3310 make flash cable from data

Hi,

I've got a data cable Mbus/fbus for my nokia 3310 and i was plaaning to
also use it as a flashcable.

Now i was wondering if the paralel-port plug needs e chip in it (read
something like that) or not.

And if not (would be a lot easier) what pins need to be connected to
what?

Hope someon can help.

Greet,
Eldin
4 answers Last reply
More about 3310 make flash cable data

    Eldin <pieter_schutz@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:<mn.39087d488ff06bba.14780@zonnet.nl>...

    > I've got a data cable Mbus/fbus for my nokia 3310 and i was plaaning to
    > also use it as a flashcable.
    >
    > Now i was wondering if the paralel-port plug needs e chip in it (read
    > something like that) or not.
    >
    > And if not (would be a lot easier) what pins need to be connected to
    > what?

    Generally, one cable isn't enough for reflashing. You will also need
    special expensive equipment for reflashing. Therefore, we highly
    recommend to contact your nearest Nokia service centre.

    If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    info@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.opm-2.com/
    http://www.oxygensoftware.com/

    Na rijp beraad schreef Oxygen Software :
    > Eldin <pieter_schutz@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    >
    >> I've got a data cable Mbus/fbus for my nokia 3310 and i was plaaning to
    >> also use it as a flashcable.
    >>
    >> Now i was wondering if the paralel-port plug needs e chip in it (read
    >> something like that) or not.
    >>
    >> And if not (would be a lot easier) what pins need to be connected to
    >> what?
    >
    > Generally, one cable isn't enough for reflashing. You will also need
    > special expensive equipment for reflashing. Therefore, we highly
    > recommend to contact your nearest Nokia service centre.
    >
    > If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
    > Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    > Oxygen Phone Manager - all you want from your Nokia
    > info@oxygensoftware.com
    > http://www.opm-2.com/
    > http://www.oxygensoftware.com/

    also putted this on mail but this wat to :D

    Na rijp beraad schreef Oxygen Software :
    > Eldin <pieter_schutz@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    >
    >> I've got a data cable Mbus/fbus for my nokia 3310 and i was plaaning to
    >> also use it as a flashcable.
    >>
    >> Now i was wondering if the paralel-port plug needs e chip in it (read
    >> something like that) or not.
    >>
    >> And if not (would be a lot easier) what pins need to be connected to
    >> what?
    >
    > Generally, one cable isn't enough for reflashing. You will also need
    > special expensive equipment for reflashing. Therefore, we highly
    > recommend to contact your nearest Nokia service centre.
    >
    > If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
    > Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    > Oxygen Phone Manager - all you want from your Nokia
    > info@oxygensoftware.com
    > http://www.opm-2.com/
    > http://www.oxygensoftware.com/

    That's nice, but i heard it was quite easy to convert my mbus/fbus
    cable to use it as a flas cable. Since it uses te same pins and
    connector. Like it seems i just have to sold it to an paralel plug
    instead of a serial one.

    However i also wonder where to get flash files cause if i don't have
    those, i can't find any use for the cable :D
    I heard it was possible to flash my nokia 3310, so that it would have
    the menu as if it was a noka 3315. How to do this once i got a
    flashcable?

    And since i saw you where from OPM, thank you for that software. I'm
    using OPM2 to save my sms messages and logo's :D

    Greetings and sorry for my english,

    ELdin

    --
    eldinserver.no-ip.info
    Upload

    Let op hoofdletters voor zowel login als password

    pieter_schutz#@#zonnet.nl
    eldinserver.no-ip.info
    Upload
    Upload
    9408

    Eldin <pieter_schutz@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:<mn.43af7d48db81e38a.14780@zonnet.nl>...

    > Na rijp beraad schreef Oxygen Software :
    > > Eldin <pieter_schutz@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> I've got a data cable Mbus/fbus for my nokia 3310 and i was plaaning to
    > >> also use it as a flashcable.
    > >>
    > >> Now i was wondering if the paralel-port plug needs e chip in it (read
    > >> something like that) or not.
    > >>
    > >> And if not (would be a lot easier) what pins need to be connected to
    > >> what?
    > >
    > > Generally, one cable isn't enough for reflashing. You will also need
    > > special expensive equipment for reflashing. Therefore, we highly
    > > recommend to contact your nearest Nokia service centre.
    > >

    > That's nice, but i heard it was quite easy to convert my mbus/fbus
    > cable to use it as a flas cable. Since it uses te same pins and
    > connector. Like it seems i just have to sold it to an paralel plug
    > instead of a serial one.

    Unfortunately, it isn't true. You will also need special box and
    microcontroller. All cheap modifications may seriously damage your
    phone's internal firmware and hardware as well, that's why we highly
    recommend to perform any reflashing operations in official service
    centres: it is faster, cheaper and much more safe for your phone.

    > However i also wonder where to get flash files cause if i don't have
    > those, i can't find any use for the cable :D

    Usually, these files aren't in public access. You can get and use them
    only, if you have official contract with Nokia as service engineer.

    > I heard it was possible to flash my nokia 3310, so that it would have
    > the menu as if it was a noka 3315. How to do this once i got a
    > flashcable?

    Unfortunately, we cannot assist you on this case.

    > And since i saw you where from OPM, thank you for that software. I'm
    > using OPM2 to save my sms messages and logo's :D

    Thank you for your kind words! We are always ready to assist! Now
    we've released new 2.4.0.2 version. You can download the latest trial
    from our official public page ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ) and, if you
    are the registered customer, you can download full-featured license
    from your personal customer's page.

    If you will have any questions, concerning our program's
    functionality, feel free to contact us at our official public forum
    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    info@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.opm-2.com/
    http://www.oxygensoftware.com/
  4. Quote:

    Hi,

    I've got a data cable Mbus/fbus for my nokia 3310 and i was plaaning to
    also use it as a flashcable.

    Now i was wondering if the paralel-port plug needs e chip in it (read
    something like that) or not.

    And if not (would be a lot easier) what pins need to be connected to
    what?

    Hope someon can help.

    Greet,
    Eldin

    Hi! I've read your comment from this site and I found out that you bought a data cable Fbus/Mbus, I just wanna ask where did you bought that cable. I looked on every store here in our country and even searched on the net but it was hard to find it nowadays. I really need it on my thesis project, please send me the information. Thank you very much! Your help is truly appreciated. Here's my email arlene_fullmetal@yahoo.com.

Nokia Flash Cable