Sign in with
Your question

Amd Phenon II x4 960T: OC Good start?

Last response: in CPUs
December 12, 2012 6:19:29 PM

So im a begginer OCer. And I am just wondering if I am on a good start? I've been overclocking with AMD Over drive because for some reason, overclocking in BIOS is impossible. But I prefer AMD Over drive instead.

Anyways. I've only been through 4 Blue Screens and it seems that that what I have now is pretty stable. Tough it's only been roughly 3 hours of stable testing, It seems that I am getting somewhere with my OC.

Also my Temperture surprises me so much. After reading several post on overclocking people mention how their CPU temp rises to 55 + or is at 30 when idle. My temperture when idle it is almost always stable at 22 degrees, while when running a demanding game like APB: Reloaded or using Prime, OOCT or GPU:TOOL, it almost never surpasses 40. And I live in San Diego... Anyways..

It seems that I could potentially go further and maybe get up to 4.4 or atleast 4.2 with this Chip... Opinions?

Opinions on my Over Clock?

I just realised I posted this on the wrong section...Is there anyway I can move it to OC forums?
a c 146 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b À AMD
December 13, 2012 1:14:30 AM

lapatria100 said:
So im a begginer OCer. And I am just wondering if I am on a good start? I've been overclocking with AMD Over drive because for some reason, overclocking in BIOS is impossible. But I prefer AMD Over drive instead.

Anyways. I've only been through 4 Blue Screens and it seems that that what I have now is pretty stable. Tough it's only been roughly 3 hours of stable testing, It seems that I am getting somewhere with my OC.

http://i46.tinypic.com/rtlrhd.png

Also my Temperture surprises me so much. After reading several post on overclocking people mention how their CPU temp rises to 55 + or is at 30 when idle. My temperture when idle it is almost always stable at 22 degrees, while when running a demanding game like APB: Reloaded or using Prime, OOCT or GPU:TOOL, it almost never surpasses 40. And I live in San Diego... Anyways..

It seems that I could potentially go further and maybe get up to 4.4 or atleast 4.2 with this Chip... Opinions?

Opinions on my Over Clock?

I just realised I posted this on the wrong section...Is there anyway I can move it to OC forums?

It's hard to say every chip is different and after a certain point it's just the luck of the draw. I would get it as high as possible without messing with the voltages making sure you watch your temperatures. Once you hit a wall and can't get any higher run a Prime 95 stress test for atleast a whole 24 hours to make sure it is stable. 3 hours is not enough to know if the system is 100% stable.
m
l
!