Connecting a Pc to LCD tv: No signal

VanPercy

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
I recently bought a Samsung LCD tv. Trying to connect it to my PC with no luck. bought a HDMI cable and it says no signal. i thought it was my pc and i went and bought a graphic card, no signal again. i really don't know what to do anymore.

Samsung LCD TV 32" Series 4, 420;

ASUS, HD 5450 Silent, 1GB DDR3. (EAH5450 silent/DI/1GD3

I really need your help. i am using a cable HDMI to VGA M/M +2core. maybe it a wrong cable. (windows xp)

randomkid

Distinguished

Do you have another monitor working on your PC or you only have the TV and want to use it as the main monitor?
& TV usually have VGA input ports. Have you tried connecting thru this port?

That's an actual active converter, not an HDMI to VGA cable like he said he had

VanPercy

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
it connect via VGA. i did that and its says no signal. the TV has HDMI ports only. I did get a HDMI to HDMI cable and when i connect it to the LCD TV, nothing happen not even no signal or something. or the something wrong with the tv. the graphic card i am using has HDMI and VGA ports. i want to dispay picture on the tv, i god a sound system the the sound.

randomkid

Distinguished
If you have another HDMI source apart from your PC (like xbox, dvd player with upscale feature, etc ), try to connect it to your TV & see if your TV got display from other source. If still no display, then it might be port problem. Just make sure that you set the TV to the correct source where the HDMI is connected.

By the way, you can watch TV program from the TV, right?

VanPercy

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
yep i can watch TV program from the TV, its work perfectly. I will try and find other HDMI source and see what happen. i also thought it might be the port and thinking of taking it back(LCD) to the shop.