Bruce

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Can someone give some more advice on how to get rid of these viruses?
AVG picks them up and deletes them [in virus vault] later they are back
What are they & why come back
Trojan horse Dropper.Small.12.S @ C:\temp\NCasePackage.exe

Trojan horse Dropper.Agent.4.AH @ C:\temp\EDowPack.exe

Trojan horse Downloader.Dyfica.3.R @ C:\temp\optimize.exe

Thanks Bruce

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Bruce,

These pests are probably hiding copies of themselves in your System Restore
points. The only way to get rid of them is to disable System Restore,
reboot and run AVG again. When you then see that no viruses are reported,
enable System Restore again, if so desired. Check the AVG Virus Vault to
make sure there is nothing in there. Delete anything AVG reports in the
Virus Vault.

You should also be running a firewall and a spyware scanner of some kind.

"Bruce" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Can someone give some more advice on how to get rid of these viruses?
> AVG picks them up and deletes them [in virus vault] later they are back
> What are they & why come back
> Trojan horse Dropper.Small.12.S @ C:\temp\NCasePackage.exe
>
> Trojan horse Dropper.Agent.4.AH @ C:\temp\EDowPack.exe
>
> Trojan horse Downloader.Dyfica.3.R @ C:\temp\optimize.exe
>
> Thanks Bruce

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

In news:uh8GdanSFHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Bruce <blaray@gmail.com> had this to say:

> Can someone give some more advice on how to get rid of these viruses?
> AVG picks them up and deletes them [in virus vault] later they are
> back What are they & why come back
> Trojan horse Dropper.Small.12.S @ C:\temp\NCasePackage.exe
>
> Trojan horse Dropper.Agent.4.AH @ C:\temp\EDowPack.exe
>
> Trojan horse Downloader.Dyfica.3.R @ C:\temp\optimize.exe
>
> Thanks Bruce

Do your scan in safe mode with the latest definitions. In safe mode they
won't be loaded so they won't be able to recreate themselves.

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes