Sign in with
Your question

I need help!

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Computers
Last response: in CPUs
December 12, 2012 7:38:26 PM

Okay so I am new to this site and I don't really know how to do this, but I will try my best.
I got my first computer around July of this year and I've loved it. Until about a month ago where it would scan drivers for errors and updates (win 7) when it booted. The updates and scans got really long (one time 7 hours) then it would say I need to repair my computer which wouldn't work because it would reset and say that it couldn't be fixed.
So I just bought win 8 no big deal and everything worked fine. Until a couple of errors started popping up one being Kernel security check error.
I looked this up online and couldn't find anything. Now it will not let me use my computer I used the action "refresh my computer" which is new for win 8 and completely deletes all software and that worked. Again for awhile. Now I got a really bad one where I could tell it wouldn't work because I would boot it up and tell me I needed to repair it.
So I went to the command "restart my computer" which deletes everything and makes it like it was brand new.
I thought this would work but at the 41% it just stopped and said it failed. (I forget why) Then I restarted my computer and said there was NO OS AT ALL. Which is strange because I didn't even ask it to delete win 8.
I'm now trying to re install win 8 and it says there is no bootable drive which isn't a problem with my 64 bit that works perfectly (but I can't install it because it's a 32 bit). But when I could/can (it works sometimes) it says that I can't install it because the "files in windows are locked".
I cannot do anything and I don't know where to go and I just REALLY need some guidance. My specs are:
1 x Processor (AMD FX-4100 CPU (4x 3.60GHz/4MB L2 Cache)))
1 x Motherboard (ASUS M5A97 -- AMD 970))
1 x Memory (4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - A-DATA Gaming Series))
1 x Video Card (AMD Radeon HD 6670 - 1GB - Single Card))

More about : question

December 13, 2012 4:00:35 AM

that's got mobo writing all over it OR maybe try and boot another hard drive if it works fine format your hard drive then re install windows through boot settings message me if it dosent work
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 13, 2012 7:32:41 AM

You have malware installed on your Windows 8 PC, probably from pirated software via BitTorrent.
- Re-install and start over.
- It was probably there from your prior Windows 7 installation.

Wipe your HDD using GPartEd, remove ALL partitions and recreate the MBR/GPT from scratch.
Then power of the PC for 20 minutes!.
Then after waiting 20 minutes of having the PC unplugged from the mains power do a cold boot and re-install Windows 8 and get yourself a subscription to VIPRE AntiVirus before installing any other software.

I've tested Norton 360 and the rest, and they're all sub-par performers.
- http://www.vipreantivirus.com/VIPRE-Antivirus/
- Although I'll admit that TrendMicro is bearable.

If your PC is on the Internet and you're doing what I think you're doing then you'll want effective protection, it's as simple as that.

Once it's working and you have the drivers and AntiVirus installed
- Download and create a Clonezilla backup image of your PC to an external HDD and keep it in a safe place
- Set the size to 4480MB and burn each chunk to a DVD-R, as read only media is safer.

Next time you're infected just restore the Clonezilla image.
- Even PC's not connected to the Internet get malware these days.
- You can be up and running in less than 5 minutes, which sure beats spending half the weekend re-installing everything next time, eh?

[dusts hands].
m
l
!