  • Microsoft
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
April 26, 2005 6:08:06 PM

I am trying to utilize the "description" column in Windows explorer details
view. I can display it, however it is blank for every file. Where do I
enter info to have it displayed here? I have looked under file properties
but nothing entered shows up in "description" - any help is appreciated- I
know I must be missing something. Thanks,
Liz

More about : description column windows explorer

Anonymous
April 27, 2005 12:00:21 PM

In Details View go to View>Choose Details. You will find a bunch of check
boxes for many details there.

"elizabeyta" <elizabeyta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to utilize the "description" column in Windows explorer
details
> view. I can display it, however it is blank for every file. Where do I
> enter info to have it displayed here? I have looked under file properties
> but nothing entered shows up in "description" - any help is appreciated- I
> know I must be missing something. Thanks,
> Liz
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 4:23:57 PM

It seems to be a property exclusive to .exe and .dll files. Add the column to a details view of your system32 directory and you'll see some entries.

Keith

!