Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

GTX 680 Flickering problem. Help!

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
June 8, 2012 2:32:14 AM

I currently have the 301.42 drivers and EVGA Precision X to manage my 680.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpm-9OKA-AI&feature=yout...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL0DolXU8fg&feature=yout...

These two videos show my issue. Shadows look horrible! They are always blocky and striped. I get flickering like this in most of my games. How can I fix it? I have a 1050w PSU so that isn't the issue. I also tried setting the clocks to default and it still flickers. It is really irritating.

More about : gtx 680 flickering problem

a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2012 2:35:56 AM

have you overclocked it? maybe the oc settings isnt stable.
what is the brand of your psu.

Sometimes the 300.42 drivers cause problems to the new gtx 680 and gtx670. uninstall the drivers and then install the original drivers from the driver cd that came with the gpu and see if the problem still exists.
m
l
June 8, 2012 2:37:29 AM

I have it at stock clocks atm. My PSU is a Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1050w

I will try to roll back the drivers.

Thanks for your reply!
m
l
Related resources
June 8, 2012 3:16:41 AM

Still appears stripy and blocky shadows. Darn it! Help?
m
l
June 8, 2012 5:32:24 AM

This happens with some other games too. Including Battlefield 3 and Garry's Mod.
m
l
June 8, 2012 5:58:42 AM

I FOUND THE ISSUE - Ambient Occlusion. Whenever I enable it, I see a ton of shimmering in several games. Guess I just need to wait until the next driver update then. Or if anyone knows a fix?
m
l
June 26, 2012 2:21:25 PM

i have recently purchased a new set up,

Gigabyte ud5
I7 3770k @3.5 cpnx10 peforma
Kfa2 GTX 680, stock
8 gig kingston hyperx 1600

purchased form overclockers

when i installed my system, had issues with the fans running to quite like they were not even spinning and when i opened my case i found that the cpu cooler wasnt even running looking into this i found that i had a setting in the bios that allowed the cooler to stop should the cpu temp reach that a level where it was not needed. i was a little sceptical about this so changed the setting accordingly i then proceeded with nvidia control panel and began altering the 3d setting to max! i wan thinking as this is a top end card it should be able to run anything smooth as silk, however when i installed Crysis which to be fair is one hell of a test, I was not totally blown away with the frame rates thinking that id be hitting 90 to 100 fps, i was topping out at around 60 and dropping as low as 25ish, so I tweaked the card to squeeze some more frames out of the card, and now my screen in darker areas has a flicker im not sure if i have pushed it too hard or not.

looking at the temp the card has reached, its only hit 69 as a max! however checking out the running temps of the card they are said to be fine right past 85 degrees so im not entirely sure as to why i am getting this flicker,

I find that in games like battlefield3/maxpayne3/crysis 2 etc I get i hint of screen flicker across the screen and you can see it mostly in dark areas, now im not sure what the problem is, the monitor is quite old however, im sure that its not the issue as the desktop never flickers, the card while idle sits anywhere between 25 and 30 degrees however as soon as there is any load on the card the temp rise and within a matter of minuets the card is getting to 50+

i have all the latest drivers,

is this normal and can any one help resolve the flickering?
m
l