PSU died, need help

hitman01

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
4 months after i built my pc, my psu died, its a corsair cx 500w, and i am very disappointed, i know its because of the psu because its making a weird sound when it starts then immediately shuts down, i also changed it with another psu and worked fine, but the other PSU is an advance atx 5100, and i am worried if it would fry my rig, (6770, g620, wd 250 gb), i am going to use the advance until i get a new psu and i have to choose between these ones :

AEROCOOL STRIKE-X POWER 500W
COOLER MASTER GX LITE 600W
ANTEC VP550P BASIQ 550W

the other problem is that i took out the fan from the advance one i had as a backup, now i dont know how i should place it back

jrayx

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
Of those 3 PSU, Antec will be my choice. Aerocool and Cooler Master makes bad quality PSU and it can damage your system if it fails.
Take a look at Seasonic PSU, great quality and guarantee.

Hi - of those you listed - Antec is the clear choice - the other two are "bottom feeders" in terms of quality.

hitman01

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
I do not get it

Antec has 540W and two +12V rails 30 Amperes each, and it's not certified with any of the 80+ certificates, and not made by seasonic
Strike X-500 is made by Andyson, it has 492Watts, 41 Amperes on a single +12V rail and it's certified with 80+ Bronze certificate

so how come antec is better? :D

Brand Quality is why Antec is better. Aerocool has some bad PSU's out there,
anytime you see "no", "poor", & " failed" relating to voltage it isn't good.
a sampling of some of their reviews:

I don't believe anybody on here suggested the Antec basiq was made by Seasonic,
PSU resellers typically don't use Seasonic on their budget lines, but on step up lines.

AeroCool
MODEL WATTS PROBLEMS AND ISSUES REVIEWS
E85M-550 550 Did not meet Bronze effcieincy at load. Voltage regulation failed on -12V rail during light load test. Ripple and noise high at 550 watts. Hardware Secrets
V12XT 600 Did not meet Bronze effcieincy at load. Voltage regulation failed on -12V rail during light load test. Ripple and noise high at 600 watts. Hardware Secrets
VP-550 550 No certification. No dedicated voltage regulation. Poor cross-load voltage stability. +3.3V, +5V, and +12V rails went out of spec. Xbit Laboratories
VP-650 650 No certification. No dedicated voltage regulation. Poor cross-load voltage stability. +3.3V, +5V, and +12V rails went out of spec. Xbit Laboratories
VP-750 750 No certification. Poor cross-load voltage stability. Xbit Laboratories