Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012

blade061188

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
All manufacturers are going to be using the same GPU chip.

You have to pick one based on preference. Look at the cooler and check out reviews for heat and noise, check out their warranty, read reviews for their customer service.

Zotac is a fine brand, but the best is probably Asus.

Angelz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
I just want something even more powerful than the XFX 7950 DD. Yeah i seen those Asus ones. I want to get a Mobo from them someday. Oh wow that EVGA is nice. it has more Effective Memory Clock lol

To my mind, I think EVGA produces the best Nvidia cards.
Good warranty and USA spport.

Look for the factory overclocked superclocked or FTW models.

EVGA likes to use dual slot direct exhaust type reference coolers. They get the heat directly out the back of the case.
Other oem coolers do well on an open testbed, but in a case, they let hot gpu air into the case where it affects both gpu AND cpu cooling. That puts extra pressure on great case cooling.

Angelz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
Will i notice a differ on that card you're showing me over the one i had? I mean... Even games like Sims 3 was still taking foreeeeeeeever to load on the XFX. i dunno if it's my computer itself. It has a 3.4 GHZ icore 7 2600 and 8GB of memory and..some dumb cheapo board made by ACER. lol. I have a Gateway FX 6850-51U with 1 PCI-E slot

Angelz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
Yeah. Sims 3 is the ONLY game out of all the games i own that make it's fans go insane in the case. All other games like GTA4, Mw3, Tomb Raider Underworld and so on, don't do that. Weird right? Maybe it's just cause it's modded i dunno. I'll have to play without mods sometime. I've never been a fan of Graphic Cards with only 1 fan. But hey, if you say that's the best then i'll go with your word. : )

blade061188

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Not if you bump the fan up. They are quiet because they are cool, the fans don't need to spin up at stock speeds.

If you overclock and increase the temps, you'll need to increase the fan speed to manage your temps, the noise will increase.

Angelz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
The EVGA GTX 670 FTW is the one you showed me. I mean at the moment i can spend up to 550 - 600 on a Graphics Card but that one is gonna save me a bit of money cause i am planning on buying the COSMOS II Chassis case afterward lol

Angelz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
Haha yees! I gotta gotta gotta gotta haave that giant monster. It's really for protection so another coffee spill doesn't happen again..... x3

Question while you're here real quick. I dunno much about how SLI works but i know i have to buy another Mobo to do that. So if i buy the 670 a second time, i'll get double the graphics power?

Status
Not open for further replies.