Want to play Guild Wars 2 Smoothly Tight Budget

(Explanation)(Can Skip)
Hi below are my system specs if you need more info about my computer id
be glad to share. Unfortunately at the moment i have a 200$ budget(max) and would like to upgrade my video card. I know its a tight budget but i just want an upgrade that will help for the time being. I believe my video card is pretty old. Not really sure because i don't know much about computers.
Also while looking for a video card i kept coming across that some video cards might not work in certain computers and i noticed that my desktop is pretty small.

(straight to the point)
I'd like to know whats the best video card i can upgrade to in my budget that will fit in my PC
with the power supply, i guess that can be changed maybe if necessary?

Dell Dimension 9200c

Model - Dimension DXC061

32 bit operating system

Windows Vista Business SP2

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4400 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz

275 Watt power supply

2.00 GB Memory (RAM)

Current Graphics Card : Radeon X1300/X1550 Series
(i feel like that's weird, why is there 2 different versions?)
8 answers Last reply
More about want play guild wars smoothly tight budget
  1. bump =[
  2. Best card you can fit is hd 7750, however, it's a bit over your budget - it costs $109. A step down would be an HD 6670 GDDR5 at $80, which is significantly slower. Both will work under 275W power supply.

By the way - I'm confused on your request that we double check your power supply - but you know, we don't have physical access to your machine, and you do, so you're the only one who can verify it!
  3. Gotta love when someone says "you can double check that for me". Do it yourself, we are here to help you, not do all the work for you.
  4. Sunius said:
    Best card you can fit is hd 7750, however, it's a bit over your budget - it costs $109. A step down would be an HD 6670 GDDR5 at $80, which is significantly slower. Both will work under 275W power supply.

By the way - I'm confused on your request that we double check your power supply - but you know, we don't have physical access to your machine, and you do, so you're the only one who can verify it!

Sorry about that, and i apologize to Vrumor also, that wasn't the impression i was trying to give, ur both right

im sure i can break my budget a little if that's what it comes down to for the hd7750 ill check it out, thanks!
  5. Becareful which 7750 you buy. THeres one that uses a pci-e 6pin connector and 1 that doesnt. If your has the 6 pin, get that one, its an upgrade over the normal 7750.
  6. I doubt his power supply has a 6-pin connection.

@OP: You should look for a card with less than 900 Mhz core clock (speaking about HD 7750). Like this:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125417.
  7. thanks for all your help guys, i was looking into the hd 7750 but now my budget increased to 200$ (which i edited in the first post to distraught confusion)

so any one know one that would work with my motherboard/small frame/power supply for that price range. (Mainly for Guild Wars 2)

and is there a way to increase my power supply so i can use better cards? don't really know a whole lot much about this, thanks in advance!
  8. and also i was looking at the gtx 550's and 560's because i heard they should work well with guild wars 2 and fit into my 200$ budget, not sure if they would work with my computer though
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product