Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

3310 make flash cable from data

Tags:
  • Nokia
  • Flash
  • Cable
Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 8:24:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Hi,

I've got a data cable Mbus/fbus for my nokia 3310 and i was plaaning to
also use it as a flashcable.

Now i was wondering if the paralel-port plug needs e chip in it (read
something like that) or not.

And if not (would be a lot easier) what pins need to be connected to
what?

Hope someon can help.

Greet,
Eldin

More about : 3310 make flash cable data

Anonymous
August 7, 2004 11:49:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Eldin <pieter_schutz@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:<mn.39087d488ff06bba.14780@zonnet.nl>...

> I've got a data cable Mbus/fbus for my nokia 3310 and i was plaaning to
> also use it as a flashcable.
>
> Now i was wondering if the paralel-port plug needs e chip in it (read
> something like that) or not.
>
> And if not (would be a lot easier) what pins need to be connected to
> what?

Generally, one cable isn't enough for reflashing. You will also need
special expensive equipment for reflashing. Therefore, we highly
recommend to contact your nearest Nokia service centre.

If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
Oxygen Phone Manager - all you want from your Nokia
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/
Anonymous
August 8, 2004 7:43:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Na rijp beraad schreef Oxygen Software :
> Eldin <pieter_schutz@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> news:<mn.39087d488ff06bba.14780@zonnet.nl>...
>
>> I've got a data cable Mbus/fbus for my nokia 3310 and i was plaaning to
>> also use it as a flashcable.
>>
>> Now i was wondering if the paralel-port plug needs e chip in it (read
>> something like that) or not.
>>
>> And if not (would be a lot easier) what pins need to be connected to
>> what?
>
> Generally, one cable isn't enough for reflashing. You will also need
> special expensive equipment for reflashing. Therefore, we highly
> recommend to contact your nearest Nokia service centre.
>
> If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
> Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
> Oxygen Phone Manager - all you want from your Nokia
> info@oxygensoftware.com
> http://www.opm-2.com/
> http://www.oxygensoftware.com/

also putted this on mail but this wat to :D 


Na rijp beraad schreef Oxygen Software :
> Eldin <pieter_schutz@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> news:<mn.39087d488ff06bba.14780@zonnet.nl>...
>
>> I've got a data cable Mbus/fbus for my nokia 3310 and i was plaaning to
>> also use it as a flashcable.
>>
>> Now i was wondering if the paralel-port plug needs e chip in it (read
>> something like that) or not.
>>
>> And if not (would be a lot easier) what pins need to be connected to
>> what?
>
> Generally, one cable isn't enough for reflashing. You will also need
> special expensive equipment for reflashing. Therefore, we highly
> recommend to contact your nearest Nokia service centre.
>
> If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
> Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
> Oxygen Phone Manager - all you want from your Nokia
> info@oxygensoftware.com
> http://www.opm-2.com/
> http://www.oxygensoftware.com/

That's nice, but i heard it was quite easy to convert my mbus/fbus
cable to use it as a flas cable. Since it uses te same pins and
connector. Like it seems i just have to sold it to an paralel plug
instead of a serial one.

However i also wonder where to get flash files cause if i don't have
those, i can't find any use for the cable :D 
I heard it was possible to flash my nokia 3310, so that it would have
the menu as if it was a noka 3315. How to do this once i got a
flashcable?

And since i saw you where from OPM, thank you for that software. I'm
using OPM2 to save my sms messages and logo's :D 

Greetings and sorry for my english,

ELdin

--
eldinserver.no-ip.info
Upload
Upload
9408

Let op hoofdletters voor zowel login als password

pieter_schutz#@#zonnet.nl
eldinserver.no-ip.info
Upload
Upload
9408
Related resources
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 11:34:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Eldin <pieter_schutz@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:<mn.43af7d48db81e38a.14780@zonnet.nl>...

> Na rijp beraad schreef Oxygen Software :
> > Eldin <pieter_schutz@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> > news:<mn.39087d488ff06bba.14780@zonnet.nl>...
> >
> >> I've got a data cable Mbus/fbus for my nokia 3310 and i was plaaning to
> >> also use it as a flashcable.
> >>
> >> Now i was wondering if the paralel-port plug needs e chip in it (read
> >> something like that) or not.
> >>
> >> And if not (would be a lot easier) what pins need to be connected to
> >> what?
> >
> > Generally, one cable isn't enough for reflashing. You will also need
> > special expensive equipment for reflashing. Therefore, we highly
> > recommend to contact your nearest Nokia service centre.
> >
>
> That's nice, but i heard it was quite easy to convert my mbus/fbus
> cable to use it as a flas cable. Since it uses te same pins and
> connector. Like it seems i just have to sold it to an paralel plug
> instead of a serial one.

Unfortunately, it isn't true. You will also need special box and
microcontroller. All cheap modifications may seriously damage your
phone's internal firmware and hardware as well, that's why we highly
recommend to perform any reflashing operations in official service
centres: it is faster, cheaper and much more safe for your phone.

> However i also wonder where to get flash files cause if i don't have
> those, i can't find any use for the cable :D 

Usually, these files aren't in public access. You can get and use them
only, if you have official contract with Nokia as service engineer.

> I heard it was possible to flash my nokia 3310, so that it would have
> the menu as if it was a noka 3315. How to do this once i got a
> flashcable?

Unfortunately, we cannot assist you on this case.

> And since i saw you where from OPM, thank you for that software. I'm
> using OPM2 to save my sms messages and logo's :D 

Thank you for your kind words! We are always ready to assist! Now
we've released new 2.4.0.2 version. You can download the latest trial
from our official public page ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ) and, if you
are the registered customer, you can download full-featured license
from your personal customer's page.

If you will have any questions, concerning our program's
functionality, feel free to contact us at our official public forum
http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
Oxygen Phone Manager - all you want from your Nokia
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/
November 22, 2011 2:20:22 PM

Quote:
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Hi,

I've got a data cable Mbus/fbus for my nokia 3310 and i was plaaning to
also use it as a flashcable.

Now i was wondering if the paralel-port plug needs e chip in it (read
something like that) or not.

And if not (would be a lot easier) what pins need to be connected to
what?

Hope someon can help.

Greet,
Eldin



Hi! I've read your comment from this site and I found out that you bought a data cable Fbus/Mbus, I just wanna ask where did you bought that cable. I looked on every store here in our country and even searched on the net but it was hard to find it nowadays. I really need it on my thesis project, please send me the information. Thank you very much! Your help is truly appreciated. Here's my email arlene_fullmetal@yahoo.com.
!