Sign in with
Your question

Low budget gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
July 30, 2012 4:47:42 PM

Hello, i just made a post asking about upgrading my current computer and was basically told it wasn't worth upgrading and that instead i should hop on over here and ask about a low budget gaming pc.

I would like to be able to play modern games at medium to high settings (Depending on the game) With a decent fps ( A solid 30-40 would be great)
I hardly have any money to do this with so the most i would like to spend is £300

I prefer using windows XP however i know linux is free, can anyone fill me on the advantages and disadvantages of linux?

Also i dont want to have to do many expensive upgrades in the next 5 years

This will be my first home built PC so sorry if i missed anything

Thanks in advance

More about : low budget gaming

July 30, 2012 4:52:43 PM

If you use Linux be prepared for a whole whack of games that wont be supported.
Linux is mostly Command line (ive worked with Fedora Core 11 -15 doing server work)
but you can use the GUI to do alot.
And you would have to download an app called Wine (allows you to run .msi .exe files made for Windows based OS)
If your not entirely tech savvy go with XP
July 30, 2012 4:59:13 PM

Shockattackr said:
If you use Linux be prepared for a whole whack of games that wont be supported.
Linux is mostly Command line (ive worked with Fedora Core 11 -15 doing server work)
but you can use the GUI to do alot.
And you would have to download an app called Wine (allows you to run .msi .exe files made for Windows based OS)
If your not entirely tech savvy go with XP

Okay thanks, i'll probably stick with XP then but i'll do a little research into linux first
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
July 30, 2012 5:52:05 PM

These are all off Ebuyer UK if 350 quid is doable for ya :p 

For the most part u may have to tone down settings to say medium for 1920 x 1080 but lower res it's a decent little gamer
July 30, 2012 9:16:29 PM

batuchka said:
These are all off Ebuyer UK if 350 quid is doable for ya :p 
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q205/batuchka/Untitled-266.jpg
For the most part u may have to tone down settings to say medium for 1920 x 1080 but lower res it's a decent little gamer

I'll take a look, i may have to save for a while longer but should be worth it in the end

a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
July 31, 2012 7:57:28 PM

Yep u are welcomed and happy shopping ^^
!