Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Installed a new OS, need help with CCC

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
June 8, 2012 3:21:44 AM

So i installed windows 7 32 bit today on the laptop and also replaced the hard drive, but when i started it up it was all bulky and such and i lost my dual monitor function. So i ask a friend why its all bulky and looks stretched out and he says its because i don't have drivers installed for my graphics card. I have no idea where to even find the graphics drivers, im use a ATI radeon graphics, and AMD athalon x2".

If someone could please help me i would really appreciate it. :]

Thanks

~Austin

More about : installed ccc

Best solution

a c 291 U Graphics card
June 8, 2012 3:26:01 AM

Go here:
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

If you don't know your model, hit Download Now just below Automatically Detect and Install label ;) .
a c 191 U Graphics card
June 8, 2012 3:27:48 AM

What is the model of your laptop if you don't know the GPU.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
June 8, 2012 3:28:27 AM

Sunius said:
Go here:
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

If you don't know your model, hit Download Now just below Automatically Detect and Install label ;) .

Will i get the CCC if i do it through AMD?
m
l
Anonymous
June 8, 2012 3:31:03 AM

Quote:
What is your GPU?

Its a Toshiba, and the number is PSLC0U-02701G
m
l
a c 99 U Graphics card
June 8, 2012 3:35:33 AM

I believe the laptop versions it's called the AMD Vision Engine. You should download the correct driver. Don't get any desktop drivers. Get the laptop/mobile drivers for your specific graphics card.
m
l
a c 99 U Graphics card
June 8, 2012 3:52:07 AM

Download both and install both.
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
June 8, 2012 4:40:53 AM

First one includes the second one, so if you install the first one (Catalyst software suite) it will install both drivers and CCC.

fantastik250 said:
I believe the laptop versions it's called the AMD Vision Engine. You should download the correct driver. Don't get any desktop drivers. Get the laptop/mobile drivers for your specific graphics card.

Actually, AMD Vision Engine appears only when you have both AMD CPU and Graphics card, and is not exclusive neither to desktops nor laptops. It's just name change, that's it.
m
l
Anonymous
June 8, 2012 4:49:18 AM

Sunius said:
First one includes the second one, so if you install the first one (Catalyst software suite) it will install both drivers and CCC.

Actually, AMD Vision Engine appears only when you have both AMD CPU and Graphics card, and is not exclusive neither to desktops nor laptops. It's just name change, that's it.

well, i already installed both of them, but thank you very much for the link i got everything back to the way it was. including the dual monitors <3.

and thank you fantastik250 for the guidance you gave me :]

:sleep: 

~Austin
m
l
Anonymous
June 8, 2012 4:49:54 AM

Best answer selected by doomdiger.
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
June 8, 2012 4:51:48 AM

Glad I helped ;) .
m
l
a c 99 U Graphics card
June 8, 2012 6:24:39 AM

Anonymous said:
well, i already installed both of them, but thank you very much for the link i got everything back to the way it was. including the dual monitors <3.

and thank you fantastik250 for the guidance you gave me :]

:sleep: 

~Austin

No problem :) 
m
l
!