Sign in with
Your question

Need CPU help

Last response: in CPUs
December 13, 2012 2:05:16 AM

Okay, Hi all. I have an HP Pavilion DV7-3065dx laptop. I am trying to upgrade it because I am trying to become a computer programmer or something along those lines. I just want to know everything haha.

Anyways, I am trying to upgrade my laptops CPU. Right now, its a AMD Turion II Ultra dual-core m600. I want to know what the best upgrade for it would be. I tried searching myself but I can't find out. I went to newegg and all they have is a single core. Like I said, I want my computer to be better for when I go to college. That way I can do what I need and make sure I don't have many problems.

I just recently got into computers after I helped my friend build his deskop from scratch. I hope to, one day, know all the parts and what they do. I know things like the motherboard, CPU, PSU, video/graphics card, Ram/memory, Hard drives, SSD and all that suff.

Anyways, I am rambling, sorry! Thanks for any help. Also, if there are any pros that want to give me some pointers, let me know and we can find some way to talk!! Thanks everyone.

More about : cpu

a b à CPUs
December 13, 2012 2:21:59 AM

The thing with laptops is that you're not really upgradeable. For the most part you can swap out/add ram or swap HDD/SDDs in and out, but otherwise they are pretty static. If you're looking for a faster laptop your best bet would be to get a whole new one.
m
l
December 13, 2012 2:37:54 AM

I see. Thanks for the reply. So should I just go about buying and building myself a desktop and just leave my laptop for simpler things? I forgot to mention that I am an Avid gamer and it is what had gotten me into wanting to be a computer programmer or something along those lines. That way I could possibly make my own games and what not. I have my Newegg cart full of desktop parts to try and get a beast of a computer. Anyways, thanks for your help sir.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 13, 2012 3:45:10 AM

what is your price range for a build i have been doing these things for a while and can help if you need some
m
l
December 13, 2012 4:16:43 AM

Well, right now, I'm jobless. so I am saving up $2,500 to get the parts that I want/need. I am doing overkill on a lot of it. Like I plan on getting 2 video/graphics cards, I want either a Rampage 4 or X79 Sabertooth motherboard. I am getting an i7 quad core CPU, I plan on getting a hard drive and an SSD. I am going all out. Not having a job is part of the reason why I want to go to college to become a computer programmer.

As of right now, my price range is nothing. I have a total of $350 saved right now. I do odd jobs for family and stuff until I can either find a job or get enrolled into college. I tried the whole ChipIn service to try and get some help because I planned on becoming a streamer on Twitch since I play video games almost 24/7.

Sorry for rambling again!
m
l
!