Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 8, 2012 5:23:11 PM

(Explanation)(Can Skip)
Hi below are my system specs if you need more info about my computer id
be glad to share. Unfortunately at the moment i have a 200$ budget(max) and would like to upgrade my video card. I know its a tight budget but i just want an upgrade that will help for the time being. I believe my video card is pretty old. Not really sure because i don't know much about computers.
Also while looking for a video card i kept coming across that some video cards might not work in certain computers and i noticed that my desktop is pretty small.

(straight to the point)
I'd like to know whats the best video card i can upgrade to in my budget that will fit in my PC
with the power supply, i guess that can be changed maybe if necessary?

Dell Dimension 9200c

Model - Dimension DXC061

32 bit operating system

Windows Vista Business SP2

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4400 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz

275 Watt power supply

2.00 GB Memory (RAM)

Current Graphics Card : Radeon X1300/X1550 Series
(i feel like that's weird, why is there 2 different versions?)

More about : play guild wars smoothly tight budget

a c 291 U Graphics card
June 8, 2012 8:14:33 PM

Best card you can fit is hd 7750, however, it's a bit over your budget - it costs $109. A step down would be an HD 6670 GDDR5 at $80, which is significantly slower. Both will work under 275W power supply.

By the way - I'm confused on your request that we double check your power supply - but you know, we don't have physical access to your machine, and you do, so you're the only one who can verify it!
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2012 8:30:32 PM

Gotta love when someone says "you can double check that for me". Do it yourself, we are here to help you, not do all the work for you.
m
l
June 8, 2012 10:33:16 PM

Sunius said:
Best card you can fit is hd 7750, however, it's a bit over your budget - it costs $109. A step down would be an HD 6670 GDDR5 at $80, which is significantly slower. Both will work under 275W power supply.

By the way - I'm confused on your request that we double check your power supply - but you know, we don't have physical access to your machine, and you do, so you're the only one who can verify it!

Sorry about that, and i apologize to Vrumor also, that wasn't the impression i was trying to give, ur both right

im sure i can break my budget a little if that's what it comes down to for the hd7750 ill check it out, thanks!
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2012 10:39:50 PM

Becareful which 7750 you buy. THeres one that uses a pci-e 6pin connector and 1 that doesnt. If your has the 6 pin, get that one, its an upgrade over the normal 7750.
m
l
June 11, 2012 6:39:59 AM

thanks for all your help guys, i was looking into the hd 7750 but now my budget increased to 200$ (which i edited in the first post to distraught confusion)

so any one know one that would work with my motherboard/small frame/power supply for that price range. (Mainly for Guild Wars 2)

and is there a way to increase my power supply so i can use better cards? don't really know a whole lot much about this, thanks in advance!
m
l
June 11, 2012 7:24:56 AM

and also i was looking at the gtx 550's and 560's because i heard they should work well with guild wars 2 and fit into my 200$ budget, not sure if they would work with my computer though
m
l
!