Is two GTX 560ti's in sli better than a single GTX 570

Please can someone tell me if Two GTX 560ti's better than a single GTX 570
19 answers Last reply
More about 560ti single
  1. Yes its faster but the 570 you can sli later on and destroy the 560 ti sli setup. just go with a single 570 ande sli it later on
  2. Yes, Two GTX 560 Ti are way better than single GTX 570.
  3. stanistheman said:
    Yes its faster but the 570 you can sli later on and destroy the 560 ti sli setup. just go with a single 570 ande sli it later on

ok yes i will go with a 570 and later get another one thanks for your help
  4. How much is are they 560 TIs worth? Where I am they would be $520, and for that money I'd be looking much more closely at a HD 7950 or GTX 670 for many reasons.
  5. If your going for a GTX570 then you may want to think about the 7850 from AMD.It performs near to the GTX570 but consumes nearly 100 watts less.It also has more VRAM.And is highly overclockable.
  6. purple stank said:
    If your going for a GTX570 then you may want to think about the 7850 from AMD.It performs near to the GTX570 but consumes nearly 100 watts less.It also has more VRAM.And is highly overclockable.

I agree, going with one of the 7xxx or the 6xx series would be a better option, especially due to the power consumption.
  7. i might go for the xfx 7870 then or the sapphire 7870
  8. sam_fisher said:
    I agree, going with one of the 7xxx or the 6xx series would be a better option, especially due to the power consumption.

this might sound like a daft question to you but is the 7950 better than the 7870
  9. Yes it is.They go in a series,7700,7800,7900.And they're 2 variants in each series.The xx50 and the xx70.

What are your full system specs?(CPU,RAM,etc.)

What is your budget for a new card?
  10. GO FOR A GTX 670, THEN SLI LATER ON. CHEAPER AND JUST AS GOOD AS DUAL 560 Ti's
  11. purple stank said:
    Yes it is.They go in a series,7700,7800,7900.And they're 2 variants in each series.The xx50 and the xx70.

What are your full system specs?(CPU,RAM,etc.)

What is your budget for a new card?

this is a new a new build so im starting fresh.
    My specs
    Zalman z11 plus
    intel i5 3570k
    sabertooth z77
    corsair vengeance 2x4gb
    antec kuhler h20 620 cooler
    500gb hdd

and my budget for a new card is about £200-£250
  12. oh and sorry an ozc 850watt 80plus gold psu
  13. If your planning to O.C.,which it does,I would suggest not going with the 3570k.Go with the 2500k.The Ivy Bridge i5 is only 5-10% faster at the same clock speeds and it can get very hot when O.C.ing.You will get a higher O.C. with the 2500k which will equate to the 2500k being faster than the 3570k.

I also noticed that you don't have an SSD in your build.You might want to think about cutting back on the motherboard or PSU and putting that money towards a SSD.850 watt is way overkill unless your thinking of doing 3 way or 4 way SLI/Crossfire.

At £250(roughly $300 US) the GTX670 is out of your budget.But the 7850 is within your budget and a very good option.Pick up another 7850 in time to crossfire and you will have a very nice rig.
  14. purple stank said:
    If your planning to O.C.,which it does,I would suggest not going with the 3570k.Go with the 2500k.The Ivy Bridge i5 is only 5-10% faster at the same clock speeds and it can get very hot when O.C.ing.You will get a higher O.C. with the 2500k which will equate to the 2500k being faster than the 3570k.

Well at £250(roughly $300 US) the GTX670 is out of your budget.But the 7850 is within your budget and a very good option.Pick up another 7850 in time to crossfire and you will have a very nice rig.

i already have the 3570k so thats out of the question and i am planning to overclock and thanks i will go for the 7850 but which brand would you recommend i was going to go for XFX or sapphire
  15. Yup, after the release of Max Payne 3, 1 GB of VRAM is a pain.
  16. Go for the ASUS DC II if you can't find it go with the Sapphire.
  17. Just be cautious when overclocking,always watch your temps.I've heard they can get really hot very fast.

All of them sport really good aftermarket heatsinks but either Asus or MSI usually has the best quality componets.Since the 7850 is below your max budget I would suggest going for the MSI Twin Frozr III or Hawk.
  18. purple stank said:
    Just be cautious when overclocking,always watch your temps.I've heard they can get really hot very fast.

All of them sport really good aftermarket heatsinks but either Asus or MSI usually has the best quality componets.Since the 7850 is below your max budget I would suggest going for the MSI Twin Frozr III or Hawk.
    Oh of course i forgot about msi as they have msi afterburner for the hawk if i was to overclock it
  19. Well the Afterburner software is freeware but if you wanted to O.C. then I suggest going with the Twin Frozr III.The Hawk use's the same cooler it's just their O.C.'d version so it usually costs more.No sense in paying more for something your already going to do.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx SLI Graphics