Need Help choosing upgrades.

OK i have $200 and i need some upgrades, my PC is a year old now so i got some money together.

Current System Specs-

-Phenom II X4 955 (Non BE) (3.2 Ghz on stock Cooler)
-8gb of Corsair XMS3 1333
-HD 6870 1gb XFX
-M4N68T-M V2
-650w Thermaltake PSU
-AZZA Orion 202 evo

I was thinking a new case or a cpu cooler or maybe a new motherboard?

Any help is taken, im not new to the building computer community so you will not have to dumb down the tech talk.

5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need choosing upgrades
  1. What is it that you want to do with it? Are you having problems with your current case? (I ask because case seems like a strange thing to upgrade before GPU or RAM or whatever)
  2. No the case works fine, just when i made the build i cheaped out on the case. I would be using it for mostly gaming, and maybe some slight video editing/redering. Also thanks for the reply
  3. Best answer
    Well, in your price range you can't really upgrade your GPU much or at all. Your CPU is probably fine - I'm no expert on AMD cards, though, so I could be wrong.

You're being held back by your MOBO, which doesn't seem to allow Crossfire (correct me if I'm wrong, I looked up the spec sheet and it didn't mention Crossfire). With a $200 budget, probably I'd save my money and wait until I can replace the MOBO and CPU together while maybe adding another 6870 (or upgrading to a newer card).
  4. Best answer selected by hah4.
  5. Ok thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Cooling Systems