Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need Help choosing upgrades.

Last response: in Systems
July 30, 2012 9:01:35 AM

OK i have $200 and i need some upgrades, my PC is a year old now so i got some money together.

Current System Specs-

-Phenom II X4 955 (Non BE) (3.2 Ghz on stock Cooler)
-8gb of Corsair XMS3 1333
-HD 6870 1gb XFX
-M4N68T-M V2
-650w Thermaltake PSU
-AZZA Orion 202 evo

I was thinking a new case or a cpu cooler or maybe a new motherboard?

Any help is taken, im not new to the building computer community so you will not have to dumb down the tech talk.

Thanks

Josh

More about : choosing upgrades

a b B Homebuilt system
July 31, 2012 2:00:40 AM

What is it that you want to do with it? Are you having problems with your current case? (I ask because case seems like a strange thing to upgrade before GPU or RAM or whatever)
m
l
August 8, 2012 5:15:51 AM

No the case works fine, just when i made the build i cheaped out on the case. I would be using it for mostly gaming, and maybe some slight video editing/redering. Also thanks for the reply
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
August 10, 2012 2:40:21 AM

Well, in your price range you can't really upgrade your GPU much or at all. Your CPU is probably fine - I'm no expert on AMD cards, though, so I could be wrong.

You're being held back by your MOBO, which doesn't seem to allow Crossfire (correct me if I'm wrong, I looked up the spec sheet and it didn't mention Crossfire). With a $200 budget, probably I'd save my money and wait until I can replace the MOBO and CPU together while maybe adding another 6870 (or upgrading to a newer card).
August 10, 2012 8:30:50 PM

Best answer selected by hah4.
m
l
August 10, 2012 8:31:52 PM

Ok thanks
m
l
!