Oxygen Phone Manager II
> and then disable bluetooth connection completely in Nokia mrouter on
> your machine.
> 7) Make sure, that Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones isn't
> running
> 8) Go in your phone's main menu
> 9) Start opmagent
> 10) Select 'Options' -> 'Start BT' exchange. Select your PC in order
> to establish connection, enter confirmation codes on PC and on your
> phone and accept connection by 'Bluetooth serial port' service on your
> PC (if asked). Please, do not try to establish connection from 'My
> bluetooth places' folder. In case of Oxygen Phone Manager II for
> Symbian phones you are connecting computer to your smartphone and not
> vice versa and, in this case, opmagent on your phone plays the same
> role, as 'My bluetooth places' folder on your PC.
> 11) Start Oxygen Phone Manager for Symbian OS phones.
> 12) Press 'F5' button in order to detect the phone.

oh come one, I liked your software for older phones, it was unbeatable, but
now your asking us to have to computer profiles, one to run your software,
and another to run everything else. cant you figure out your software to run
alongside of nokia and m-router3b and logomanager?

--
Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

Psssst! Hey you! Look out! Behind you!
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 12:55:19 AM

Quoth The Raven "Oxygen Software <support@opm-2.com>" in
68c0a433.0408120406.31bcce4a@posting.google.com
> Truckster <aa@aa.aa> wrote in message
>> Hmm, Follwed the instructions and the OPMAgent connects fine to the
>> PC, but when I open Oxygen and searches for a phone, it doesn't find
>> aynthing.?.?.
>
> Thank you for your reply!
>
> 1) Please, make sure, that you have turned Bluetooth connection off in
> Nokia mrouter, as this may occupy the whole bluetooth connection. In
> same cases, complete Nokia PC Suite uninstall may be required.
>
> 2) In 'Tools'-> 'Options' in our program you should have only
> Bluetooth connection turned on. Also you should set here COM port,
> assigned for 'Bluetooth serial port' service from Local Services
> category. You can view this COM port's number in 'My computer' ->
> 'Control panel' (in classic windows desktop) -> 'Bluetooth
> configuration' -> 'Local services' -> 'Bluetooth serial port' ->
> 'Properties' Please, don't modify this number. Just set in 'Tools' ->
> 'Options' in our program.
>
> 3) If you are using Windows XP and have Service Pack 2 installed,
> please, uninstall it. Also Microsoft Patch Q323183 may block proper
> bluetooth connection.

again, cant you make your software compatible with XP-sp2 and nokia's
software, rather than suggest we uninstall the lot just for your software?

--
Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 12:55:20 AM

"Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote in message news:<2qg3t4Fuv5maU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> Quoth The Raven "Oxygen Software <support@opm-2.com>" in
> 68c0a433.0408120406.31bcce4a@posting.google.com
> > Truckster <aa@aa.aa> wrote in message
> >> Hmm, Follwed the instructions and the OPMAgent connects fine to the
> >> PC, but when I open Oxygen and searches for a phone, it doesn't find
> >> aynthing.?.?.
> >
> > Thank you for your reply!
> >
> > 1) Please, make sure, that you have turned Bluetooth connection off in
> > Nokia mrouter, as this may occupy the whole bluetooth connection. In
> > same cases, complete Nokia PC Suite uninstall may be required.
> >
> > 2) In 'Tools'-> 'Options' in our program you should have only
> > Bluetooth connection turned on. Also you should set here COM port,
> > assigned for 'Bluetooth serial port' service from Local Services
> > category. You can view this COM port's number in 'My computer' ->
> > 'Control panel' (in classic windows desktop) -> 'Bluetooth
> > configuration' -> 'Local services' -> 'Bluetooth serial port' ->
> > 'Properties' Please, don't modify this number. Just set in 'Tools' ->
> > 'Options' in our program.
> >
> > 3) If you are using Windows XP and have Service Pack 2 installed,
> > please, uninstall it. Also Microsoft Patch Q323183 may block proper
> > bluetooth connection.
>
> again, cant you make your software compatible with XP-sp2 and nokia's
> software, rather than suggest we uninstall the lot just for your software?

Any version of Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian-based phones is
compatible with Microsoft native bluetooth drivers indeed. Now we've
prepared complete instructions on setting Microsoft bluetooth drivers
up with our program. Most of problems were involved by a bit different
logic of Microsoft stack than in Widcomm one. Now instruction is
available in RTF format by e-mail request. Next week we plan to
prepare online version of these instructions in PDF or HTML format.

If you wish to get this instruction ( approx. 3 megabytes because of
screenshots) by e-mail, just send corresponding request to our
technical support department.

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 12:56:13 AM

Quoth The Raven "Truckster <aa@qq.qq>" in
k0inh0dq3t7implp24c2t1vqu19rj8binq@4ax.com
> Someone surgested that I installed the newest WIDCOMM drivers, so I
> upgrated from 1.4.1 to 1.4.3.
>
> It took a while but BINGO, there it was:)  The phone connected
> instantly without pressing f5. Weee
>
> Thx all

where did you get the drivers from?

--
Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

Why do we say something is out of whack? What's a whack?
Anonymous
September 19, 2004 3:32:00 AM

Bloody hell,all that work for what? I just use widcomm dongle , its software
and the latest 1.4.3 drivers..I can see the root
dir.,wright,delete,rename,cut,paste etc. just about everything.

> "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> > Quoth The Raven "Oxygen Software <support@opm-2.com>" in
> > 68c0a433.0408120406.31bcce4a@posting.google.com
> > > Truckster <aa@aa.aa> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Thank you for your reply!
> > >
> > > 1) Please, make sure, that you have turned Bluetooth connection off in
> > > Nokia mrouter, as this may occupy the whole bluetooth connection. In
> > > same cases, complete Nokia PC Suite uninstall may be required.
> > >
> > > 2) In 'Tools'-> 'Options' in our program you should have only
> > > Bluetooth connection turned on. Also you should set here COM port,
> > > assigned for 'Bluetooth serial port' service from Local Services
> > > category. You can view this COM port's number in 'My computer' ->
> > > 'Control panel' (in classic windows desktop) -> 'Bluetooth
> > > configuration' -> 'Local services' -> 'Bluetooth serial port' ->
> > > 'Properties' Please, don't modify this number. Just set in 'Tools' ->
> > > 'Options' in our program.
> > >
> > > 3) If you are using Windows XP and have Service Pack 2 installed,
> > > please, uninstall it. Also Microsoft Patch Q323183 may block proper
> > > bluetooth connection.
> >
> > again, cant you make your software compatible with XP-sp2 and nokia's
> > software, rather than suggest we uninstall the lot just for your
software?

> Any version of Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian-based phones is
> compatible with Microsoft native bluetooth drivers indeed. Now we've
> prepared complete instructions on setting Microsoft bluetooth drivers
> up with our program. Most of problems were involved by a bit different
> logic of Microsoft stack than in Widcomm one. Now instruction is
> available in RTF format by e-mail request. Next week we plan to
> prepare online version of these instructions in PDF or HTML format.
>
> If you wish to get this instruction ( approx. 3 megabytes because of
> screenshots) by e-mail, just send corresponding request to our
> technical support department.
>
> If you have any questions and/or suggestions, concerning our
> program, feel free to post them on our official forum
> http://www.opm-2.com/forum/
>
> Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
> Oxygen Phone Manager - all you want from your Nokia
> support@oxygensoftware.com
> http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
> http://www.smsactivex.com/
Anonymous
September 19, 2004 10:29:46 AM

"Aussie" <yeah@meybe.com> wrote in message news:<aNW2d.161$Cs.14785@nnrp1.ozemail.com.au>...

Thank you for your reply!

Genuine Widcomm drivers may come in conflict with native Bluetooth
drivers from Microsoft. Now we've released complete guide for
bluetooth connection under Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 with
native drivers in .PDF format. You can read it here:

http://www.opm-2.com/download/WinXP_SP2_Native_Bluetoot...

> Bloody hell,all that work for what? I just use widcomm dongle , its software
> and the latest 1.4.3 drivers..I can see the root
> dir.,wright,delete,rename,cut,paste etc. just about everything.
>

> "Oxygen Software" <support@opm-2.com> wrote in message
> > "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> > > Quoth The Raven "Oxygen Software <support@opm-2.com>" in
> > > 68c0a433.0408120406.31bcce4a@posting.google.com

> > > again, cant you make your software compatible with XP-sp2 and nokia's
> > > software, rather than suggest we uninstall the lot just for your
> software?
> >
> > Any version of Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian-based phones is
> > compatible with Microsoft native bluetooth drivers indeed. Now we've
> > prepared complete instructions on setting Microsoft bluetooth drivers
> > up with our program. Most of problems were involved by a bit different
> > logic of Microsoft stack than in Widcomm one. Now instruction is
> > available in RTF format by e-mail request. Next week we plan to
> > prepare online version of these instructions in PDF or HTML format.
> >
> > If you wish to get this instruction ( approx. 3 megabytes because of
> > screenshots) by e-mail, just send corresponding request to our
> > technical support department.
> >
> > If you have any questions and/or suggestions, concerning our
> > program, feel free to post them on our official forum
> > http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/
Anonymous
September 19, 2004 12:01:58 PM

"Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote in message news:<2qg3mrFv3ed8U2@uni-berlin.de>...
> [...]
> > to establish connection, enter confirmation codes on PC and on your
> > phone and accept connection by 'Bluetooth serial port' service on your
> > PC (if asked). Please, do not try to establish connection from 'My
> > bluetooth places' folder. In case of Oxygen Phone Manager II for
> > Symbian phones you are connecting computer to your smartphone and not
> > vice versa and, in this case, opmagent on your phone plays the same
> > role, as 'My bluetooth places' folder on your PC.
> > 11) Start Oxygen Phone Manager for Symbian OS phones.
> > 12) Press 'F5' button in order to detect the phone.
>
> oh come one, I liked your software for older phones, it was unbeatable, but
> now your asking us to have to computer profiles, one to run your software,
> and another to run everything else. cant you figure out your software to run
> alongside of nokia and m-router3b and logomanager?

There is no need to adjust separate profile for Oxygen Phone Manager
II for Symbian OS phones ( http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ). Our
software uses just different virtual Bluetooth serial port, than Nokia
PC Suite does, but you can run the both programs under the same
profile. You should, just, don't forget to turn Bluetooth connection
off in Nokia mrouter right before running Oxygen Phone Manager II for
Symbian OS phones. Indeed, you can use Nokia PC Suite after closing
Oxygen Phone Manager II under the same profile. The problem is, that
two program's cannot use bluetooth connection at the same time, but
this isn't anyhow related to PC profile settings.

!